Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 14th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Dice Rolling

I've noticed that every time there is a big roll people tend to roll one dice at a time and it seems to always fail... I was wondering first off what your results are when rolling one at a time and second off if any of you have funny or interesting ways to roll die when it is a HUGE roll...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 14th, 2007, 01:56 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Well if you roll them one at a time you can try to aim for the blanks and try to make them tip over to the skull/shield side. Which is the reason I tell people to roll them all...
Old July 14th, 2007, 02:16 AM

kalfalnal has disabled reputation
Sounds like you guys need dice towers. I made one out of foamcore and we haven't had dice rolling issues since.
Old July 14th, 2007, 03:17 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
Well if you roll them one at a time you can try to aim for the blanks and try to make them tip over to the skull/shield side. Which is the reason I tell people to roll them all...
Sometimes I do that by accident. It's infuriating when you see the skull/shield you need, just for an instant, and then another die hits it and knocks it over. So I always try to roll all at once to avoid tantalizing myself.
Old July 14th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
I absolutely HATE when people do this
Just roll the dice!!!!! My little brother does this with every roll, one die at a time, always trying to knock the dice into a decent roll for him. It drives me nuts!

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old July 14th, 2007, 07:36 AM

Jedijoe9 is surprisingly tart
I'm no math wizard, so someone else may have to jump in, but statistically, is there any advantage to rolling one die at a time versus all of them at the same time?

Currently investing way to much time for a college student in: nerfing, heroscape, and urban exploration.

Soon moving to Greensburg, PA. 'Scape there? Let me know
Old July 14th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedijoe9
I'm no math wizard, so someone else may have to jump in, but statistically, is there any advantage to rolling one die at a time versus all of them at the same time?
You get the advantage of being punched in the throat if you do that at my games.
Old July 14th, 2007, 09:42 AM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker
I have a house rule that if you roll one at a time its what it was rolled. If you roll another and bump it it stays what it was already. This bummed out my friends enough so now they roll all at once instead of one at a time. Although every now and then they roll one at a time just to annoy me.

Long live Heroscape.
Old July 14th, 2007, 10:53 AM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
I HATE it when someone rolls their dice one at a time! Mostly because if they do, it's becuase they're losing and they want to be all sad about it and just throw one die at a time down the dice tower. It drives me insane!

Old July 14th, 2007, 10:53 AM

NiteRaider is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
You get the advantage of being punched in the throat if you do that at my games.
Guess we're never comin' to your place to play.

I used to roll the base amount first and them roll bonus dice. It never worked out real well so I went back to rolling them all at once.

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie
Old July 14th, 2007, 11:35 AM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Wlcome to the fourms! Get ready for your luarl and hearty.

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old July 14th, 2007, 11:36 AM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalfalnal
Sounds like you guys need dice towers. I made one out of foamcore and we haven't had dice rolling issues since.
Ditto!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion