Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 13th, 2011, 12:51 PM

Nero is surprisingly tart
Re: Nero's Customs

Changes to the units: Reworded "Fallen" Angel's abilities to make my intent on how the unit should function more clear. Now testing her at 140 points. Also now trying two versions of the wolves, one at 130 points with the original ability, one at 90 points, with only a 2/2 scaling up.

Omahavice:

Thanks for the ideas. In playtesting, "Fallen" Angel has worked in practice similar to a mini-Q9, with similar results against more defensive units, but weaker results against offensive minded units. While the enemy is tied down in a rat-podge screen, Angel looks almost as well as Q9, but once a unit gets around the screen she falls in just one to three turns, unlike the major who can easily last two to three times as long.

The wolves have had less playtesting, in part because they don't slot into any standard build so their supporting unit have changed more, and also because I've been uncomfortable in doing more testing before their point range was narrowed down. They can almost always take down at least one 50-80 point squad, and can usually eat though another before the final wolf is swarmed to death. Squads or heroes with 4+ tend to offer more of a challenge, while ranged units or melee units with 3 attack or less just keep having to hope for the defensive whiff. On the other hand though, units that bypass defense (Brazas, black wyrmlings, Deadye Dan, etc.) are the wolves worst enemy, as the last wolf goes down just as easily as the first one did.

awesomeunleashed:
Thanks for pointing out the wording clarity issues. I had forgotten the "special attacks cannot be modified" rule, so I've changed deadly shot to deadly aim to make it clear that it only affected normal attacks, and I also added a line to kill shot to make its function more clear as well. My intent with the double attack was that you could chose to attack with either the special attack of the normal attack twice, or once with each. I think it should work that way as it is worded, but if other people also don't see this, I'll change it to make it more clear.

capsocrates:
I had considered having the dead wolves only give a 2/2 bonus, but I wanted there to be tension when the lone super-wolf was left between wanting to load order makers up on him to go crazy, and watching all those order markers go to waste with one lucky shot from a wimpy unit. I think at 7/7 players will be more likely to try to use the wolf conservatively as be less risky with their order marker placement, but I'll try it out more to see if the tension I want is still there. The benefit of this is a much smaller point cost, so I'll be testing it accordingly.

Thanks for all the suggestions, and feel free to keep them coming!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards