Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 21st, 2018, 07:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

With their personality being Ruthless already, Ruthless Counter Strike is a good call. Makes their role as a defensive support figure all that much more effective too as a 2 life figure. They could take 1W and still dish out a W or 2 in return.

One of the reasons I favor a hero approach here is due to mini availability. If you can only find 1 of them, then you can still use the design. Asking everyone to track down 3 of them puts a big demand on a limited supply. I kind of like the idea of your other general mercs as a squad though as guys with guns are plentiful. Then the faction has different options on ways they can expand a merc themed army. Add in a Yukuza Enforcer that can move only bond with any of the merc heroes, add in the squad of generic mercs in a different support/combat role, or use both at the same time.
Old March 21st, 2018, 07:14 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Personally, I'd rather try to find more figures than drop the Unique Squad idea - as I said, it makes them really distinct, gives C3G more of a unit type it's lacking and makes them feel more like a classic Samurai squad. I think that would be a really cool homage to the game's Classic roots.
Plus, while it means everyone needs three, it also means no one will need more than 3. Most people are going to want multiple copies of a cheap Uncommon Hero anyway - I don't think it'll make that much odds when it comes to availability. We could probably paint up/mod some Izumi to have guns or something for an alt card.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 22nd, 2018, 08:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If you could find another pre-painted mini sculpt that fit the theme well I might get talked into a squad approach, but with the 1 single mini option I still envision them best as 1 or 2 per army tops. Also realized that the Lex Corp Security already have the class of Enforcer, so it would make sense if the Yakuza Enforcers also had the class of Enforcer. I don't believe their is any Enforcer synergy right now but should some be created it would be weird if the Enforcers didn't get it. LO's comment on the Yakuza class already in play made me realize the move bonding should also apply to them and not only Mercs.

I then started thinking again about the theme of the first power. The Mac-10 is a very high rate of fire weapon that often burns through it's entire 30 round clip in one go. So what if each Enforcer could only use the Warmachine power once per game, then he is out of ammo and relies on his sword. A once per game use could also mean it was a little more effective since their is no concern of multiple auto-wounds getting inflicted, as such I think the hail of bullets should end the moving figures movement for that round as the sudden burst of ammo forces them to dodge, take cover, or results in a hit that slows down their advance. So this is what I'm thinking about now for the design.

NAME = YAKUZA ENFORCER
SECRET IDENTITY = NONE
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = ENFORCER
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 2
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ?

MAC-10 FIRE SUPPRESSION
Once per game, when a figure that was not within 4 clear sight spaces of this Yakuza Enforcer prior to moving moves within 4 clear sight spaces of this Yakuza Enforcer and is on a space where they could end their move, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. That figure must end their move and if you roll a 9 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound.

ENFORCERS FOR HIRE
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Mercenary or Yakuza you control and taking a turn with that figure, you may move a Yakuza Enforcer you control up to 5 spaces.

RUTHLESS COUNTER STRIKE

When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if U.S. Agent is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

I'm considering adding a marker to make it easier to keep track of the mac-10 useage but here is the general idea. They move up in support of a Yakuza boss or Mercenary they have hired themselves out to. When an opponent moves in a threatening manner towards them they can elect spray that opponent with a hail of bullets, forcing them to stop in their tracks. This keeps a strong melee figure at bay for 1 round. Then on the following round they can use the free move to engage with that figure where either they soon get killed, or they dish out a counter strike wound or two before getting killed. This further delays the target from engaging in your more important figures and softens them up some. Longer ranged figures can avoid the d20 power, but then they at least can still use their free move and counter strike to engage those ranged attackers and force them to attack them instead of your other figures. The two life not only allows them to survive a Magneto throw or similar auto-wounding power, but when they are attacked by an adj. normal attack, if you only deal 1W to them they survive long enough to dish out some auto-wounds on defense.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 08:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Pretty cool YK.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 01:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Aren't Yakuza pretty plentiful in the comics? I'd just go common squad and expect people to do what they usually do with rare minis: proxy.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 30th, 2018, 06:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Alright, so I have a little Easter Weekend design project for the public to consider while off doing those Easter things you like to do. Then come back on Monday and post up your thoughts. Here is the challenge, what would you do to complete the Excalibur team?

