Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 19th, 2012, 01:51 PM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I was at the local thrift store today in search of 'Scape. Alas, I did not find any, but we did pick up two games, Timestream and Mindtrap. Has anyone played either of these? Are they any good?
Old August 19th, 2012, 06:54 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I got a couple more games of Zombiced in today.
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:51 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played Zombicide every day since we got it except Tuesday. Something like 8 games total. Really loving it, but its getting a bit too easy. Once you get an idea of the rhythm of combat we haven't had much trouble taking on much of anything. Soon we're going to give scenario 6 a try though, which has some interesting new objectives at least. It might be a case of the kickstarter stuff making things a little easier, though I'll probably just start adding spawn points or something to make it a little tougher in the future.

Also got a game in with the Structural Engineer in Flashpoint tonight. Not being able to put out fires is a huge handicap, and we lost quite quickly and brutally.
Old August 19th, 2012, 11:12 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Played Hatch: Dragonology tonight. We only played to 25 (supposed to play to 50), and I won 42 - 19. I just learned the game today and it's a lot of fun and really easy to learn if you have experience with other traditional card games.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 19th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Played Zombicide every day since we got it except Tuesday. Something like 8 games total. Really loving it, but its getting a bit too easy. Once you get an idea of the rhythm of combat we haven't had much trouble taking on much of anything. Soon we're going to give scenario 6 a try though, which has some interesting new objectives at least. It might be a case of the kickstarter stuff making things a little easier, though I'll probably just start adding spawn points or something to make it a little tougher in the future.
So are you easily killing off all the zombies and never running out then?

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old August 20th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, we got home from Gen Con a couple of hours ago and are finally
winding down. My son and I loved it and are already trying to figure out how to go back.

In addition to the stuff I mentioned the other day, I also played Heroscape X 10 (went 1-4 in the Main event and 3-2 in General Wars), which was pretty awesome, despite the poor showing.

I also played Smash Up, which was another game that sold out. I bought a copy the first day but later went to the AEG Big Game night, where everyone received a copy of the game (along with Nightfall: the Coldest War, a full starter deck of Legend of the 5 Rings, and a set of
Thunderstone: Advance Promos). I addition, my son won one of the raffle drawings and walked away with the original Nightfall and all four of the expansions.

So the next day, we demoed a game of Nightfall.

Also got to demo Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster. I Kickstarted this one, and I'm happy that the demo was fun. I think this one will be pretty enjoyable.

Lastly, we played a full game of Invasion from Outer Space. It uses the same mechanics as Last Night on Earth with a lot of the same B-movie over-the-top humor. As it happens, the Martians first invasion site is an old-fashioned carnival, so you play as carnies defending the Earth. My son and I loved it, and he kicked some serious Martian butt as Jojo, the dancing bear. I ended up buying a copy, and we're excited to try this one at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
One game that I really enjoyed playing was Zpoclalypse. That was a pretty darn cool game let me tell you. The designer Jeff and his wife were teaching us the game. Pretty wild. Too bad it doesn't come out until December.

My son and I really enjoyed our game of Zpocalypse. We played with the artist and then talked to Jeff for a bit as we were playing. I really like the whole castle defense aspect, combined with fighting zombies. We lost our base on the first day and were just swarmed with zombies, but the dice started going our way, and we survived the onslaught. I can't wait for this one to arrive.
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:21 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
I also played Smash Up, which was another game that sold out. I bought a copy the first day but later went to the AEG Big Game night, where everyone received a copy of the game (along with Nightfall: the Coldest War, a full starter deck of Legend of the 5 Rings, and a set of
Thunderstone: Advance Promos). I addition, my son won one of the raffle drawings and walked away with the original Nightfall and all four of the expansions.
Wow that is a lot of swag for your bag! I cannot wait to play Smash Up. Say, if you're willing to sell that second copy shoot me a PM.

Yesterday I found this video on YouTube regarding the DC Deckbuilding Game. It looks like fun to me. In the comments somebody questioned waiting to see what PlaidHat does before jumping the gun on this. My thoughts are that this game is out very soon and has big name heroes and won't be the same as PlaidHat's game, which isn't even fully announced yet.

From the looks of this video, the big difference from standard deckbuilders is that the cards aren't all laid out for you to choose from, they're shuffled and laid out randomly. I love the art on this game though. It's straight from the comics, which IMO may have turned out better than original art.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:05 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
So are you easily killing off all the zombies and never running out then?
Pretty much. We mostly just work as a group. Find a place where the zombies are going to merge and run to it, firing as many guns as possible. Next turn after they've moved into the space, everyone with melee tends to manage to kill whatever survived the initial ranged barrage. As long as the heroes stick together, we haven't found it too difficult to kill whatever the game throws at us.

I do think the kickstarter bonus tray is having an effect on the difficulty of the game. Extra zombie turns are probably the hardest things the game throws at you and having more zombies to spawn reduces how often they occur. Personally though, I'd rather tweak that by adding more spawn points before cutting out the extra tray. The sheer volume of figures is definitely a big part of the game's wow factor.
Old August 20th, 2012, 11:33 AM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

Over the weekend, I was able to play a few more games of Descent 2nd Edition. We were playing the monsters wrong initially by allowing them to attack multiple times per turn. This was causing the combat damage to seem way out of line with the Heroes being knockout over and over again each encounter. Once the change was made the Heroes won both the intro mission and the Fat Golbin one. The game seems much more balanced then initally thought now.
Old August 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Gen Con Gaming -

LotR: LCG x 7 - Scaper Dude and I were the VERY first ones to beat the battle of Lake Town and kill Smaug.

King of Tokyo x 5

HeroScape x 13 (Mindshackled the Silver Surfer on first try in Assassin's Creed)

Dragon Dice x 13 - Defended my World Champion Title.

Of course there were many other great memories, but what happens in Gen Con, stays at Gen Con...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; August 20th, 2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Your mom is so dumb NGS mindshackled her with a 1
Old August 20th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
One game that I really enjoyed playing was Zpoclalypse. That was a pretty darn cool game let me tell you. The designer Jeff and his wife were teaching us the game. Pretty wild. Too bad it doesn't come out until December.

My son and I really enjoyed our game of Zpocalypse. We played with the artist and then talked to Jeff for a bit as we were playing. I really like the whole castle defense aspect, combined with fighting zombies. We lost our base on the first day and were just swarmed with zombies, but the dice started going our way, and we survived the onslaught. I can't wait for this one to arrive.
Yeah, I think this is one I will get when it comes out. My buddy was able to get the expansion and some other stuff for free when it comes out by trading his Netrunner game to Jeff for it. The minis for the expansion looked pretty cool.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 20th, 2012, 03:16 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just got my copy of Zombicide and have started painting all the minis as well as playing it a ton!

Another completed Earth Reborn set.

and a Kendall for another set.

A completed Fury of Dracula set.

One Fist painted for the Terrinoth games

Talisman and all of its expansions painted and gathered together for a group shot.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games