Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old January 24th, 2007, 09:25 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99
I have a confession that I can hold on to no longer.
Like any true 'scaper, I've been driving around my area looking for wave 6. I got my first entire set for xmas through house mouse. While shopping one day at a store that shall remain nameless, (due to the graphic nature of this post), my wife came across a wave 6 Heroes pack. (The one with KMS, Kaemon Awa, Eldgrim, etc,...) She called me and said that it was a little beat up around the top edge, but all was good on the inside. I wasn't too thrilled seeing as how I usually only get one set of uniques anyway. But it gave me hope to know that they had at least hit the shelves even if it was the last pack. I told her that I didn't REALLY want it, but if she wanted to get it, I wouldn't object. :P Just so happens, (1 week later), we went back to "the store with no name" and my wife not only was able to locate the unique pack AGAIN, but this time also searched and found the Einar Imperium and Samurai Archers. Naturally my eyes filled up and I began to weep uncontrolably, . . . , . . . seriously though. I was so excited and definately knew I was going to get this one, and for a prize for an upcoming tourney decided to also get the unique pack as well.
To make a long story longer, we made our way to the register. The clerk scanned one of the packs but the item did not scan. He tried again but again he had no luck getting the barcode to read. He tried the other but the same thing. With an impatient line forming longer and longer behind us he asked us what the listed price on the shelf was eager to get us out the door. OF COURSE we all know that expansions are only $4.88,... ,...
So with that said, 2 Wave 6 expansions, (1 of which I kept), $10-something!!!
respect level honestly just went down
A hearty Amen to that, Cavalier. I had the same 'opportunity' not long ago and my conscience insisted I take the high road and tell them the price was $9.92. How can I teach my children to be honest if I am not?

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old January 24th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Well I got a few Wave 2 boosters at Target last week for $2.16 each. That's clearly an error, but that's what they rang up for. Should I have gone to the manager and told them about the obvious mistake?
Old January 24th, 2007, 10:30 AM

imppious has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Well I got a few Wave 2 boosters at Target last week for $2.16 each. That's clearly an error, but that's what they rang up for. Should I have gone to the manager and told them about the obvious mistake?
No it means you should sell them to me for $3.00 each.

Character Sig.
Comming soon.....
Old January 24th, 2007, 01:22 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
I supoort his shinanagin!!

now give me one fo those expansion packs or I send this thread to the FBI!!
Old January 24th, 2007, 01:24 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
No, Target routinely clearances items without notice. Nothing wrong with that.

Lying directly TO the store is something else entirely, though, and something I could never respect or condone.
Old January 25th, 2007, 12:46 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
respect level honestly just went down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow
A hearty Amen to that, Cavalier. I had the same 'opportunity' not long ago and my conscience insisted I take the high road and tell them the price was $9.92. How can I teach my children to be honest if I am not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod
Lying directly TO the store is something else entirely, though, and something I could never respect or condone.
I will only say this and nothing else concerning this matter. I respect your opinions about "actions taken", but have you EVER taken advantage of ANY situation for the sole purpose of your own benefit while completely aware of what you were doing? Was it right? No. Did you, (or I), care at the moment? Obviously not! Decisions, decisions, decisions,...have you ever made a bad one?! Probably. Cast judgement all you want, but next time you find yourself being dishonest purely for your own benefit, I hope you can only say all the good things you've said about me,... about yourself.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old January 25th, 2007, 03:08 AM

Samwise has disabled reputation
Yes, absolutely. Rationalize your bad behavior by explaining how everyone does it.

That makes it right.

[For the record, I haven't behaved that way since I moved out of my parents' house. So I'll cast the first stone. Like someone else said, how can I teach my kids if I don't lead by example?]
Old January 25th, 2007, 09:10 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
I can honestly say I have been honest every time I have faced the decision. That includes times when I could have faced disciplinary action as a teacher for something I did or said. Guess what? Due to my honesty, I have reaped the rewards by avoiding the worst consequences. In most cases, I avoided consequences all together BECAUSE I was honest. Honesty pays off one way or another--in the area of self-respect or the eyes of others. Either way, it's a much bigger and better pay off.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old January 25th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
dnutt, I apologize for, as you put it, passing judgement. I have always respected you and found you to be an astute and intelligent poster. Your actions were simply not what I would have expected of you based on your posts.

I hope you can understand my point of view, as I can understand yours. Who hasn't been tempted to make those types of choices? But it is my opinion that our choices make us who we are.

I'll get off of this soapbox now before I fall off. Here's to good games with good friends and lots of debates and deep discussions about a kid's game
Old January 25th, 2007, 10:43 AM

piranha Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99
I will only say this and nothing else concerning this matter. I respect your opinions about "actions taken", but have you EVER taken advantage of ANY situation for the sole purpose of your own benefit while completely aware of what you were doing? Was it right? No. Did you, (or I), care at the moment? Obviously not! Decisions, decisions, decisions,...have you ever made a bad one?! Probably. Cast judgement all you want, but next time you find yourself being dishonest purely for your own benefit, I hope you can only say all the good things you've said about me,... about yourself.
Are you justifying or defending your actions?

I can't tell what you expect from the HS community.
Old January 29th, 2007, 09:56 AM

outermind has disabled reputation
Wow... it seems we have a lot of monks and saints who have never done anything wrong in thier lives who post here. I bow down and ask for your blessings!

Judgements are always best left for yourself

Victory goes to the player that makes the next to last mistake!
Old January 29th, 2007, 10:46 AM

saintBYgrace has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by outermind
Wow... it seems we have a lot of monks and saints who have never done anything wrong in thier lives who post here. I bow down and ask for your blessings!

Judgements are always best left for yourself

Hmmm,I do not know how many monks we have here BUT we do have a saint : )

God Bless and Keep Faith;
-saintBYgrace-

Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in your ways and He will direct your paths."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News