Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old December 24th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) Discussion Thread

I for one will always vote against a map with uncapped pillars. I know it sounds harsh, but it is necessary for the same reason that I would not allow a map with unfilled holes in it.

For Under the El: I am with Pete on this one. I will say no for the time being with the intent to re-evaluate the map later, pending some modifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe5joe7 View Post
I would like to move any discusion on my wayne manor map to be moved to my map thread, in my siggy.
We are awaiting start zones for this map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post
Alright, since I didn't officially nominate it yet, I'll nominate my 4th version instead.

I nominate Devastated Building V4 to the BoM.

Build Instructions: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=1117
Note: Please just call it Devastated Building. I just put V4 so you know which one it is.
Not sure if the judges saw this.

Current Status:
Updated: 12/24/08
BoM seal bieng reviewed
BoM seal by Vydar is the man
YES:5 (peteparkerh, The Silver Surfer, Spidysox, ET86, stumpy_man); NO:0 (); Pending:1( Ugly-Caco)

Maps Currently being reviewed:

Under the "EL" by Jodokast

YES = 1 (Ugly-Caco); NO = 2 (Peteparkerh,
ET86);Pending = 3 (Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Stumpy_man)

Maps pending acceptance for review:
Devastated Building by Sup3rS0n1c
YES = 0 (); NO = 0 ();Pending = 6 (Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Stumpy_man, Ugly-Caco, Peteparkerh, ET86)

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Last edited by EternalThanos86; December 24th, 2008 at 02:55 PM.
Old December 24th, 2008, 02:46 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sorry for not noticing the pillars were uncapped, the way VS makes it look looks like there is a cap there. They shouldn't have made it a flat top.
Old December 24th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Sorry for not noticing the pillars were uncapped, the way VS makes it look looks like there is a cap there. They shouldn't have made it a flat top.
They is one guy, Zzzz, making the application free, receiving no pay or any other recompense. I think he should be commended.
Old December 24th, 2008, 03:00 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
They is one guy, Zzzz, making the application free, receiving no pay or any other recompense. I think he should be commended.
And I agree totally on his awesomeness. I mean no disrespect to Zzzz, and I must say that besides Housemouse and rotv, Virtual scape is the greatest thing to hapen to scape.

I'm just trying to make excuses for a stupid mistake which was totally caused by my lack of attention.
Old December 24th, 2008, 03:46 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It's fine you didn't know so don't feel bad.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old December 24th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quick repost.

We are awaiting the final build of Wayne Manor.

Current Status:
Updated: 12/24/08
BoM seal bieng reviewed
BoM seal by Vydar is the man
YES:5 (peteparkerh, The Silver Surfer, Spidysox, ET86, stumpy_man); NO:0 (); Pending:1( Ugly-Caco)

Maps Currently being reviewed:

Under the "EL" by Jodokast

YES = 1 (Ugly-Caco); NO = 2 (Peteparkerh,
ET86);Pending = 3 (Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Stumpy_man)

Maps pending acceptance for review:
Devastated Building by Sup3rS0n1c
YES = 0 (); NO = 0 ();Pending = 6 (Spidysox, Silver Surfer, Stumpy_man, Ugly-Caco, Peteparkerh, ET86)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 24th, 2008, 04:11 PM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

I sent the VS file to peterparkerh and he said he'll have it up over the weekend...out of my hands now...

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old December 24th, 2008, 04:55 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart

I'm gonna have to vote NO to devastated building. Even though fixing it up so it doesn't have as much empty space I still don't think it is good enough. Let me explain. The problem with this map is the single piece of height in the middle of the battlefield. I think you tried to offset this by adding some more height around the sides but it doesn't work because the only other height on the map is removed from the action and off to the side. This is how every single battle on this map will play out. Each side will dash right up to the top of the building in the center because it is the most strategic spot on the map. A few guys might go underneath but that isn't that big of a deal because there are spots to shoot underneath the building from height. What I'm saying is that this map will just result for a dash toward the center of the map and a fight that is constricted to the top of the building. Its just not a very efficient use of terrain.
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:28 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Judges, I believe that we should review Hurricane Lobby. Although the uncapped towers technically do go against the rules, it is a great map, and using the start zone changes I made (see below), It could be one of the best maps we accept into BoM. Also, the uncapped towers give a ruined look to it, and in my opinion, the map fits everything that we are looking for in a BoM map. It really would be a shame to let a great map like this to be instantly excused due to a mere technicallity. This is my opinion, but, as long as it is heard out and considered, if the rest of the judges say no to it, then I will be satisfied.

Hurricane Lobby Start Zone Changes:

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 25th, 2008, 01:44 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
Judges, I believe that we should review Hurricane Lobby. Although the uncapped towers technically do go against the rules, it is a great map, and using the start zone changes I made (see below), It could be one of the best maps we accept into BoM. Also, the uncapped towers give a ruined look to it, and in my opinion, the map fits everything that we are looking for in a BoM map. It really would be a shame to let a great map like this to be instantly excused due to a mere technicallity. This is my opinion, but, as long as it is heard out and considered, if the rest of the judges say no to it, then I will be satisfied.

Hurricane Lobby Start Zone Changes:
I think that the BoM maps should conform with all of the map building restrictions set forth in the various rulebooks. As Cav suggests above, it will only hurt the legitimacy of the BoM project to disregard some of the most primary rules of Hero/Marvel Scape. Conforming with the rules of map construction will also help to preserve the ideal of high quality maps that the project's judges are striving for.

It appears to me that this map requires 1 RotV, 1 FotA and one Marvel set. (I can't be certain, because it was nominated without the required PDF building instructions) It should be an easy fix to add a Road to the Forgotten Forest set to the build, replace all the wall walk spaces on the ground with road spaces, and then add the wall walks to the tops of the pillars. That should make it compliant with both the standard rules of map construction as well as the those of the BoM project.

Finally, I am not so sure I like the idea of BoM judges fiddling with the map makers creations. Arbitrarily changing start zones and stuff just rubs me the wrong way. It would be better for the project to not review or decline acceptance of maps with issues and give the creator a chance to amend them by themselves. As an example, I would give my suggestions above to the map's creator and see what he comes up with rather than arbitrarily altering his map. Use the maps discussion thread instead of this one to debate the merits/problems of the individual maps. Basically, maps should be reviewed as they are submitted, not how we wish them to be.

Just my .

Last edited by tom; December 25th, 2008 at 01:55 AM.
Old December 26th, 2008, 12:31 AM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Ok, just one quick question, then: In this map, the pillars are not meant to be used, so what is the point of capping them if a rule is added that they can't be used? The rulebook says they have to be capped under the assumption that they will be stood on, but since that's not the case why does it matter? Judges?

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 26th, 2008, 01:46 AM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Actually - and maybe this is missing the point - I would personally prefer capped pillars for a Marvel game. It would create lots of interesting landing spots for fliers / web-slingers / leapers etc.

As for altering the rules, I agree w/ Tom - opening the door to house rules is asking for trouble, even if the house rule simply allows something that a lot of folks don't realize is against the rules. And the fix it seems is pretty simple, as he said - add a RttFF set and problem solved.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios