Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 26th, 2016, 12:52 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Fair point on no defensive power. And I can understand wanting to make sure he's a force to be reckoned with. Keeping that direction, I'd still drop the marker/figure destruction aspect and make it once-per-game, though, more closely aping Big Game Tracker.

Quote:
VENGEFUL VENDETTA
At the start of the game, choose an opponent's Unique Hero. When a numbered Order Marker is revealed on the chosen Hero's card, you may immediately move Batman up to 3 spaces. When moving with Vengeful Vendetta, Batman will not take any leaving engagement attacks. When Batman attacks the chosen Hero with a normal attack, all blanks rolled count as skulls.
Old February 26th, 2016, 01:01 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Dying Free is a great job of putting theme into mechanics.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 27th, 2016, 09:55 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Here's a Red Son Superman. I really want input on the character, so please make any suggestions. There's a couple of mechanically interesting things, but I would really like to see if anything else can be done with him. Also, sorta spoilers for Superman: Red Son (it's been out for 13 years though, so who cares.)

NAME = SUPERMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = KAL-LUTHOR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RULER
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS =

HEROIC RESCUE
After moving and before attacking with Superman, you may place one engaged friendly figure Superman passed over this turn on any empty space adjacent to Superman. Figures moved by Heroic Rescue will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

MAN OF STEEL
When rolling defense against a normal attack from a figure who is not a Kryptonian, all blanks rolled count as extra shields.

CONTROL CHIP
Any time an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of a Unique Hero you control that is adjacent to at least one figure you control, you may instead place a wound marker on the chosen Unique Hero's card. Whenever an opponent's Unique Hero would be destroyed by Superman, you may instead place a wound marker on that Unique Hero's Army Card. After placing that Wound Marker, remove all Order Markers from that Unique Hero's Army Card, and take permanent control of that Unique Hero.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 28th, 2016, 12:24 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I know where you're coming from with the last name, but it's honestly not correct. Kal L would be correct, without giving away any spoilers.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 28th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

What are you shooting for, points-wise? Control Chip is a very strong power, since Superman's got good odds of being able to hit someone for a few wounds to take them out. I'd think about getting rid of the first part of the power (protection from taking control) and adding a d20 roll to taking permanent control.
Old February 28th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

L is short for Luthor in this world, so it's still correct and helps keep him separate from the Earth 2 Superman.

I'm not sure point wise, but a d20 roll would be a good idea.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 28th, 2016, 12:49 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I always thought "World in a Bottle" would be a cool power name for Red Son Superman, and envisioned it as something between Bizarro's power and Self-Importance, making him an immensely powerful figure at the cost of your freedom of choice. Or even something like: "You cannot place any Order Markers on figures other than Superman. Instead of attacking with Superman, you may rearrange your Order Markers." I think that'd be a pretty interesting adaptation of a communist dictatorship with redistributed "wealth" being funneled through Supes.

Control Chip touches on some similar themes, though, and works just as well mechanically. I would drop Heroic Rescue for one of the aforementioned communism powers, though - we've only got one shot at Commie Supes so I'd like to see that represented if possible.
Old February 28th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Never Forgets

I'm not sure im seeing the power entirely from that description. Could you maybe post a speculative version of the power so I can see?

Old February 28th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Symbiotic

So, riffing on johnny's idea and adding a d20 roll to Control Chip, how would you feel about something like this? I also slightly tweaked Man of Steel so that he could be on-par with Kryptonians. It felt weird to me that in a fight with Superman-classic, Red Son wouldn't be able to beat Supes' Man of Steel, but Supes would be able to beat Red Son's.

Quote:
RED SON
At the start of each round, you must place all of your Order Markers on this card, if possible. After taking a turn with Superman, you may rearrange all Order Markers on Army Cards you control.

CONTROL CHIP 11
Whenever Superman would inflict enough wounds on an opponent's Unique Hero to destroy it, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, that Hero receives only one wound. If that Unique Hero is not destroyed by this special power, remove all Order Markers from that Unique Hero's Army Card and take permanent control of that Unique Hero.

COMRADE OF STEEL
When attacking an adjacent figure with his normal attack, Superman is considered to have a species of Kryptonian in addition to what is listed on this card. When rolling defense against a normal attack from a figure who is not a Kryptonian, all blanks rolled count as extra shields.
Old February 28th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Never Forgets

I actually like that his Man of Steel doesn't work on real Kryptonians. He's not a Kryptonian, he's a very evolved Human. I don't believe he'd be able to beat classic Superman,especially when you consider that Superman of Earth 0 doesn't have any limits, and this Superman has to strain a little bit to stop a satellite from crashing into Metropolis. I don't think he's as powerfull as a fully grown Kryptonian, but he is the most powerful thing on Earth 30 so I like that he can stand up to anything but a true Kryptonian, because he isn't a Kryptonian.

Edit, I'd also rather make that Red Son power a you may take a turn with any other Unique Hero or squad or whatever, instead of Superman and make the name more generic, so that it could be a generic absolute ruler power (ABSOLUTE RULE is a great name for that) and be reusable, because comics aren't exactly short on fictional dictators.

Old February 28th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Never Forgets

Here's what I'm thinking right now. I want to keep the first part of Control Chip, because I think it adds to the sense of the whole world being under Superman's overly intrusive watch, but I'm not too attached to it if it would be troublesome.

NAME = SUPERMAN

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RULER
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = ???

ABSOLUTE RULE
At the start of each round, you must place all of your Order Markers on this card, if possible. Order Markers cannot be moved from this card to any other card. Instead of taking a turn with Superman, you may take a turn with any other Unique Hero or Squad you control.

MAN OF STEEL
When rolling defense against a normal attack from a figure who is not a Kryptonian, all blanks rolled count as extra shields.

CONTROL CHIP 11
Any time an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of a Unique Hero you control that is adjacent to at least one figure you control, you may instead place a wound marker on the chosen Unique Hero's card. Whenever Superman would inflict enough wounds on an opponent's Unique Hero to destroy it, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, that Hero receives only one wound. If that Unique Hero is not destroyed by this special power, remove all Order Markers from that Unique Hero's Army Card and take permanent control of that Unique Hero.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Last edited by laughing matter; February 28th, 2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old February 28th, 2016, 09:55 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Here's what I'm thinking right now. I want to keep the first part of Control Chip, because I think it adds to the sense of the whole world being under Superman's overly intrusive watch, but I'm not too attached to it if it would be troublesome.

NAME = SUPERMAN

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = RULER
PERSONALITY = VALIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 8
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = ???

ABSOLUTE RULE
At the start of each round, you must place all of your Order Markers on this card, if possible. Order Markers cannot be moved from this card to any other card. Instead of taking a turn with Superman, you may you may take a turn with any other Unique Hero or Squad you control.

MAN OF STEEL

CONTROL CHIP 11
Any time an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of a Unique Hero you control that is adjacent to at least one figure you control, you may instead place a wound marker on the chosen Unique Hero's card. Whenever Superman would inflict enough wounds on an opponent's Unique Hero to destroy it, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, that Hero receives only one wound. If that Unique Hero is not destroyed by this special power, remove all Order Markers from that Unique Hero's Army Card and take permanent control of that Unique Hero.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING
You got an extra you may in the first power. Not fully sure how I feel on him.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy