Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 4th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Hela (Brainstorming)

Judge Death's re-spawn power is worth 165 points on what would otherwise be a 130 point character and those are additional points on top of her value from stats and other powers.
Old December 4th, 2017, 03:29 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Judge Death is a bit overcosted as-is, IMO, and the powers are entirely different in the effect they have and how they work, so it's a bit apples and oranges. However, her stats bring her to about 300, so depending on how we value her powers...
  • Once per round adjacent power attack
  • Adjacent auto-destroy roll that gets easier depending on their remaining life, but only attempted if a wound was caused
  • Once per game revive with some requirements and with 3 life

I'd say point wise just an initial guess would be ~30, ~80, ~150 respectively.

Regardless, it'll be something we'll have a better understanding of through testing. I feel 550 is a good starting point. I'm also not opposed to tweaking her stats and numbers to help alleviate some of the cost. Be it Life down to 7, the roll for Touch of Death being 14-15 instead of 13 etc. I'd prefer her to stay low enough to see more play rather than be someone that's only brought out once in a blue moon sort of thing. High 400's to high 500's is the sweet spot for me.
Old December 4th, 2017, 04:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would say it is more like comparing a lemon to a diamond but nonetheless I think somewhere in the upper 500's looks about right for what you are shooting for currently.

I am glad you moved away from the soul capture, I was going to complain about that as well.
Old December 4th, 2017, 05:12 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Alright, I'm thinking of doing the tweaking of some numbers prior to pushing this further, as I would definitely like her cost to stay lower for more draftability. I think she can spare a couple of tweaks, as she's still going to be a path of death and destruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
NAME = HELA

SPECIES = ASGARDIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ????
PERSONALITY = CONNIVING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 530

HAND OF GLORY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
When attacking with Hand of Glory Special Attack, each skull rolled counts as an additional hit, and each blank rolled counts as 3 additional skulls. Hand of Glory Special Attack can only be used once per round.

TOUCH OF DEATH
After attacking an adjacent figure with Hela, if the defending figure received one or more wounds, you may roll the 20-sided die, subtracting the defending figure's remaining Life number from the roll. If you roll 15 or higher, the defending figure is destroyed.

GODDESS OF DEATH
Once per game, immediately after an opponent's Unique Hero is destroyed by Hela or any Asgardian Hero is destroyed, you may take control of that Hero and its card. Place the chosen Hero adjacent to Hela and place or remove Wound Markers on its card until it has up to 3 Life remaining.

SUPER STRENGTH
I think with Life dropped to 7 and the roll for Touch of Death bumped from 13 to 15, that should be enough to shave off roughly 50-60 points, so I feel 530 is a decent starting point.
Old December 4th, 2017, 05:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Personally I absolutely hate auto destruct powers in C3G...however I do see that you are tempering that with her needing to wound the figure first. I'd however push it more to needing to wound with either the Hand or Glory or with her normal attack...the possibility of a glyph giving an auto wound triggering this on a full life Thor or Odin for instance would suck.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 4th, 2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Personally I absolutely hate auto destruct powers in C3G...however I do see that you are tempering that with her needing to wound the figure first. I'd however push it more to needing to wound with either the Hand or Glory or with her normal attack...the possibility of a glyph giving an auto wound triggering this on a full life Thor or Odin for instance would suck.
She needs to wound them with an adjacent attack, I'd prefer not to cut out Hand of Glory as an option, and the issue with comboing it only with Hand of Glory means it's also a once per round power which then for her other 2 turns she's not doing much.

Do you have a glyph in mind that would allow her to cause an easy wound using an adjacent attack?

Also don't forget the part of the roll that has you subtracting the defending figure's remaining life from the roll. So if Thor only has 1 wound, your roll would need to be 22, outside of d20 boosters that wouldn't be a possible success.
Old December 4th, 2017, 05:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Looking pretty good to me as of the last posted design concept. I really like the idea of touch of death being a free d20 roll based on inflicting an adj. wound rather than an instead of attacking roll. The fact that it requires a 15+, - remaining life, means it shouldn't trigger all that often but be nice when it does. Dropping the life down to 7 was a good idea.
Old December 4th, 2017, 07:18 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
She needs to wound them with an adjacent attack, I'd prefer not to cut out Hand of Glory as an option, and the issue with comboing it only with Hand of Glory means it's also a once per round power which then for her other 2 turns she's not doing much.

Do you have a glyph in mind that would allow her to cause an easy wound using an adjacent attack?

Also don't forget the part of the roll that has you subtracting the defending figure's remaining life from the roll. So if Thor only has 1 wound, your roll would need to be 22, outside of d20 boosters that wouldn't be a possible success.
Sorry my wording was crap...my intent was that she could use it after using either a normal attack or the Hand of Glory not limiting it to one or the other. Meaning if she attacks using a power on this card and wounds a figure she could use it.

As far as glyphs nothing specific yet however I could see a Rules Lawyer saying that the Cosimc Cube with it's "After moving and before attacking..." and then this saying "After attacking an adjacent figure..." would mean that if Hela uses the Cosmic Cube to put a wound on a figure and then attacks and doesn't inflict a wound that by the time of "after the attack" the defending figure did receive a wound...

I know that isn't a huge deal typically but with Auto Destroy powers I don't want to leave any room for future questions.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 4th, 2017, 07:22 PM

I'm fine with spelling it out a bit more to make sure it's clear that it only triggers if she causes a wound with her adjacent attack or with Hand of Glory SA.
Old December 4th, 2017, 08:23 PM
A Man of Taste

Then I have no legitimate issues. (since my personal dislike for Auto Destroy powers isn't something I consider legitimate here)

Old December 5th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For one thing, I think once we break the 500 point barrier, a character should probably be an Event Hero. And since Hela is one of those characters that rivals Odin, I think she deserves the rank.

I'll echo Margloth's thoughts that she's a bit of a beatstick - and as a character that's usually more of a "sit back and watch" figure, that feels a bit strange to me. I'd really like to see an "undead warrior" support unit, that lets her unleash hell. But I suppose that's a discussion for another day. As-is, for a "Hela decides to step up and get things done," she looks good.
Old December 5th, 2017, 06:22 PM

No problem making her an Event Hero.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library