Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old July 22nd, 2014, 01:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Double spacers at the elbow of the ruin?

I'd revisit my answer in the post before yours, dok, as the TD. I'd be more forgiving.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 22nd, 2014, 01:42 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The answer lies in the classic flick The Breakfast Club.
Quote:
"Andrew! You've got to be number one! I won't tolerate any losers in this family!
Win! Win! Win!"
Outlaw the figures.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 23rd, 2014, 10:30 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Nuke if from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

In an effort to quantify just how much wiggle room is inherent in allowing the D3 bases, I placed a Ice Troll Berserker on a hex such that it was exactly tangent to the middle of one side of the raised hex. I then made my best effort at measuring the overhang on the opposite edge. As best I can tell, it's about three millimeters.

So in light of that, my opinion is that if the base itself (and not the sculpt) causes an overhang on that order, you can't consider that in violation of the rules, lest you outlaw all five D3-based figures from walking on land spaces.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 11:53 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Play it however the players are comfortable with and if they disagree, roll a d20. All stuff like this does is make me want to play less.

~Aldin, slavishly adhering to the rules

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 27th, 2014, 05:33 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Aldin again.
Good point, people should just play how they want to play!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; July 28th, 2014 at 12:00 AM. Reason: At first what I said came out wrong.
Old July 27th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Eh. People discuss what matters to them. I think it's interesting, even if it doesn't come up in actual play in my experience.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; July 28th, 2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old July 28th, 2014, 01:25 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

FWIW, I always cringe a little when people imply or say that anyone who would call someone on a rule like this is wrong or missing the point of the game. The game is what you make it, and every playing group establishes their own norms. I'm sure there are playing groups out there who don't get too worked up about winning and losing, but still enjoy playing everything down to the letter of the law because they just like that style. That's fine for them.

That said, I am happy to see this particular ruling go away. I've only had it called on me once, ever, and I only ever called it once (the next day in the same event). Even though both of those opponents were perfect gentlemen about the whole thing, the incident still seems weird to me, and I've never been able to bring myself to make that call again.

The point of my resurrection of this thread was to make the argument that you can't really make this ruling, because the reading of the rules that supports this ruling also implies that you can't place any of the D3-based large and huge figures on any land space. That wasn't true at that time but it is now.
Old July 28th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I almost always allow my opponent to have whatever interpretation of the rules seems right to them when it comes to things like spacing, lines of sight, cocked dice, watching me place my OMs, etc. Usually it's no big deal, just the way they play the game.

Sometimes though, it's something where they think they've found some advantage in a really specific interpretation of the rules. Those are the cases where I just don't want to play anymore. Nothing against the people who really enjoy playing that way. I wish them all the best in finding opponents who also like to play that way. Just not my cup of tea at all.

~Aldin, explanatorily

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 28th, 2014, 09:56 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Well said, Aldin.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 28th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

In my experience as a TD, the debate over that corner space never happens. It's true the conversation was inspired by dok's experience at a single tournament, once, but I think Aldin's attitude - above and beyond sportsmanship, an attitude of generosity - prevails even among tournament players.

This is an interesting conversation, IMHO, but only in an academic sense. It's (luckily) an arcane issue, from my perspective. That doesn't mean it's uninteresting, it's just unlikely to matter.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's