Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old November 14th, 2017, 09:22 PM

LeiaBlaze Woo who?
Cool Re: 500 Point Competitive Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post

Charos 210
Krav Maga Agents 100
Airborne Elite 110
Raelin 80
Total 500
Thar army looks fantastic! I can already see it working in several "fun" ways. Thank you so much!
Old November 14th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 500 Point Competitive Armies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiaBlaze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post

Charos 210
Krav Maga Agents 100
Airborne Elite 110
Raelin 80
Total 500
Thar army looks fantastic! I can already see it working in several "fun" ways. Thank you so much!
The Airborne are always a gamble, but hopefully the Charos, Krav, Raelin combo has enough staying power to last until the AE drop.
Old December 5th, 2017, 03:42 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Tagawa Samurai Archers x2 130
Tagawa Samurai 120
Kaemon Awa 120
Hatamoto Taro 100 (CUC revision)
Eldgrim the Viking Champion 30
I took this against some elven wizards, and while they're hardly the most competitive faction, I was pretty happy with how the samurai fared. The CUC version of Hatamoto is a huge boon to the Samurai, to the point that I actually attributed much of the army's success to him. What's great is that his aura never really gives the perception of failing to save someone--it always seems like a bonus that just saved their life when it works!

It's a pity that it won't work the majority of the time in vanilla 'Scape, and that Eldgrim will also have to be taken out. At that point, it'd probably be better to just take two more squads of the archers for the points.

The Tagawa Samurai Archers were good for gaining some high ground around a glyph and then firing on any Warriors of Ashra from range, while Kaemon Awa was able to deal a good amount of damage to the heroes before falling. The Tagawa Samurai unfortunately weren't able to do much damage, since by the time that I used them, my opponent only had Warriors and Arkmer left. I learned firsthand how absolutely frustrating Defensive Agility can be, and to never expect luck to go my way for a single Engagement Strike.
Old December 8th, 2017, 03:27 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeiaBlaze View Post
So I'm in a bit of a spot. I've been crafting an army from the units I have, and so far it looks like this:

Raelin SOTM 120
Marro Stingers 60
Izumi Samurai 60
Agent Carr 100
Krav Maga Agents 100

Now my original thought was to add in Major Q10, but it was revealed I miscalculated and that would lead me to a 590 point army. Right now I have 60 points left to spend. My figures are from ROTV, SOTM, that one expansion with the big centaur demon thing, and Sir Gilbert. I was thinking of putting Shori in there as an independently acting Hero, or another group of Stingers.
If you want to run a Marro army, here's a pretty fun one:
Marro Hive 160
Su-Bak-Na 160
Marro Stingers x2 120
Marrden Nagrubs x2 60

With Nagrubs boosting Su-Bak-Na with Hivelord Bonding and the Hive rebirthing stingers, this might be one of the better team comps in your arsenal. Just make sure you keep your hive in a safe position
Old December 8th, 2017, 04:04 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So, since a lot of my friends at college hadn't heard of Heroscape until recently, I decided I would make somewhat of a catalog of 500 point teams they could choose from if they wished to. some of them are more competitive, while some are more thematic or fun to play with! Lemme know what you guys think:

Team 1: Braxas, Black Wyrmling x3, Krav Maga Agents, Agent Carr

Team 2: Nilfheim, Ice Troll Berserker, Frost Giant of Morh, White
Wyrmling x3

Team 3: Ulginesh, Emirroon, Chardris, Jorhdawn, Saylind the Kyrie Warrior

Team 4: Jotun, Syvarris, Horned Skull Brutes, Goblin Cutters x2

Team 5: Thanos, Ne-Gok-Sa, Marro Warriors

Team 6: Captain America, Sgt. Drake Alexander (SotM), Airborne Elite

Team 7: Spartacus, Crixus, Retiarius, Red Wyrmling x2, Izumi Samurai

Team 8: Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x2, Fen Hydra, Sonlen, Kyntela Gwyn

Team 9: Taelord the Kyrie Warrior, Minions of Utgar x2, Omnicron Snipers

Team 10: Death Chasers of Thesk x5, Ogre Warhulk, Me-Burq-Sa, Swog Rider

Team 11: James Murphy, Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan, Deadeye Dan, Guilty McCreech, Me-Murq-Sa, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV), Krav Maga Agents

Team 12: Major Q9, Major Q10, Deathreavers x4, Otonashi

Team 13: Death Knights of Valkrill x3, Taelord the Kyrie Warrior, Werewolf Lord

Team 14: Major Q10, Iron Golem x2, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV), Blue Wyrmling x2

Team 15: Concan, Krug, Major Q9, Siege

Team 16: Me-Burq-Sa, Mogrimm Forgehammer, Sgt. Drake Alexander (SotM), Shurrak

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion