Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 14th, 2006, 02:22 AM
ultradoug

Who is the best unit... ever.

ok, so lets do this, who is the best unit- ever.
this should become a huge war about why your unit is the best, I sugest making good reasions or just ludicress reasions why your unit is top.

I'm starting with Tae.

Tae owns. He rulls all. I've won games with nothing but Tae. His awsome attack of 3 gets better to 4 when he is higher, and he can just disengage and fly away and go anywhere and attack you, not only that but all other figures you have get better attacks, so they have to be near him, big deal. But Tae can beat anyone hands down.
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:24 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I will give the typical answer that is used by some of the IT teaching assistants here at Purdue, when you ask them vague questions. After "Google It" this is the second most common answer.

It depends.
Old May 14th, 2006, 03:05 AM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The Krav are hands down the Best Unit in the game. I'd put Raelin as #2. Both are borderline broken for their cost and in my opinion it is a mistake not to field atleast 1 of these 2 in a competitive army (the 1 exception would maybe be a 4th Mass/Roman army)
Old May 14th, 2006, 03:29 AM
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness DEATHWALKER 1970 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I´m definitely with Jason here... The Krav Maga agents almost always get drafted when we play, and Raelin too!
For their flexibility between offensive and defensive abilities, water movement and their death defying ability, the Microcorp agents are one of the most versatile squads in the game, imo... Gonna get some more of those guys!
Old May 14th, 2006, 04:13 AM
ultradoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHWALKER 1970
I´m definitely with Jason here... The Krav Maga agents almost always get drafted when we play, and Raelin too!
For their flexibility between offensive and defensive abilities, water movement and their death defying ability, the Microcorp agents are one of the most versatile squads in the game, imo... Gonna get some more of those guys!
water movement = microcorp agenst not krav. The krav are 100 point 3 team that can dodge ranged with 1 shild or more automaticly.
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:15 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Tagawa samurai have the potential to be absolutely dominant. I have lost entire armies to them. Their lack of range or flight is aided by their fast movement and potential for 8-12 or even 13 defense. (5 base + 3 bloodlust + 2 raelin + 1 (or 2) glyph + 1 height... don't laugh, I've seen it.) And any unit with counterstrike should get major consideration.

In short, highly undervalued imo.
Old May 14th, 2006, 11:30 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
The Tagawa samurai have the potential to be absolutely dominant. I have lost entire armies to them. Their lack of range or flight is aided by their fast movement and potential for 8-12 or even 13 defense. (5 base + 3 bloodlust + 2 raelin + 1 (or 2) glyph + 1 height... don't laugh, I've seen it.) And any unit with counterstrike should get major consideration.

In short, highly undervalued imo.
Umm, sorry, but bloodlust counters only increase attack dice.
Old May 14th, 2006, 12:26 PM

Captain John Parker has disabled reputation
Nether is right it depends.... And it depends on a lot of things: terrain, opponents, size of army, complementary units, etc.

That having been said, I think the lowly Marro Warriors could be the "best" unit (or best buy anyway....). The stats are decent across the board and they are relatively hard to kill for a shooter. They are soooo cheap especially since their are four of them. If you don't completely wipe them out, just add water and "poof" they're back...

If it is late in a game and you don't have some pieces faster than them, they just move away (out of range), clone the next turn, and then shoot. Repeat as necessary.

Hate those guys.

Stand your ground / Don't fire unless fired upon / But if they mean to have a war / Let it begin here
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation
It's Alastair MacDirk.
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Any of my customs or if it comes to officials i agree with nether it depends

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old May 15th, 2006, 12:53 AM

Double Oak has disabled reputation
Although I love the Tagawa, the Krav Agents get my vote. Good attack, especially with height, workable range and that all important stealth dodge. When I don't waste them with stupid play they generally get me the win. Have also been on the losing side of em, thus the signature line! (any squad my 7 yr old can take to victory can't be too shabby)

Never underestimate a smart 8 yr old who still has all three agents
Old May 15th, 2006, 09:32 AM

Marc has disabled reputation
My vote goes for the Krav Maga Agents also. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of game we play, with the exception of melee only, they always get drafted and always have to be accounted for.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units