Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 16th, 2007, 03:04 PM

zombie prime is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
test for competency of WotC

Since we as scapers are seeing many if not all of WotC's rulings overturned, I for one think that we should give them a test.

My proposal is to take a question to them through an array of people, sample if you will, and see if the consistancy of their rulings. think of it as a 3 out of 5 situation.

The questions must not be in the hasbro fact and agreed upon by the community. also no mention of heroscapers or online community will be in the emails. The emails themselves can be written however the writer sees fit.

ex:
person 1
does stealth flying only occur when the character leaves engagement when flying?

person 2
If my character, (who has stealth flying) leaves engagement by walking do they still get disengage?

etc.

yes i do know that the card states that disengage only occurs with flying, it was just an example, and after the primary ruling on the rise again ability i doubt they would get it right the first time.

after the responses come back we can compare and see whether or not we should trust WotC, which at the moment i do not.

(i put this in official rules because i feel that this would be an effort for later official ruling, if a better place could be found, even deletion due to not finding this topic in an other location, them please do so oh ones with powers greater than mine)
Old January 16th, 2007, 03:45 PM

Samwise has disabled reputation
Since we've already seen WotC's answers being overturned and inconsistent, I think we already have an answer. A test of this nature is just so we can have one more thing to throw in their face to prove how inept they are.

I think instead we should be focusing on how we can help improve the situation. I assume that the most knowledgeable Heroscapers in the world are all gathered here, so we certainly have resources to offer.

Giving an intentional and secretive "test" to prove something we already know just seems to be a way to stir up animosity rather than cooperation.

The last thing we want is for WotC to see the online Heroscape community as a "problem" area.
Old January 16th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
The part of me that plays pbem Diplomacy is screaming "No!!!! That's not an effective tool of persuasion!!!"

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 16th, 2007, 04:49 PM

it was just a thought, after reading soo many, send a question to WotC posts i thought that a overview of how they answer there questions might allow us to gain understanding behind their reasoning process.

If they do lean toward the customer who asks the question then we will know not to ask our questions in that matter.

but like i said its just a suggestion.
Old January 16th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think we are starting to see some competency already especially with the admittance of a bad ruling and the correction to that ruling being sent to the customer. It's just gonna take time. I think what we can do as a core group is to make sure the questions we ask are necessary and properly worded.

Newb.
Old January 16th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, Samwise!

On behalf of our hairy-footed and WotC pondering community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

Personally, I'm in favor of the "let's give WotC a chance to get settled in" stance. In the interim, I feel there are a few posters on this site who I trust enough that if two of them saw an issue a certain way I'd probably go with that.

~Aldin, pointedly NOT looking at <names deleted to protect the innocent (and not so innocent)>

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 16th, 2007, 07:23 PM
has been BANNED

Faartknocker is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The reason gamers such as I need official rulings is so we will know how to play in tournaments (I played in one in November and I will play again in March).

We NEED to know exactly what the rules are. People who play at home need not worry, since they can house-rule anything they wish.

It's not enough to say: "I'll go with what so-and-so says because I think he's smart and cool". That doesn't hold water for tournament purposes.

That's perhaps the big difference between tournament and casual players; the need to know the rules for certain. Cheers!
Old January 16th, 2007, 07:50 PM

back when we had chris at hasbro he was our 1 stop spot for scape, all emails basically went through him.

now we have many people answering these question, most who give contradicting answers.

but they all have one thing in common an email address.

what this all leads to, especially after rethinking my original post, is that we need to find one WotC rep that has experience in and around the world of scape and send our questions to him.

do you all think this system could work or should i just give up while i still can?
Old January 17th, 2007, 02:50 AM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
What if we compiled a list of the bad rulings and sent them directly to Chris D. and Craig? Do they even know what is going on? I wonder what they would say to the Watch Out! There's Crap! team if they knew the way that they are messing up their game. Basically, get daddy to spank the obnoxious little brother.

If WOTC keeps messing up, and Craig knows about it, maybe WOTC won't be answering our questions at all anymore, and Craig will hire a team of people to handle it under his knowledgeable care. After all, he designed it, he knows what his intentions were, while a third party has no idea what he was thinking and just takes their best (or worst) guess at the matter.

Click to see more...
Old January 17th, 2007, 09:12 AM

Samwise has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Welcome to the boards, Samwise!
Thanks. I was on the old boards as Olibarro, and I lurk here every day. Just haven't had anything to say until now.
Old January 17th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faartknocker
The reason gamers such as I need official rulings is so we will know how to play in tournaments (I played in one in November and I will play again in March).

We NEED to know exactly what the rules are. People who play at home need not worry, since they can house-rule anything they wish.

It's not enough to say: "I'll go with what so-and-so says because I think he's smart and cool". That doesn't hold water for tournament purposes.

That's perhaps the big difference between tournament and casual players; the need to know the rules for certain. Cheers!
All you need to know is which ruling the tournament director is using. Ask the tournament director. We have had many tournaments up to this point and I do not know of a single rule dispute ever mentioned here on these boards. Arguing that we cannot have good tournaments without hundreds of pages of errata is absolutely not true and has been demonstrated.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 17th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
The "they" we speak of is probably a very small group of people who are human and make mistakes like we do.

This is something we turn to our advantage, with open and friendly communication. Welcome them, be constructive. Always, always, always nice and respectful.

Treat "them" like an ugly monolith and who knows, "they" may choose to act like one, or at least, like someone who has been treated rudely.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's