Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 21st, 2012, 03:44 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Chicagoland September Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
OK, cool. Ummmm... Would you mind explaining what Round Robin is?
Sure. Round Robin is like a middle school dance, where everybody stands awkwardly around the side of the room, laughing and giggling in their little cliques until the two bravest move out onto the dance floor, giving sideways glances to their cohorts as they saunter up to each other. Then they battle to the death. Thus giving courage to the rest, who then find a partner to do the same. But the second the first song ends, everybody rushes back to their corners laughing or crying. Wait, I think I'm over explaining.

Let's try that again: You match yourself up to someone you've never played before and say, "Hey, want to play?" And they glance at your army - but try to look like they're not sizing you up - and say, "Sure, what map haven't you played?" And then you figure out which maps you both haven't played, followed by playing with said person on agreed upon map until someone wins or 50 minutes elapses. After which, instead of waiting for everyone to finish their games, you just go find the next someone you haven't played...

Make sense?
Yeah Thanks

PS: I'm home-schooled, so I've never been in that awkward situation you described And I don't dance. Ever.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old September 21st, 2012, 03:49 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Sure. Round Robin is like a middle school dance, where everybody stands awkwardly around the side of the room, laughing and giggling in their little cliques until the two bravest move out onto the dance floor, giving sideways glances to their cohorts as they saunter up to each other. Then they battle to the death. Thus giving courage to the rest, who then find a partner to do the same. But the second the first song ends, everybody rushes back to their corners laughing or crying. Wait, I think I'm over explaining.

Let's try that again: You match yourself up to someone you've never played before and say, "Hey, want to play?" And they glance at your army - but try to look like they're not sizing you up - and say, "Sure, what map haven't you played?" And then you figure out which maps you both haven't played, followed by playing with said person on agreed upon map until someone wins or 50 minutes elapses. After which, instead of waiting for everyone to finish their games, you just go find the next someone you haven't played...

Make sense?
I lot better then how I would have explained it. By the way, what your describing is more of an relaxed rolling rumble format. If it was truly round robin then we would have to play everyone who was there at least once.
Old September 21st, 2012, 04:06 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I kinda like the Rolling Rumble variation better. Then, at a designated time, the two players with most wins (or best winning percentage) are assigned to a final, and everyone else gets to keep playing. We could get a lot more games in this way. (then again I could be saying this because my army plays fast).
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:49 PM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Make sense?
Yeah Thanks

PS: I'm home-schooled, so I've never been in that awkward situation you described And I don't dance. Ever.
I'm homeschooled, and I've been in awkward situations like that all the time.. I mean, how do you decide which lady you want to dance with??

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.
Old September 21st, 2012, 07:04 PM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey, Important question. Are we supposed to start at 1:15, or just be there and set up maps? Also, Are we supposed to bring our own Glyphs?

Old September 21st, 2012, 07:59 PM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Hey, Important question. Are we supposed to start at 1:15, or just be there and set up maps? Also, Are we supposed to bring our own Glyphs?
Does it say anything about my mental health if I misread "Glyphs" As "Girls"?

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.
Old September 21st, 2012, 08:05 PM

Swanky Samurai is surprisingly tart

Quote:
My dad says that play will commence at 1:15, he'll be setting up at around noon. He will have enough glyphs but you're welcome to bring your own if you wish.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 11:20 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for organizing the tourney Shedim. Spencer, Guy and I enjoyed ourselves. It was a bigger turnout than I was expecting to see.

The game is still as popular as ever it seems...
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:48 AM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelfrost4 View Post
Quote:
Does it say anything about my mental health if I misread "Glyphs" As "Girls"?
I believe most guys start at around 12 or 13 .
Old September 23rd, 2012, 01:56 AM

Thanks for Hosting Shedim, I had a Blast. But guess what, about 30 minutes from home our engine died. So we got to stand in a cornfield for half an hour waiting for my mom and a tow truck.(Turns out SF4 is pretty entertaining, he spent the entire time calling every single one of his contacts in Alphabetical order) Then when my Mom got there, she didn't know there were 5 of us, so us 4 guys got to squish into the back for the 50 minute drive to their house, and I didn't get home till 12:45 this morning. But I had fun! I'll probably have some Battle Reports up tomorrow.

Old September 23rd, 2012, 08:56 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Thanks for hosting such a fun tournament! Sometimes you don't need a lot of structure to have a good time playing a lot of games of Heroscape. I played seven games yesterday (probably because I was playing a fast army, playing pretty fast myself, and choosing the first available opponent 100% of the time), and all of them were fun ones.

I decided to play Deathchasers at this tournament, mainly because they fit PERFECTLY in the 555 point total. 5 points less, and this army is substantially weaker. I figured that since the point total was so weird, I had to take advantage of some of the awesome builds that I could do at it.

