Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Table or Floor?
I prefer the table! 114 81.43%
I am a floor gamer! 25 17.86%
I build maps in odd places... (beds/fireplaces/bathtubs etc) 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 18th, 2006, 10:41 AM

loseaturn has disabled reputation
Table VS. Floor ... only one shall prevail

Do you generally play on a table or on the floor? Does one have merit over the other? I generally play on the floor due to the fact that the only table I have is a foldout card table. I have built on tables as well as a pool table which is nice. (comes with free pocket pop holders!) But overall I prefer the casual and comfortable atmosphere of a game on the floor. more room!
Old September 18th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Table. Playing on the floor sucks!
Old September 18th, 2006, 11:03 AM

HokshilaTo Woo who?
Table, I have kids...
Old September 18th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
I've got 4 kids age 5 and under and a pug that chews on stuff. As a result I have a "no heroscape stuff on the floor" rule to prevent things from getting masticated, stepped on, kicked, smashed, eviscerated, worried, gnawed, crushed, lost, sent down the heater vent, or otherwise destroyed. I play with it on the table. The kids play with it on the guest room/office bed.

EDIT: Oops - I do play on the floor also but only after bedtime.
Old September 18th, 2006, 11:33 AM

spleek has disabled reputation
We use a low table for the map, armies & dice rolling but have the army cards on the floor. Dice rolls do not count unless they are flat and stay on the table.
Old September 18th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My son and I play 90% of our games on the floor. I use tables when I play other adults though.

Old September 18th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I'm old. I can play on the floor, but I have to wait until help arrives to get up again.

edit: I can buy a lot of tables for the cost of a trip to the back doctor.
Old September 18th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
I'm old. I can play on the floor, but I have to wait until help arrives to get up again.

edit: I can buy a lot of tables for the cost of a trip to the back doctor.
I'm young, but I too prefer not to have a sore back.
Old September 18th, 2006, 12:51 PM

Dragonslayer is surprisingly tart
Table. I've built a map in the fridge once but it turned out too cold to play (and Tundra wasn't released back then, so it wasn't fitting, sort of).

Old September 18th, 2006, 12:52 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I agree, truth. It really is embarassing, though, to have the grandkids say, "Papa just took down Nelfheim...call 911!"
Old September 18th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm young AND have a bad back (thanks to work :P) and sometimes playing on a table sucks too. All the leaning over to build the map...ugh...
Old September 18th, 2006, 01:02 PM

Yes, nether...there are times when even on a table I sit in a chair and scoot to build maps. Thankfully, we have nice Spanish tile floors.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion