Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:31 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Eltahale Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Actually, she's very similar to Niflheim.

Thunder Step subs for flying, although it can only be used when near an opponent.

Thunder Ram Assault subs for Ice shard, although it has a lot less range potential.

Also there's no Greenscale bonding.

But other than that, we have a small-scale Niflheim that sacrifices some bells and whistles for a very reasonable cost.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Did they make this card before or after they saw my GenCon championship army?

Seriously, she's practically a counterdraft.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:36 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

She has very cool stats, and a multi-attack ability that helps to offset her lack of bonding. Still, I was hoping for some sort of synergy with guard units (similar to Warden 816, the only other member of the Warden [although not D&D Warden] class). Perhaps we will get another unit in the wave that has some sort of synergy with members of the Warden class?
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:36 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Her skin is covered in tattoos, cuts, scrapes, blood, and bruises. Her hair is a tangled mess of dreadlocks. She is a warrior through and through. Her place is on the front lines. She is big too. The goliath race are taller than humans and she is no different.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
But other than that, we have a small-scale Niflheim that sacrifices some bells and whistles for a very reasonable cost.
Plus she can throw 7 attack dice from adjacent height with Thunder Step. I *really* like this addition to the HeroScape family. Compared to Nilfheim and Kaemon Awa, both with similar special attacks, she is priced perfectly in between.

edit: Can't repeat enough, I am *extremely* excited about this sculpt. Looks like it could be as good a sculpt/paint as there is in the game.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:39 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
She has very cool stats, and a multi-attack ability that helps to offset her lack of bonding. Still, I was hoping for some sort of synergy with guard units (similar to Warden 816, the only other member of the Warden [although not D&D Warden] class). Perhaps we will get another unit in the wave that has some sort of synergy with members of the Warden class?
Synergy??? Is that all you guys think about? I have said it countless times. We are not going to slap bonding on every squad or hero released no matter how much you guys go on about it.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:44 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Synergy??? Is that all you guys think about? I have said it countless times. We are not going to slap bonding on every squad or hero released no matter how much you guys go on about it.
Well, it worked with the Death Knights, helping to bring back some underused, classic-era units that usually just sit in a figure bin. Of course, not being fluent with D&D since the red box, I now realize that this Warden class is inherently different from the 816 version.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:45 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thunder Ram Assault is neat because it is marginally useless against melee units, but good against ranged units.

It only works if she doesn't begin engaged. A melee unit wants to engage her anyway, but a ranged unit might not want to give up height to deny a Thunder Ram.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:47 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Thunder Ram Assault is neat because it is marginally useless against melee units, but good against ranged units.

It only works if she doesn't begin engaged. A melee unit wants to engage her anyway, but a ranged unit might not want to give up height to deny a Thunder Ram.
Yeah, Use charging into melee squads and potentially killing 3 in one attack. That's "marginally" useless alright.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:49 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

With a combination of great power and a version of Fey Step, she's now the Big Barda of Official Scape (Strength with a Boom Tube). I'm thinking she can take out Support Pieces who always hide in the back. She can Fry Your Bacon!
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:

Yeah, Use charging into melee squads and potentially killing 3 in one attack. That's "marginally" useless alright.
She just has to be unengaged to the target prior to moving, not unengaged period. That means she can just disengage and attack something else and probably still hit the figure she was originally engaged with. Sure, she might take a passing swipe wound, but she has 6 Life.

I love this figure. She fills the 140 Point Special Attacker roll perfectly. Now we just need someone not named Deathwalker 8000 to fill the 130 Point role....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

80 Raelin
140 Eltahale
300 10thx4
520, 18 hexes

Boom.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units