My build was: Deathchasers x5, Raelin, Nerak, MBS, and the Ogre Pulverizer

Round 1: vs. Samuelfrost4: Omnicron Snipers x3, Sgt. Drake v2, Raelin v1 on Ruins of Fort McAda

The battlements slowed down Orc Battle Rush a bit, but I was still able to gain ground on the Omnicrons. He won the first initiative though, which can be brutal for this army. He was able to get three shots on Raelin (two with height) on turn three. She died. Suddenly, I had three Deathchasers and my best defensive Cheerleader dead, and his whole army was intact.

I had to completely change how I play the Deathchasers to handle this; instead of slow turtling and protecting MBS and Raelin, I had to push forward as much as possible and just hope that four attack dice would be able to kill Snipers. Even though I was only killing one or two most turns, it was enough. I gained a turn of attacks when he opted to not move his Raelin, and that really gave me a fighting chance. Nerak's defensive aura was helpful too, and Samuelfrost whiffed a bunch of his attack rolls towards the end of the game, which sucks against Deathchasers, because even one skull will kill them. Eventually the ogre and my last few Deathchasers finished his last Snipers, and that was the game.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Infectedsloth: Zettian Infantry x4, Deathwalker 8K, Warden 816, Martial, Isamu on Invasion

Invasion is a solid map for the DCs. There's a lot of trees on the board for them to hide by if they leave Raelin's aura, and lots of good places for Nerak and Raelin to hide and get lots of defense dice against range.

I lost the first initiative again, which seems to be a problem for this army. I moved Nerak one space out of Raelin's aura (intentionally though, he was next to a bush and had height), but DW8K stepped in and ripped through him in one turn with his special attack. Raelin came up next turn though, and the Deathwalker had a lot more trouble with piercing my defense after that, and the Zettians struggled to do much of anything at all. It actually took me a long time to kill the Deathwalker; Infectedsloth played it really well by keeping him exactly one space out of range, but eventually I moved Raelin and was able to catch him in his start zone. Warden fell to Paralyzing Stare, and the Deathchasers cleaned up Martial. I don't know exactly what I had left, but the Ogre was sitting in my SZ unused.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Swanky Samurai: Black Wyrmling x2, Iron Golem, Warforged Soldiers x2, 10th Reg x3, Isamu on Invasion

I won the initiative this time, I believe, and I was able to get my pod set up much better than the last two games. The black wyrmlings came at me first, but failed their first two FAB rolls before the Deathchasers butchered them. The Iron Golem came next, and took out two Deathchasers before he fell to sustained hits. The Warforged Soldiers came out after him, but they couldn't survive for very long due to some good rolling on attacks for me. The 10th Reg are a nightmare for the Deathchasers, and I was pretty much in her start zone by then, so they were WTFing a lot. They killed a lot more than their points, but the rest of her army did not, so I was able to get by with a win here. I think I had a two-life Raelin and Nerak, a three life OP, and 7-8ish Deathchasers.

3-0

Round 4 vs. Evar Scarcarver: Minions of Utgar x3, Taelord, Blue Wyrmling, Isamu on Bad Moon Rising

Evar lead with Taelord and put him on the central height, near the shadow and I mirrored the move with Raelin. Turn three of round one was pretty much the turning point of the game; I took a potshot at Taelord with MBS, two skulls. He whiffed. I snuck one Deathchasers through engagement and got a hit on Taelord, three skulls. He whiffed. There went 180 points of his army that did absolutely nothing. The Minions did kill a few Deatchasers, but I tried to lure him into spots where I could get height and still be in Raelin's aura, which worked, and MBS got two paralyzing stares and killed two of the Minions through denying them defense. Isamu and the Blue Wyrmling did kill a bit each, but I don't recall exactly how much. I think MBS died at some point this game to Minion attacks, but I'm not sure. This game is kinda blurry to me after that first round.

4-0

Round 5 vs. UnseenShadowz: Greenscales x4, Zogross, Krav, Isamu on Elswin Plateau
Elswin plateau is another good map for Chasers (or maybe I just know how to use them on this map 'cause it was at GenCon), especially because of the Unique Attack glyph. I had a lone Deathchaser holding that most of the game, which allowed MBS to shoot down on Raelin with attacks of five. While it did take three or four turns for him to finish her, and he had to disengage from Zogross once, he eventually got her, and then turned to finishing off the lizard king. After that, the Greenscales fell fast, so Unseen started putting order markers on the Krav. I won the initiative, and saw all his OMs on the Krav, so I decided to go risky and pull Nerak out of Raelin's aura and attempt to kill one Krav and limit his activation. I killed the Krav, but Nerak fell next turn. The last two Krav ran away for a while, but I caught them in the corner of the board with the Ogre Pulverizer (who had to lumber across the entire board to finish the game). I think I had a one-life OP, a four-life Raelin, and seven or eight Deathchasers left at the end.

