Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old July 24th, 2015, 08:04 AM

TehZmann is surprisingly tart
TehZmann Cheap Jungle Terrain

I am gearing up to play my first game of Heroscape this weekend and I wanted to add some color to my terrain. I really want to get the Jungle set, but as a new player, I don't think it has the best bang for its buck.

My son recently got a dinosaur box from Toysrus for his birthday. Looking through it, I saw some appropriate sized palm trees. They may not look the best, but they will do as a cheap alternative.

I took a knife and cut the trunks off.

Next I took a 1 Hex, and drilled two holes into them. I then kinda wiggled the drill bit to make the oval shape required to fit them in.

Next, I flipped it over and applied some super glue. Here is the finished product.

The dinosaur box came with 6 trees and I got them all made in about 10 minutes. I am trying to find other trees like this online, but not having much luck. I am very happy with the final result and hope to make some stuff in the future.

Set up for my first game this Saturday!
Old July 24th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: TehZmann Cheap Jungle Terrain

Very nicely done
Old July 24th, 2015, 10:07 AM

DarthJak is surprisingly tart

some of that terrain looks familiar.
did you receive my package?

The Sith eye Valhalla with envy
Old July 24th, 2015, 10:24 AM

TehZmann is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJak View Post
some of that terrain looks familiar.
did you receive my package?
I got yesterday. Thank you so much, now I need even more!
Old October 23rd, 2015, 10:38 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I bought a $6 50-piece dinosaur set from Walmart for this very purpose, in addition to some aquarium plants. I wasn't sure how to attach the trees to hexes, but after seeing what you did, I plan on doing what you did above, plus using aquarium plants and follow the processes in this thread and this thread.

Jungle trees and rocks came in set in addition to 24 dinosaurs. Giant rock outcrop is a perfect 7-hex blocker.

Jungle brush is 99 cents each at walmart, and in combination with Dino set is a great replacement for Ticalla Jungle.

Your set is most likely this one:
Toys 'R Us Animal Planet in a Storage Bucket - Dinosaur
Old October 26th, 2015, 11:31 PM

Danny is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I made exactly this not a week ago because I had a gift card to Toys r Us and wants heroscape stuff cause I'm just getting back into it. Looks great.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles