Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 1st, 2010, 06:15 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Tul-Bak-Ra

Ahh I see, I wonder how well that would work on marker number 2, ha.

Dustin
Old February 1st, 2010, 07:22 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think he'd make a great glyph grabber! Just make sure the glyph has same-level hexes around it, though, because your not allowed to teleport units onto higher/lower levels...at least I think that was the ruling...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old February 1st, 2010, 07:32 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
I think he'd make a great glyph grabber! Just make sure the glyph has same-level hexes around it, though, because your not allowed to teleport units onto higher/lower levels...at least I think that was the ruling...

Brandon
Really? That doesn't seem right. The card says "adjacent." Any space within the height range of both figures seems like it would be fair game. If there was really ever a ruling to the contrary, I'd like to know that, but that seems very strange.
Old February 1st, 2010, 08:25 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:

Brandon
Really? That doesn't seem right. The card says "adjacent." Any space within the height range of both figures seems like it would be fair game. If there was really ever a ruling to the contrary, I'd like to know that, but that seems very strange.
Adjacent means any space where the squad member would be adjacent to TBR. However, the card also says empty space, so you can't put a squaddie on a glyph. (I don't know if that's what you meant.)
Old February 1st, 2010, 10:03 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Brandon
That isn't how the card reads. It just says that the teleported figures need to be adjacent and on empty spaces. Maybe I missed an errata or something.

Old February 1st, 2010, 10:10 PM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Quote:

Brandon
That isn't how the card reads. It just says that the teleported figures need to be adjacent and on empty spaces. Maybe I missed an errata or something.
Right. Frylock, this is what I was saying. Nothing about the glyph, just that I'm pretty sure any space which would normally be considered adjacent, meaning not above or below the height-level of either figure, is fair game for teleporting reinforcements.
Old February 1st, 2010, 11:25 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You guys are thinking about the Dividers, not TBR. The dividers, when they divide, have to divide to same-level spaces. TBR doesn't have that limitation when he teleports reinforcements.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh, yeah! That's what I was thinking...oops... please disregard my silliness....

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old February 2nd, 2010, 04:11 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronaut Jones View Post
Ok so tonight I shotgun blasted 3 marro warriors and Tul-Bak-Ra with the old James Murphy. A Marro warrior was in the center surrounded by the other 2 and Tul-Bak-Ra. Tul-Bak-Ra took two damage and my friend controlling them wanted to know if it was possible to teleport the two collateral warriors out of harms way. We ruled that he couldn't ...
Has this been officially addressed? I haven't seen a clear response in this book nor by using the search function. Like others, my intuition tells me that any teleported figures that were originally affected by the attack are still affected even if they are no longer adjacent to the target.

Here is a similar question. What if TBR is the target of a shotgun or explosion special attack, and TBR teleports units adjacent to himself? Are the teleported figures affected by the attack? My guess is that they are not.

Old February 2nd, 2010, 04:40 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

I think it's the same logic as teleporting them into the affected area.

If TBR is blasted and wants to teleport X Marro in, the new Marro are not affected. Essentially, those affected before any dice are rolled will be affected after dice are rolled; also, I'm pretty sure it's been ruled that even though defensive dice are rolled separately that all figures affected are hit simultaneously.

Same thing stands for Raelin vs AoE attacks. If she dies all the affected figures still retain their defense dice until the AoE attack ends... All figures are hit at once.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the author of this Book (me) in the Book itself ;)

- TELEPORT REINFORCEMENTS: & Area-Attacks:

Q. If Tul-Bak-Ra receives one or more wounds from an area-attack (Such as Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan's SHOTGUN BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK), and takes advantage of TELEPORT REINFORCEMENTS, are the teleported figures also then affected by the area-attack?
A. No. The
teleported figure would not be affected by the attack.

This is, as Green Lanturn points out, not different from Teleporting figures out of the blast-radius. The figures would still be affected, since targetting is decided prior to the actual die-rolling or anything that comes after.

EDIT: But I reworded the clarification to make this clear.

Last edited by spiteofthedice; February 2nd, 2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old February 10th, 2010, 08:47 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

This came up during a game earlier. Does a figure get the extra defense die for standing on the shadow tile if TBR is using Mind Blast Special Attack?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units