Thanks to some hard work by our sidekick @dok , Capt. Britain and Meggan are set. @Gutudak has given us a Shadowcat II (170 points) with a little more punch in her step and she's got Lockheed ready to go with her. Then, anyone keeping tabs on the play testing thread will know that their is a new Nightcrawler II on it's way, and I gotta say I like him much better than the 140 point one. Can't say much about what his card does but I will reveal he comes in at 210 points and will fit into the team. That leaves us with just a need for
Rachel Summers Phoenix Rachel Summers Phoenix
card. So that is what this is all about.

Capt. Britain 285
Meggan 205
Shadowcat II 170
Lockheed 60
Nightcrawler II 210
Rachel Summers Phoenix 270?.......1200 points

Can we come up with a solid direction for a 270 point Rachel Summers Phoenix card that plays well with the other members of Excalibur? Is 270 too high a goal with Jean Grey Phoenix only being 230? What kind of things can/should she be able to do? How can she fit into the team dynamic in an interesting way? No rush here, you have all weekend long to think about these questions as you drive to and from your Easter events. Have a good weekend, I look forward to seeing what people come up with by Monday!
Old April 5th, 2018, 01:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Alright so I also kind of forgot about this Rachel Summers design workshop idea that I threw out at the last minute, but now I'm back to it to see what ideas anyone may have. So first lets try and answer the cost question. Her wiki page states this:

Rachel's power level and scope of abilities have been inconsistently described by writers over the years. However, she is usually depicted with "virtually unlimited" potential in her dual psionic talents.[72] In most cases, she displayed greater feats as the Phoenix[73] and even matched Gladiator's strength with the aid of a "Phoenix echo".[65] Rachel is considered by many to be an Omega-level mutant (like her mother), but the only literary reference to this attribute is when the future Sentinel, Nimrod, classified Rachel as an "Omega class subject" several years before the term was established in Marvel canon.

As such I think we can aim for 270 here without it being a theme issue. While I want her card to be able to complete the Excalibur team, since she is likely only to ever get the one card at this point so the card can pull from her full story line as needed. She really just needs to be a Telepath and come in at 270 points to fill out the Excalibur team build. Her other powers just need to not work against her teammates power sets.

Now for a couple of power ideas:

It mentions that she can manipulate time, so I was thinking about a small scale power that could be useful and related:

RESET TIME
Once per game, immedietly after rolling for initiative, you may choose one player and have that player roll for initiative again.

So if you and your opponent both roll high on the d20, but you still lose initiative, you can have your opponent roll again and hopefully not roll as well. Same goes for if you both roll low and you lost, you can roll your own die again and hopefully roll higher the second time. Will help her team go first (or not go first) as needed, but can still result in not getting the result you want.

Then for one of her stronger powers, looking at her Telepathy gives us lots of options.

Marvel Girl's "virtually unlimited" telepathy allows her to receive, broadcast, and manipulate cognitive processes (such as thoughts) in an intricate manner. Examples of Rachel’s aptitudes for this include creating durable mind-links across distances, projecting blasts of psionic energy that disrupt aspects of brain functioning, shielding her mind from other telepaths, creating illusions, and rendering someone invisible to the five senses. In addition, Rachel has demonstrated the ability to telepathically suppress superpowers; control, repair, and exchange minds (even cross-temporally: see Chronoskimming); as well as safely editing memories. Rachel has also harnessed her telepathy to sense, locate, and track other sentient beings based on their thought patterns, but has a moral apprehension about using this skill due to her experiences as a Hound.

It has been suggested that Rachel's telepathy, although immeasurable in raw power, is mitigated by her limited training and finesse.
Emma Frost Emma Frost
was able to outflank an incredulous Rachel in a contest on the
astral plane astral plane
. In the same issue, Emma offered her educative services; and later still, Rachel received training from
Professor Charles Xavier Professor Charles Xavier
(while he was depowered), giving her access to his vast knowledge and expertise in telepathy.

