Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 11th, 2014, 08:34 AM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs

New unit! Yay!

This one has a much better sculpt than the last one.

The figure is a Banshrae Warrior from D&D. I think its a great figure. Unfortunately, it seems to be fairly rare, but I actually have one (I barely have any minis except for HeroScape).

I don't have a name for this guy yet, but I knew from the start that he was going to be a mummy. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a Vydar color scheme, but that's OK, because he follows...

Ullar (I believe that every general needs not only a dragon, but also a mummy)

Undead
Unique Hero
Archmage
Tricky
Medium 5

Life - 4
Move - 6
Range - 3
Attack - 2
Defense - 3
Points - ???

Wall of Music 13 (could use a better name, I think)
When an opponent's figure moves within 3 spaces of ________ , roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, that figure must end its turn there. Figure can never move through any figure affected by Wall of Music 13.

Fey Step
Once per game, _________ may use Fey Step. Before moving normally with _________, you may place him on any empty space within 5 spaces of his current location. If _________ is engaged with he uses Fey Step, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Tell me what you think. Is Wall of Music 13 too powerful? Is he underwhelming due to his low range and attack? At the moment, I can see him on the same level as Eraven, who also has Fey Step, but I can also see him on a lower level due to his lack of attacking power and a higher level due to the superior ability of Wall of Music 13.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs

Last edited by Maklar the Silver Prince; May 11th, 2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Happy Mummy's Day, by the way! :)
Old May 11th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I like it. Range 3 seems fine considering Wall of Music. Is that a D&D spell? Some sort of anti-range ability would be cool to try and force enemies into the Musical Wall.

Classic 'scape could really use a figure that adds synergy to the Undead faction if VC has not done it already.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 11th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sweet custom, but I don't think he's on the same power level as Eraven. A lot of people underestimate his ability to be a pretty awesome assassin. This guy just doesn't have the hitting power, or survivability. Now, if music wall had a chance to stop ranged attacks... That would be awesome.

For pricing, I might make him a 40 point filler. Perhaps drop his life by one? I could see this guy being a super fun cleanup, as he will almost always get first hit on melee figures.

All around very cool, well done!
Old May 11th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I also think he needs a pretty low point cost. He probably needs something a little more in the way of an offensive power to be effective as cleanup. However, I can see him being useful with Wall of Music in combination with Fey Step, allowing him to go to strategic locations and slow down the advancing opponent's army. But I'm afraid that order markers on him might be better spent elsewhere, unless Wall of Music worked automatically, like Swirling Vortex.

Old May 11th, 2014, 04:59 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I like it. Range 3 seems fine considering Wall of Music. Is that a D&D spell? Some sort of anti-range ability would be cool to try and force enemies into the Musical Wall.

Classic 'scape could really use a figure that adds synergy to the Undead faction if VC has not done it already.
Wall of Music is just something I came up with. He has a flute (I think), and I wanted him to have magical abilities. An anti-range power would be cool, but I want to keep his points down and he needs to be weak against something.

Are you trying to tell me that he gives synergy to the Undead faction? Or that I should make a figure that gives synergy? I'm a bit confused by that point.

Quote:
Sweet custom, but I don't think he's on the same power level as Eraven. A lot of people underestimate his ability to be a pretty awesome assassin. This guy just doesn't have the hitting power, or survivability. Now, if music wall had a chance to stop ranged attacks... That would be awesome.

For pricing, I might make him a 40 point filler. Perhaps drop his life by one? I could see this guy being a super fun cleanup, as he will almost always get first hit on melee figures.

All around very cool, well done!
I don't know much about Eraven. I don't have him, all I know is that he supposedly isn't that great. While I can't argue that my mummy doesn't have as much hitting power, I'm almost certain he has much more survivability. Notice that Wall of Music doesn't just stop movement, it stops the figure's turn. Well, that wording causes confusion, so I'll have to change it so that it specifies that the figure ends its movement and can not attack, so that there isn't a huge problem with a member of a squad getting Music Walled and then the rest of the squad having to end its turn as well.

Anyway, this means that he always has a chance not to be attacked by melee. Sure, there's a die roll, but as a rather cheap end game hero, he would just be too powerful.

Also, think about this one. He can Fey Step into a group of ranged units quite easily without too much damage, and then they are all affected by Wall of Music.

As you can see, Eraven packs a much bigger punch. However, this guy has much better survivability (in theory), and is annoyingly debilitating to the enemy (once again, in theory). Are they the same level? I don't know, they may be, and they may not be. I'll have to test him out and see. I also need to find a good wording to make it clear that a figure affected by Wall of Music stops movement and can not attack, but the opponent's turn is not ended.

And finally, I need a name for this guy! For now, though, I'll just call him the Pied Piper.

Old May 11th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I was just saying the Undead could use more synergy.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 11th, 2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I was just saying the Undead could use more synergy.
Ah! I'll keep that in mind.

Old May 11th, 2014, 05:33 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Wow, that'd be an epic unit to use with the Zombies. He stalls your opponents out, which in turn lets you advance zombies much more quickly. I think lowering the d20 roll to 7 or 8 would be best though. The idea of it automatically triggering is a bit too powerful.

Currently, 40-50 points. With the d20 reduced, probably about 60-70.

Great work! This is definately something I can see people using in their games, even if they're using another figure.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 11th, 2014, 05:38 PM

Hmm, I don't see why people think he should be cheap. I don't have a problem with it, I just don't see why.

Lowering the D20 roll too much would make this guy way too powerful in cleanup, in my opinion. A lot of the time, he would barely be touched, and even when an attack gets through, he has a defense of 3 and a life of 4, not great, but still a nice buffer. Still, I'll think about it...

I'm glad everybody likes him so much! Thanks everybody!

Old May 11th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I doubt this guy can be to powerful on clean up. Not with 2 attack dice at least. I really think that if you playtest him, you'll see why we think he shouldn't cost to much. You see, like you said, he can trap enemy ranged figures, who will then waste a whole turn (probably) of firing at him. More turns, if the dice are in your favor. That is his strength, but it won't be considered a strength if you put of up there are 90 points. I'm sure the enemy would have no problem wasting a turn of shooting if it meant taking out almost 1/5 of your army. See what I mean? 40-50 points would make a fun, tactical choice. Just my two cents though, and once again. Cool custom .
Old May 11th, 2014, 06:18 PM

Ah, I have now been completely enlightened by orgsbane. Thanks! Though I could argue 2 attack is potent enough in clean up, it doesn't make much of a difference. I've only tested him in dungeon crawls, where he performed quite well, so that probably made me think a bit much of him.

Old May 11th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Ah, I have now been completely enlightened by orgsbane. Thanks! Though I could argue 2 attack is potent enough in clean up, it doesn't make much of a difference. I've only tested him in dungeon crawls, where he performed quite well, so that probably made me think a bit much of him.
Haha, cool.

I see where our views differ... I like to use Fen Hydra for cleanup

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards