Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old October 20th, 2012, 07:11 PM

Daddywarbux is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Plaid Hat Games to make Bioshock game

saw this on thedailywhat:
http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/143

i demand details! can we see the sculpts?
Old October 21st, 2012, 12:36 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: Plaid Hat Games to make Bioshock game

Wow! That is awesome!

What a score for Truth and Co.

The Video game looks awesome, and i bet the board game will be too...can't wait.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:59 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is excellentisticness,most excellentisticness. Yesss.

Here's some more about it from The Verge

Last edited by Shedim Kabal; October 21st, 2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Linkage
Old October 22nd, 2012, 01:31 AM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!

Wow. My recent BioShock playthrough got my looking up new info on Infinite. When I read on their website that Plaid Hat Games designed a go-along board game, I got super excited! I really hope the figures are on a 1" base. Then I can paint them and use them in HS/Pen & paper RPGs.

Really excited for both games now!!
Old October 22nd, 2012, 02:04 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Wow, that's pretty cool!
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I just read the Bioshock Infinite Board Game full page spread in the recent issue of Game Informer that gets delivered to my house. I'd like to congratulate Truth and everyone that worked on that project. The game looks quite fun and I will happily support you guys with its purchase. It's nice to see when Karma rewards those who are just.

If Plaid Hat Games takes off after this and you need some more employees, I'm someone in the LA/Orange County area that would love to be a part.

Last edited by Balantai; May 16th, 2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:10 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I just read the Bioshock Infinite Board Game full page spread in the recent issue of Game Informer that gets delivered to my house. I'd like to congratulate Truth and everyone that worked on that project. The game looks quite fun and I will happily support you guys with its purchase. It's nice to see when Karma rewards those who are just.

Truth, I wish your company all the best! I'm sort of getting an actual gaming group together, so this might be the next purchase after more Magic and Scape!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post

If Plaid Hat Games takes off after this and you need some more employees, I'm someone in the LA/Orange County area that would love to be a part.
Actually, Plaid Hat is pretty big time relatively speaking for a game company. Sure they aren't Fantasy Flight Games or Rio Grande Games, but they've become a very well regarded company in the gaming industry.

Summoner Wars is their flagship product, but Mice & Mystics has been blowing the doors off things with several reprints already. They will have a small expansion down the road and later even, there will be a big expansion that I've just started testing (really awesome stuff in there).

I just got City of Remnants and that looks to be another hit. Many different mechanics incorporated into that game where it feels like a nice mix of Euro game with production, economics, VPs etc, with some nice Ameritrash combat and heavy theme. Looks like it could easily accept expansions for sure with more gang members, different gangs, more black market cards, more buildings etc.

Hopefully Bioshock will add to the list of great games and keep the Plaid Hat train a rolling.

One thing I like about Plaid Hat, aside from them being very customer friendly, is that they aren't just a company that publishes any old game from any yahoo. Seems like there is a core of people within the company that have been working together on various projects for quite a while now. I'm very happy for their success as they all seem to be genuinely good people.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 19th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Definitely not horrible

Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby! Bothi rolls all skulls baby!

Licensed games (as far as my experience has gone) tend to be very suck-ish, be it a video game or board game. That said, I think it was a very good move on Bioshock's part to choose one of the arguably best board game crafters around.

Old May 19th, 2013, 01:10 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothi View Post
Licensed games (as far as my experience has gone) tend to be very suck-ish, be it a video game or board game. That said, I think it was a very good move on Bioshock's part to choose one of the arguably best board game crafters around.

Considering I've never played the base game (not my cup of tea), I won't really know how good it is compared to Bioshock Infinite, but from what I read in GI they're supposed to have skylines in the game... Very interesting concept.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:

While that can be true in some cases, there are some awesome licensed board/miniatures games.

War of the Ring

Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Lords of Waterdeep

Battlestar Galactica

Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniature Game

Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 19th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:

While that can be true in some cases, there are some awesome licensed board/miniatures games.

War of the Ring

Lord of the Rings: The Card Game

Lords of Waterdeep

Battlestar Galactica

Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniature Game

Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit
I also think Fantasy Flight did an excellent job with Gears of War: The Board Game.

I have yet to get a bad game from Plaid Hat (and I have them all). I'm worried that City of Remnants is being overshadowed by the Bioshock game and Mice and Mystics and isn't getting the notice it should. It is a very fun, well-designed game, and I hope it is successful.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games