Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 29th, 2013, 01:20 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Wow.
uh, yeah.

Last edited by dok; September 29th, 2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Is that a good wow or a concerned wow?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:10 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Is that a good wow or a concerned wow?
All of the above?

A 30% chance to prevent another hero from attacking anything at all for the rest of the round? And it can't be bypassed by Special Attacks? An explosion attack that can mass-remove OMs?

dok may have some mind-bending combo in mind that I'm not aware of, but just by himself Blue Beetle looks very good; sometime impossible to beat if you don't have some bonding flexibility and/or an auto-wounder. Very, very good in cleanup.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 29th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The key is to not let him stick around until clean up - or if he decides not to drop until very late, make him pay for it by taking out all the rest of his team and possibly preventing him from dropping at all.

Or, of course, you could always ignore him until end game, and hope that what you have left is more than enough to hang on versus his 4 attack and 4 defense, even losing a few turns.

IF his D20s are hot, he can be very good, but if they're not, it's a very different game.

I found him very fun, but not gamebreaking or anything.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 29th, 2013, 10:00 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The key is to not let him stick around until clean up
Unless of course he hits his d20 roll while you are trying to kill him and watches while you have limited ability to attack
Quote:
or if he decides not to drop until very late, make him pay for it by taking out all the rest of his team and possibly preventing him from dropping at all.
making sure you stay spaced out will be key.
Quote:
Or, of course, you could always ignore him until end game, and hope that what you have left is more than enough to hang on versus his 4 attack and 4 defense, even losing a few turns.
The "and hope" makes me nervous for a 160 point figure

I am interested to see how he turns out in SLH though. With his 4 life and 4 defense he can go down very easily. He just has to miss his rolls.

Last edited by weebaer; September 29th, 2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebaer View Post
I am interested to see how he turns out in SLH though. With his 4 life and 4 defense he can go down very easily. He just has to miss his rolls.
Yeah, I found that out in a test I ran earlier. He dropped and did a fair amount of damage on his attack, but then missed both his Strobe rolls and went down in two hits. My first reaction was similar to dok's and caps', and I still feel like he has a lot of potential for a 160 point figure, but if his D20 rolls are bad, he'll go down in a hurry.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:25 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

He's awesome for his points, yes. So awesome he's game breaking, no. Nothing on the card is too ridiculous, he's just going to make it in a ton of crime fighter armies!
Old September 29th, 2013, 10:35 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you don't wait to attack him until endgame, spacing out your OMs can really, really limit the effect of the Strobe.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 29th, 2013, 10:44 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'd guess he's worth 250 or more. Nothing in the playtests makes me think otherwise. He won most of his 1v1s despite (I assume) not having access to the incredible Bug Drop power. In the other games, he was buried in relative large armies, were a figure like him isn't going to win all of his games by himself. Despite that this teams won a large majority.

Obviously he has synergy with the Crime Fighters, but really, you can drop him in any build. Bug Drop lets you basically pick when to bring him in when his attack can be most devastating. No OMs are required to get him in position, and he can swap out OMs with any frontline figure, so he has synergy with any army that puts OMs near the front.

What this guy buys you is not raw beat power (unless you're playing against an army that depends on adjacency bonuses or has a packed startzone). You're buying improved efficiency for your army and reduced efficiency for your opponent.

Last edited by dok; September 29th, 2013 at 10:59 PM. Reason: unless the 250 point figure we're comparing him to is Commander Rogers, in which case 160 is fine. ;)
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:03 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
The key is to not let him stick around until clean up - or if he decides not to drop until very late, make him pay for it by taking out all the rest of his team and possibly preventing him from dropping at all.
Both of these things are impossible to do.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

From what I read of the tests, he had some pretty lucky d20's going for his Special attack to remove an OM. Rolling a 16+ that many times with limited opportunities shouldn't be considered the norm. Sure it happens, but over the long run, he's not going to be removing OM's that easy. I know I've been trying it for years with Iceman, and it certainly doesn't happen often.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 30th, 2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Quote:
Both of these things are impossible to do.
Huh? I did put an "or" in that clause - I'm not implying you do them both, but that you do one or the other, depending on how your opponent uses him. If you kill off all of his teammates because your opponent decided to hold off on him until end game, and your opponent ends up not having any figures on the battlefield before Blue Beetle has dropped, you win the game, and BB's out of luck.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library