5-0

Last edited by vegietarian18; September 23rd, 2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:02 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Freeplay Bracket

Spencer 4-1
550 - Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x4, Brave Arrow, Mohican River Tribe x3, Isamu
Shedim (Hot Heights), Jason (Elswin Plateau), vegietarian18 (Sidewinder), GuyGG (Elswin Plateau)
GaryLASQ (Genapolis Rift)

GuyGG 3-2
555 - Major Q9, Omnicron Snipers x3, Anubian Wolves x1
GaryLASQ (Genapolis Rift), samuelfrost4 (Bad Moon Rising), Spencer (Elswin Plateau)
Matthew (If You Can't Take the Heat...), Boromir96 (Concrete Jungle)

GaryLASQ 2-3
555 - Nilfheim, Greenscale Warriors x3, Raelin, Kelda, Guilty
boromir+3 (If You Can't Take the Heat...), Spencer (Genapolis Rift)
GuyGG (Genapolis Rift), Boromir96 (Concrete Jungle), Matthew (Genapolis Rift)

Showdown Bracket

vegietarian18 5-0
555 - Me-Burq-Sa, Nerak, Ogre Pulverizer, Death Chases x5, Raelin
samuelfrost4 (Ruins at Fort McAda), Infectedsloth (Invasion), Swanky Samurai (Invasion), Evar-Scarcarver (Bad Moon Rising), Unseen Shadowz (Elswin Plateau)

Boromir96 4-1
555 - Cyprien Esenwein, Eldgrim, Marro Stingers x4, Raelin, Sonya Esenwein, Isamu
Matthew (Ruins at Fort McAda), GaryLASQ (Concrete Jungle), GuyGG (Concrete Jungle), samuelfrost4 (Bad Moon Rising)
Infectedsloth (If You Can't Take the Heat...)

Jason 4-1
555- 10th Regiment x3, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Raelin, Roman Legionnaires x3
Paul (Elswin Plateau), InfectedSloth (Bad Moon Rising), BenQ (Concrete Jungle), Matthew (Invasion)
Spencer (Elswin Plateau)

Unseen Shadowz 3-2
550 - Zogross Hardscale, Greenscale Warriors x4, Krav Maga, Raelin, Isamu
Evar-Scarcarver (Sidewinder), Shedim (Genapolis Rift), BenQ (Invasion)
Swanky Samurai (Ruins at Fort McAda), vegietarian18 (Elswin Plateau)

Infectedsloth 3-2
550 - Deathwalker 8000, Warden 816, Zettian Infantry x4, Martial La Hire
BenQ (???), Jason (Bad Moon Rising), Paul (Concrete Jungle)
Boromir96 (If You Can't Take the Heat...), vegietarian18 (Invasion)

Matthew 3-2
555 - Myrddin, Cyprien, Sonya, Cuttersx5
GuyGG (If You Can't Take the Heat...), ? (?), ? (?)
Boromir96 (Ruins at Fort Mcada), Jason (Invasion)

Swanky Samurai 3-2
555 - 10th Regiment x3, Warforged x2, Iron Golem, Black Wyrming x2, Isamu
samuelfrost4 (Hot Heights), Unseen Shadowz (Ruins at Fort McAda), Evar-Scarcarver (If You Can't Take the Heat...)
BenQ (Concrete Jungle), vegietarian18 (Invasion)

Evar-Scarcarver 2-3
555 - Taelord, Minois of Utgar x3, Blue Wyrming, Isamu
Paul (Hot Heights), Shedim (Elswin Plateau)
Unseen Shadowz (Sidewinder), vegietarian18 (Bad Moon Rising), Swanky Samurai (If You Can't Take the Heat)

Paul 2-3
540 - Kurrok, Air Elemental x3, Earth Elemental x3, Water Elemental x2, Fire Elemental x2, Black Wyrming, Blue Wyrmling, Red Wyrmling
boromir+3 (Ruins of Fort McAda), Shedim Kabal (If You can't Take The Heat...)
Jason (Elswin Plateau), Evar-Scarcarver (Hot Heights), Infectedsloth (Concrete Jungle)

BenQ 1-3
555 - Cyprien Esenwein, Raelin, Zombies x5, Drow Chainfighter
Swanky Samurai (Concrete Jungle)
Infectedsloth (?), Unseen Shadowz (Invasion), ? (?)

samuelfrost4 0-5
550 - Omnicron Snipers x3, Sgt. Drake Alexander v2, Raelin
Swanky Samurai (Hot Heights), Vegetarian18 (Invasion), Boromir96 (Bad Moon Rising), boromir+3 (???)

Shedim Kabal 0-4
550 - Su-Bak-Na, Marrden Nagrubs x2, Marro Dividers x3, Red Wyrmling x4, Black Wyrmling, White Wyrmling
Spencer (Hot Heights), Unseen Shadowz (Genapolis), Evar-Scarcarver (Elswin Plateau), Paul (If You Can't Take the Heat...)

Last edited by Shedim Kabal; September 26th, 2012 at 02:57 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events