Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 19th, 2011, 12:54 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Tournament-Worthy Asymmetric Map Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
NHSD bump: I'd like to get Rising Pressure 5.0 to Utah's event. Are there any others (maps or events) to add a dash of asymmetricity? Also, does the TWAMP-lite thread have maps unlisted here?
I just built Dignan's A Chill in the Air for our tourney this weekend. It looks like it might fit your bill.

~Z

P.S. I'm really hoping I don't get this map for any of my bouts 'cause it looks like I would have to make hard decisions for every one of my turns (given the particular army I'm bringing).

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old August 19th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
NHSD bump: I'd like to get Horseshoe Hill, Rising Pressure 5.0 to Utah's event. Are there any others (maps or events) to add a dash of asymmetricity? Also, does the TWAMP-lite thread have maps unlisted here?
TWAMP-lite is all maps that don't appear here.

The TWAMP is defined by maps with major strategic asymetry, whereas the TWAMP-lite is a collection of maps that are slightly asymetrical, but each side has roughly equal, or balanced, access to height, glyphs, road, etc.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Last edited by Killometer; August 19th, 2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: For the record, I'm a pretty big fan of both the maps you're considering so far, UtahScott. ;)
Old August 30th, 2011, 06:10 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Another Rising Pressure related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I've made some updates to Rising Pressure (now version 5.1) after a little discussion with UtahScott.

new version:

old version:

Freeing up the pieces nessecary to move the 2-hex ruin required a bit of creative shuffling, thanks to the lower-level void spaces, so I decided that since I was overhauling a lot anyways, I might as well address the mobility issue. I did this by moving the road that used to run along the edge of the map 1 space inland. This nessecitated maving the 3-hex ruin, deproving (is that a word?) uphill-downhill cover, so I slid the 12 tree over just a bit more. The upside of moving the 3-hex ruin over is that is improves cover for the downhill side against red units sitting on Gerda. Attacks from downhill are hampered slightly, but it is now easier to come at it from the left and right sides.

Old September 22nd, 2011, 05:05 PM

I've been weighing whether my most recent map is more appropriate here or the TWAMP-lite, and I think I've settled on here. It is most similiar to dok's Speed Bump and Warlod Alpha's WA-ASYM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
That's right, another pun.

Return to Cinder
requires 1 BftU, 1 RttFF, 1 VW, supports 2 random power glyphs and 1 random treasure glyph

Start Zone views
Spoiler Alert!

This map is very generally inspired by GameBear's Coastal Cavern-I liked its light asymetry of height vs. cover, so I decided to try designing a map with similiarly structured, but slightly more pronounced asymetry, using similiar sets.

I'm not really sure if it belongs in the TWAMP, or the TWAMP-lite; it splits the line between them very finely. Rock is nearer to height, but it has more easily congested routes out of its start zone, while sand is further from height, but it has more open and protected routes out of its start zone. The glyphs are spaced pretty evenly.

The included trap for the TG, Return to Sender (designed after the map was named), is worded a little convolutedly, but basically the triggering figure is moved back to its start zone, taking no more than one leaving engagement strike.

Last edited by Killometer; September 22nd, 2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old February 25th, 2013, 05:47 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Hey, Ollie, I don't know if you'd count the small, 6-8 player private tournaments I sometime host for my friends as a proper test, but I once used Bengi's Normandy Beach as a map. I enjoyed playing on it very much, despite the fact that I lost, game play was very intriguing compared to the usual symmetrical tournament maps.

It has actually been a year since the tournament, but I do remember building the map very clearly. I played the following army:

Kato Katsuro 200
Tagawa Samurai 320
Ashigaru Harquebus x2 440
Ashigaru Yari x2 520

I played against my friend's army, which was actually quite thematic, since he had the Airborne Elite (which slaughtered my soldiers with grenades, thus the reason I lost), and he had the starting zone at the beach.

Marcus 100
Roman Legos x2 200
Redcoats x2 350
Me-Burq-Sa 400
Airborne Elite 510

I don't have much for a battle report, but I do remember quite the bloodbath on the beach between melee units struggling for glyphs, as well as my musketeers establishing excellent footholds on the high ground and raining bullets on the Romans and Redcoats with much success, until the party was crashed by a late game AE drop.

I haven't organized any tournaments recently due to scheduling, but I do hope to use Normandy Beach again.
Old June 26th, 2013, 11:49 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've got Normandy Beach built and I've played a ton of games on it.

One concern:

The Beach is a bit rough on hero-based armies, maybe a unique attack glyph could repalce Dagmar or Lodin?

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios