Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 26th, 2017, 01:45 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Spellbook of Healing Energy - Danger Room Playtest

@Yodaking , If I'm reading you correctly, you don't necessarily feel its worth its point right now. Is that correct? Maybe it should have a chance to heal 2 wounds? Would that help? What are your thoughts on this, @Lazy Orang ?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old October 26th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
@Yodaking , If I'm reading you correctly, you don't necessarily feel its worth its point right now. Is that correct? Maybe it should have a chance to heal 2 wounds? Would that help? What are your thoughts on this, @Lazy Orang ?
I feel like something like that would probably up its power level to a range I don't want to go - this is meant to be a basic, low level healing spell, not anything major. I think, dropped a tad to 20, it would definitely have its uses, especially if you're able to take a turn with someone other than just the caster (Mutants with Selene and Wanda, Ms. Marvel with anyone, Titans with Raven and Tempest, even Odin with Karnilla or Enchantess, etc.) - it's not a super-powerful spell, but it's a nice utility one. If we wanted a more expensive, higher-level 'Major Healing' spell down the line (something I, being someone who has played a CRPG and who is interested in playing more, would definitely support) which heals two wounds and is possibly Unique, that would be cool, but this is meant to be a bog standard 'Minor Healing' (again, to use RPG-esque terminology), and I don't really want it to be that power-level.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 26th, 2017, 03:16 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The issue is that in some instances 5 points could make it not worth using and in some cases 50 may be worth it. At two wounds healed it would always be worth something since even if you lose your attack to use it and get hit by your opponent again on the next OM you still come out ahead.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 26th, 2017, 03:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm fine with it as is at 20 points. Everyone has a different play style and so I'm sure others will find it more desirable than I do. I tend to be a rather aggressive player who prefers to go on offense as often as possible, hoping to roll that all skull attack and watch my opponent whiff on defense. So for me, giving up your attack is a high price to pay and my figures are usually deep in the fight when the need for healing comes up. Other players are more cautious and defensive (ie. pod play) in nature. For those players giving up an attack to heal won't be as big of a deal.
Old October 26th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
The issue is that in some instances 5 points could make it not worth using and in some cases 50 may be worth it. At two wounds healed it would always be worth something since even if you lose your attack to use it and get hit by your opponent again on the next OM you still come out ahead.
Assuming the opponent is only inflicting one wound per successful attack - which actually is the case with MD figures most of the time, but that's another reason not to go that route, as I don't want to encourage just casting it on yourself all the time. I want that to be an option, not the default. If we ever went for Major Healing, I'd be tempted to drop self-heal.
In my experience playing this spell, it has never felt even close to being worth 50 points. Even if you aren't hit right back, your still losing out, however slightly, on activations and momentum. This isn't a Mesmerise scenario where casting it's a free action, and that needs to be considered. 20 feels about right to me, in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm fine with it as is at 20 points. Everyone has a different play style and so I'm sure others will find it more desirable than I do. I tend to be a rather aggressive player who prefers to go on offense as often as possible, hoping to roll that all skull attack and watch my opponent whiff on defense. So for me, giving up your attack is a high price to pay and my figures are usually deep in the fight when the need for healing comes up. Other players are more cautious and defensive (ie. pod play) in nature. For those players giving up an attack to heal won't be as big of a deal.
I'm not a pod player, but I still found it somewhat useful. Basically, I'd generally use it in a build where I'm getting multiple turns per OM (like a Mutant, Ms. Marvel or Titan build) and cast it on my main aggressor to keep them going longer. I can definitely see giving up Wanda's attack to heal Magneto when he's wrecking house.

Honestly, I'm happy with it as-is at 20 - the removal of the OM restriction really helped my issues with it, and I like it as a nice little utility spell that won't really blow your mind. I'll be proposing a vote for FE in the morning.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 26th, 2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old October 26th, 2017, 04:04 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Assuming the opponent is only inflicting one wound per successful attack - which actually is the case with MD figures most of the time, but that's another reason not to go that route, as I don't want to encourage just casting it on yourself all the time. I want that to be an option, not the default. If we ever went for Major Healing, I'd be tempted to drop self-heal.
In my experience playing this spell, it has never felt even close to being worth 50 points. Even if you aren't hit right back, your still losing out, however slightly, on activations and momentum. This isn't a Mesmerise scenario where casting it's a free action, and that needs to be considered. 20 feels about right to me, in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm not a pod player, but I still found it somewhat useful. Basically, I'd generally use it in a build where I'm getting multiple turns per OM (like a Mutant, Ms. Marvel or Titan build) and cast it on my main aggressor to keep them going longer. I can definitely see giving up Wanda's attack to heal Magneto when he's wrecking house.

Honestly, I'm happy with it as-is at 20 - the removal of the OM restriction really helped my issues with it, and I like it as a nice little utility spell that won't really blow your mind. I'll be proposing a vote for FE in the morning.
If it works for you then I'm fine with it as well. Doesn't have to be drafted by everyone. Pre-Yea for me.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 27th, 2017, 09:16 AM
Hard as ice

Re: The Spellbook of Healing Energy - Vote for Final Editing

I propose moving to Final Editing at 20 Points!

@japes - Yea
@Ronin - Yea
@Arkham - Yea
@Viegon - Yea
@Yodaking - Yea
@johnny139 -

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 28th, 2017 at 03:55 AM.
Old October 27th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

yea
Old October 27th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Yea

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old October 27th, 2017, 03:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yea, officially.
Old October 27th, 2017, 08:46 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

yea
Old October 29th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Hard as ice

Re: The Spellbook of Healing Energy - Final Editing

Okay - about 20 minutes early, but I might not have as good an opportunity to post this in 20. This Passes On Time to Final Editing!

Now we just need a card and a vote for release, and then I can get started on Dispel.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library