Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 13th, 2015, 06:02 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
~Dysole, not sure how to phrase it so you understand
The theme would be that it actually uses the classes most common amongst the most notable Justice League members. If you go open marker, it's literally anyone and everyone, and you wouldn't even have to touch an actual Justice League member, or even a Hero.

I'll leave it at that, because clearly there's no budging on either side, and the direction we've come up with over 100 pages of discussion, is combining the favored elements.

~Sock, understanding fine, just disagreeing.
And so the Justice League will be special and the Avengers will not. Also a theme fail for me.

~Dysole, pretty sure this is a losing battle on my front which annoys me
Old August 13th, 2015, 06:08 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: Yep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
~Dysole, not sure how to phrase it so you understand
The theme would be that it actually uses the classes most common amongst the most notable Justice League members. If you go open marker, it's literally anyone and everyone, and you wouldn't even have to touch an actual Justice League member, or even a Hero.

I'll leave it at that, because clearly there's no budging on either side, and the direction we've come up with over 100 pages of discussion, is combining the favored elements.

~Sock, understanding fine, just disagreeing.
And so the Justice League will be special and the Avengers will not. Also a theme fail for me.

~Dysole, pretty sure this is a losing battle on my front which annoys me
What?! How does one being different make the original not special? What other system works exactly like the Avengers do? They are both special. It'd be un-special if they both worked the exact same...

With the Avengers you are getting unlimited +1 attack/defense, 2 attacks in 1 turn with Ms. Marvel, and an OM hub in Wasp, and it's all in open synergy. Cap can work with anyone, Ms. Marvel can work with anyone, and Wasp can work with anyone, as you pointed out yourself.

If that's not special, I don't know what is. You may prefer that one over this one, and that's OK. I've used the Avengers markers to tremendous results. Not sure why all of a sudden this system which has its own pros/cons, bonuses/drawbacks, all of a sudden makes that one "not special".
Old August 13th, 2015, 06:15 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Here Is Why

Sock, the Avengers are not special because they don't have specific requirements to get in. Justice League will. Special may not have been the best word but basically since the Avengers and the Justice League are analogues of each other it doesn't make sense to me for one to have an open membership and the other to not since they both serve basically the same function.

Ronin and YodaKing, the problem I encounter no matter how you divvy it up is that I can build a team of all well known Justice Leaguers and then pick ONLY Batman or ONLY Martian Manhunter and I won't be able to use their powers. With the Avengers, I don't have to draft Cap, Ms. Marvel, and Wasp. I certainly can and I'm rewarded for doing so but I don't want to HAVE to draft both of them to make the system work.

~Dysole, observationally
Old August 13th, 2015, 06:17 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: Here Is Why

Quote:
Sock, the Avengers are not special because they don't have specific requirements to get in. Justice League will. Special may not have been the best word but basically since the Avengers and the Justice League are analogues of each other it doesn't make sense to me for one to have an open membership and the other to not since they both serve basically the same function.
Making them the same is boring.

Regardless, Cyborg has an open enrollment option. So it's not like it's all set in stone/restricted.
Old August 13th, 2015, 06:21 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Making them the same is boring.
After 100 pages of discussion, you really think that making them both open enrollment means there's no room to make them different?

Quote:
Regardless, Cyborg has an open enrollment option. So it's not like it's all set in stone/restricted.
Right. This, to my mind, is the coup de gras.

So all the theme-fail options can still get in there. You can still have Thanos the Justice League member. So... what, exactly did we gain with all our restrictions? It's the worst of both worlds.
Old August 13th, 2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
So all the theme-fail options can still get in there. You can still have Thanos the Justice League member. So... what, exactly did we gain with all our restrictions? It's the worst of both worlds.
I get the feeling you just like to complain just to complain, and are only happy with your 1 version. You seriously haven't compromised at all, and have made no attempt since the beginning to adapt to other favored options. Meanwhile, the rest of us have worked on them all, adapted, compromised, and continued fighting. You've just shown up from time to time to chime in on how it's not classic markers. Good job.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy