Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 12th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Flying over water...New to Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
He lands in the water and on the next turn that has a movement marker on him, may fly right out of it again. It may take him many turns to traverse a large amount of water, but he never has to swim.
Unfortunately this is not true (anymore?). A guy on a Belgian forum asked WOTC this a couple of months ago and WOTC answered:

"If a creature ends it’s turn in water, it is subject to the normal water movement restrictions until it reaches land, at which point it can fly."
That ruling is wrong.
Grungebob spoke, and that's enough for me.

<moves off to find another thread to peruse>

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old February 12th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Hahnarama: Yeah, but they got HScape back at Wal*Mart, so no complaints there.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old February 12th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
He lands in the water and on the next turn that has a movement marker on him, may fly right out of it again. It may take him many turns to traverse a large amount of water, but he never has to swim.
Unfortunately this is not true (anymore?). A guy on a Belgian forum asked WOTC this a couple of months ago and WOTC answered:

"If a creature ends it’s turn in water, it is subject to the normal water movement restrictions until it reaches land, at which point it can fly."
That ruling is wrong.
G.B. has spoken, so shall it be written...And pegasus, he is one of the Faq authors if I am not mistaken.
I haven't authored any FAQ's. That's somebody else.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old February 12th, 2009, 10:22 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

That ruling is wrong.
G.B. has spoken, so shall it be written...And pegasus, he is one of the Faq authors if I am not mistaken.
I haven't authored any FAQ's. That's somebody else.
My apologies, the fact that you are in the know has been stated and that should be acceptable for pegasus to believe the ruling IMHO.
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey. What a cool idea for a scenario. I almost traded away all my sparklies just so I'd have consistent opaque water tiles in my collection. Time to make a "shallow water / deep water" scenario. If a flying figure lands in deep water (dark sparkly water tile), it cannot fly again until it reaches land or shallow water (solid lighter blue tile).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless WotC guy
“Frederick,
If a creature ends it’s turn in water, it is subject to the normal water movement restrictions until it reaches land, at which point it can fly.
Please let me know if I can confuse you further!”
Old February 13th, 2009, 12:34 AM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was going to chime in (thanks for the links those who sent them), but looks like Grunge already has you covered!

I think the "have to wade to shore" answer is funny. I think we should call it the "Waterlogged Boots" special power. lol

Wizards of the Coast Tabletop Games Designer

Latest FAQs 13.4 (10/6)
Old February 13th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Hey. What a cool idea for a scenario. I almost traded away all my sparklies just so I'd have consistent opaque water tiles in my collection. Time to make a "shallow water / deep water" scenario. If a flying figure lands in deep water (dark sparkly water tile), it cannot fly again until it reaches land or shallow water (solid lighter blue tile).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless WotC guy
“Frederick,
If a creature ends it’s turn in water, it is subject to the normal water movement restrictions until it reaches land, at which point it can fly.
Please let me know if I can confuse you further!”
That is a great idea for a scenario, GaryLASQ!

Newb.
Old February 13th, 2009, 02:39 AM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

to quote mythbusters: that ruling is total bupkis

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old February 13th, 2009, 06:23 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

I so wish I had a good picture of a gunslinger with WOTC on the badge.....shoot from the hip baby!!!!
Old February 13th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, the problem with all this is that HS rules have never covered anything deeper than wadeable water (waist deep?)...So all water is considered to be somewhat shallow. I like Gary's idea for deep and shallow water. In fact, I was thinking the other day that a deep water terrain set/rules would be a cool idea.

It could include regular water tiles, and deep water tiles (maybe in a darker blue), with some jutting rocks and maybe a larger shipwreck/other LOS blocker (none of these would be landable for flyers). Then they could include a common hero water monster that swims or a common mermaid/merman type squad...as far as rules, I'd make deep water impossible to move over/in unless you have the "swim" power.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old February 13th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
I'd make deep water impossible to move over/in unless you have the "swim" power.
I sense there's a Michael Phelps joke in here somewhere.

~Aldin, gettin' high on life

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 13th, 2009, 01:23 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

I sense there's a Michael Phelps joke in here somewhere.

~Aldin, gettin' high on life
Aldin, I always enjoy your insight and openness, but that one took it to the next level. Hilarious.

AnubianWolf

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's