Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 16th, 2021, 09:05 PM

Climbing ice is surprisingly tart
Cerebrax and Runed Skull Beetle

On ebay the other day I picked up a few customs which I don't believe the community has had the opportunity of playtesting or looking over. One is called Cerebrax and the other, Runed Skull Beetle. As someone who has done quite a lot of research on insects and their ecology, I was naturally very interested in these guys. In my opinion, they are pretty underpriced for what they can do, especially when pared with Sujoah and a few others. I would love to hear what you guys think so that I can perhaps give them new point values for more even matchups in casual games. https://imgur.com/a/UEFyxbJ

@Dad_Scaper
Old January 16th, 2021, 09:13 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Cerebrax and Runed Skull Beetle

Here are the cards:

I just used the "copy link address" and pasted it into the "add image" button.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 16th, 2021, 10:35 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Interesting customs! I'd like to meet the designer.

I'd say Cerebrax as worded currently is more like 150 or 160 but he has some language issues that make him hard to play with. The Beetle is probably closer to 70 points because of its defenses but since it has one life it'll be swingy and probably not as fun to play with or play against as some might think. If you're interested in redesigning the cards a bit I've got ideas.

Spoiler Alert!
Old January 17th, 2021, 12:18 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I like the beetle design. There are a few reasons why it wouldn't work in the competitive environment - C3V or the SoV - based on things you won't care about in your home games. Concepts like rolling "blanks" aren't a thing, for instance. But it has a few entertaining bells and whistles. With one life, maybe it should be 40 points? I don't know. Whatever seems right for your home games.

The same is true of Cerebrax, but it's harder for me to get a sense of its price point. I think 150 seems high, but I could be wrong. Its survivability is not high, but the Distress Signal power is situationally going to provide all the defense any unit could ever ask for. Maybe try 120 points? I don't know.

They both look like fine customs, and I hope you enjoy playing with them. I like the minis, too. They aren't really suitable for the SoV, but that's not what you came here to ask. As I understand it.

I would try to track down a few more of those beetle minis. They're common, so you can run a bunch of them.

= =
Old January 17th, 2021, 03:35 AM

Thank you both for your recommendations! I agree that the non-standard wording and powers are a bit off putting on both figures. Since neither of these will likely ever be part of a tournament, I will most likely just keep the cards a little weird but bump up their point values to make casual games at home a little less one sided.

I actually bought out the seller on ebay for the beetles since she had several, and I have found that paired with Cerebrax and sand if I can get it, they are crazy strong with no order marks. They are great for engaging ranged figures to buy time until I can get Sujoah out there (also boosted by Cerebrax). With essentially 6 attack (4+ auto skull from Cerebrax) Sujoah can get his poison sting special almost every time. (Writing this now though, I see another problem with the wording on Cerebrax's card, technically boosting a special attack....)
Old January 17th, 2021, 01:26 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Yeah, I wouldn't workshop the powers. You're having fun with them and it's obvious enough what their powers are supposed to be.

Enjoy, and thanks for sharing. I had fun looking.

Welcome to the board, climber! Don't be shy!

Also, if you want to keep expanding your collection of figures, if you look at the C3V/SoV units (link in my signature box), you can print all the cards you want, and just find the minis. In each thread we tell you what the minis are.

Those units have all been stress-tested for suitability for competitive play and compatibility with the canon. I'd vouch for all of them.

= =
Old January 17th, 2021, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Also, if you want to keep expanding your collection of figures, if you look at the C3V/SoV units (link in my signature box), you can print all the cards you want, and just find the minis. In each thread we tell you what the minis are.

Those units have all been stress-tested for suitability for competitive play and compatibility with the canon. I'd vouch for all of them.

For sure! I actually already have a good number of your guys' customs and have been enjoying getting to know them as well as I do the originals.
Old January 17th, 2021, 02:43 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Oh good! I'm glad to hear it.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards