Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old October 11th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
The Grudge 2 & The Big-Dogs of Horror

Hey does anyone else want to see this? The first one was slightly scary in theatres. It had some surprises, but I liked the Japanese version ALOT better. I'm interested to see where they go with this. I never saw The Ring 2, but I enjoyed the first one. I wish they would go balls to the walls with these movies and not be scared for that R rating. I think that that would bring them up to the next level and let them run with the big dogs of horror...

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
What do you consider to be the big dogs of horror?

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
Cujo :P
Old October 11th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Ju-on (IMO) was better than The Grudge, but hey maybe the second time around the american version might just get it,

As for Big Dogs of Horror, really they come and go, but the classics have always stayed, so I'd say almost anything with Boris Karloff in it (excluding Plan 9, that's just funny).

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old October 11th, 2006, 05:36 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
For those going to primarily see SMG, save your money.

Old October 14th, 2006, 09:43 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
Cujo :P
He he funny.

I just today saw the Grudge 2 and I for one did not find it nearly as good as the first, it seemed to cliched.
Old October 15th, 2006, 12:22 AM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
I don't really think the Grunge series will be scary to me after I saw Scary Movie 4, they really made it seem idiodic. But then again thats what the whole movie is when your talking about Scary Movie.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I could actually care less about The Grudge series. I bought The Grudge on DVD and attempted to watch it a few times. Each time I tried, I either got summarily bored out of my mind or simply fell asleep. I have absolutely no desire to see "2".

As for good Horror, it needs to create a sense of 'creepy' that most writers/directors in their attempts to create confuse "creepy" with blood guts and gore, or simply go with "BOO!" shocker scenes.

From the Great Horror Movies List:
• P.sycho (The Big-Daddy of all excellent Horror)
• The Sixth Sense
• The Others
• Halloween (only the original) *
• Night of the Living Dead (the original and in Black and White)
• Jian Gui (The Eye) - apparently there is a US remake coming with Jessica Alba, I don't believe it will make my list. I will, however, watch it, it has Jessica Alba in it! Duh!
• The Night of the Hunter
• The Exorcist
• The Innocents (from the early 60's)
• Silent Hill
• Invasion of the Body Snatchers (only the original)
• The Thing (only the remake)
• The Blair Witch Project
• Diabolique (only the original)
• Trilogy of Terror (I still have nightmares involving that d.amned doll)

You can't deny these Classics of Horror from any list:
• Dracula (1931)
• The Phantom of the Opera (1925)
• Freaks (1932)
• The Invisible Man (1933)
• Frankenstein (1931)
• The Invisible Man (1933)
• Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)

From the D.amned Fun Horror Movie List:
• Shaun of the Dead
• An American Werewolf in London
• Undead
• Dawn of the Dead (the original)
• The Lost Boys
And, of course,:
• The Rocky Horror Picture Show

* Although Halloween was the father of the Modern Horror "Blood and Guts" P.sycho-Hunter/Killer/Slasher-from-Hell movies, it contained only a single scene with blood, at less than a 1/4 ounce, and lasting less than a couple seconds when Michael slashed a babysitter's throat with a kitchen knife. But, for some reason, people remember the movie as exceptionally bloody ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice list, Mal! I'm not a big fan of horror flicks but I do like ones that make you think. I would include Alien in that list since it really is a pretty scary movie (even though it does use the "boo" factor and some gore.) The original Night of the Living Dead was probably the scariest movie I ever saw and the worst part were the nightmares 2 weeks later (no nightmares until two weeks later...strange) after seeing the movie (I was about 12 seeing it for the first time at a halloween party.) Good horror is difficult to come by these days.

Newb.
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
I feel Evil Dead (and ED 2), Braindead (Dead or Alive in the US), and Bad Taste deserve comedy-horror mentions. Hell Rain, too, is pretty god-awful, yet funny.

Alien is a great horror movie too. The Shining isn't a bad, also, for its day.

I agree with most of Malechi's list, except Sixth Sense (Shyalaman is the worst director ive ever had the misfortune to witness), I wouldnt include Silent Hill, and remake of the Thing? Is the Carpenter version not the original?

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Nice list, Mal! I'm not a big fan of horror flicks but I do like ones that make you think. I would include Alien in that list since it really is a pretty scary movie (even though it does use the "boo" factor and some gore.) The original Night of the Living Dead was probably the scariest movie I ever saw and the worst part were the nightmares 2 weeks later after seeing the movie (I was about 12 seeing it for the first time at a halloween party.) Good horror is difficult to come by these days.

Newb.
I know Alien is partly considered Horror due to the whole "killer on the loose and the victims are stuck on an island with no way off" theme, but I will always cionsider it great SciFi!

As for Night of the Living Dead, I saw it the first time at 14, alone, and at midnight. When the movie ended I was creeped beyond belief. I had turned off the lights and was about to make my way to bed when on the back porch a loud and thunderous thud-thud-thud echoed through the house. The shivers down my spine shook so hard I thought I would fall down right there. Recovering quickly, I ran to the light switch and flipped it on. There on the porch, just five feet away, stood a figure with giant horns, glowing eyes and cloven feet! We stared at each other for just a moment before the deer turned and ran back into the woods. The really odd part was a deer never came on to the porch before or after that ...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old October 15th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon
I feel Evil Dead (and ED 2), Braindead (Dead or Alive in the US), and Bad Taste deserve comedy-horror mentions. Hell Rain, too, is pretty god-awful, yet funny.

Alien is a great horror movie too. The Shining isn't a bad, also, for its day.

I agree with most of Malechi's list, except Sixth Sense (Shyalaman is the worst director ive ever had the misfortune to witness), I wouldnt include Silent Hill, and remake of the Thing? Is the Carpenter version not the original?
There is a black and white version of the Thing that is the original. Not bad but not as good as Carpenter's genetic transforming Thing.

Original "The Thing from Another World"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044121/

Carpenter's interpretation "The Thing"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/

Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media