Was thinking about combining the two parts highlighted in red to have her negate or counter other figures powers and abilities. It does say that, "Even with the omnipotent strength of the Phoenix, magic and magical objects are able to resist Rachel's powers," though so maybe with a MD and Mental Shield carve out along with a limit on other Telepaths due to her 'limited training and finesse.'

TELEPATHIC SUPPRESSION

After placing Order Markers but before rolling for initiative each round, you may chose one Unique Hero Army Card in play that does not have the Magical Defense or Mental Shield special power. Choose one special power on that card, that figure may not use the chosen power for the rest of the round. Telepaths may only be chosen for this power once per game.

So she only takes away Prof. X's double turn power (for a round), once per game, can't stop MD figures from using magic, and can't stop Magneto from doing what he does, but everyone else is fair game. She can manipulate a SA shooter into not using his/her gun, or suppress a superpower form being used. Mostly something you would use on your opponents figures, but could also be used to mitigate a negative power on an allies card. Since it is only one power on the card, she doesn't make a figure completely useless but can make a figure much less effective for the round.
Old April 5th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Love Reset Time.
Telepathic Suppression feels really scary. I would consider some sort of restriction, like OMs on her card or an X reveal if it plays out too strong.
Those are really nice static powers.

Looking at the Yakuza again I would prefer Common if possible. I would have liked to make the Brits Common but I had a hard time putting them at 1 Life being Judges.
Old April 5th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Love Reset Time.
Telepathic Suppression feels really scary. I would consider some sort of restriction, like OMs on her card or an X reveal if it plays out too strong.
Those are really nice static powers.

Looking at the Yakuza again I would prefer Common if possible. I would have liked to make the Brits Common but I had a hard time putting them at 1 Life being Judges.
I still really think making them a Unique Squad would work best here. It's different, it's fitting, and it makes them a nice homage to the Classic Samurai squads of yore, which I think would make them a really cool unit. Plus, it makes them a more viable offensive threat themselves, which I think they should be rather than just a support fire unit - I want these guys to be able to rush in with those nasty looking katanas!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 5th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

She just shuts down most leadership figures freely? Not really into that.

Phoenix Fire is a must for her, right? Pretty sure she has history with Korvus.
Old April 5th, 2018, 04:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
She just shuts down most leadership figures freely? Not really into that.

Phoenix Fire is a must for her, right? Pretty sure she has history with Korvus.
Maybe a once per game limitation to keep her from totally dominating another figure?

TELEPATHIC SUPPRESSION
Once per game, after placing Order Markers but before rolling for initiative, you may chose one Unique Hero Army Card in play that does not have the Magical Defense or Mental Shield special power. Choose one special power on that card, that figure may not use the chosen power for the rest of the round.

Requires a little more strategic decision if it is just one power, on one card, once and that is it for the game. Still can be a pretty significant move though if used at the right time on the right power.

As for Phoenix Fire, I'm not sure how to best handle that. It says that, "Rachel's connection to the Phoenix power was lost in the distant future and did not return with her when she traveled back to the early 21st century (present) of Earth-616 (Marvel's mainstream universe)."

She does acquire an 'echo' of the Phoenix Force for a brief period of time (while running with the Star Jammers) but then loses it again.

Most recently, Marvel Girl absorbed a residual echo of the Phoenix Force left in the sword of a previous host, a Shi'ar named Rook'shir. It was revealed that this energy source was a less powerful (but easier to wield) form of the Phoenix Force. The echo was powerful enough to allow Rachel to survive in and fly through the vacuum of space without the need for additional protection, as well as being able to hold her own in combat against the tremendous physical power of Gladiator. These demonstrations were short lived, however, due to its disappearance, which Rachel attributes to Jean Grey. She now exhibits her standard power levels.

Old April 5th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think Korvus has Phoenix Fire synergy explicitly to set up the pairing with Rachel. I know TB's write up of Rachel had it. Here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy