Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old April 21st, 2010, 06:27 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
How about some support for us Mac users?

OK, I (and I have seen several other comments about this) own and use a Mac, with no access to a PC. I would like to run programs such as virtualScape and Card Creators (Sorry, can't think of their names now), without having to buy Parallel Desktops or some similar program.

Does anyone know if there is a free working equivalent to Parallel Desktops? And if not, any chance of someone creating a Mac version of VirtualScape?
Old April 21st, 2010, 06:30 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: How about some support for us Mac users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
OK, I (and I have seen several other comments about this) own and use a Mac, with no access to a PC. I would like to run programs such as virtualScape and Card Creators (Sorry, can't think of their names now), without having to buy Parallel Desktops or some similar program.

Does anyone know if there is a free working equivalent to Parallel Desktops? And if not, any chance of someone creating a Mac version of VirtualScape?
It has been mentioned. It requires someone with the knowledge of either Mac exclusive or cross platform programming with the time and desire to do so. Simply stated, the apps that have been created have been fan created and their is a greater percentage of PC users, therfore, a greater likelyhood that something will be made for a PC.

Of course, this could have gone in the VirtualScape for Mac here on the very first page of this sup-forum.
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:16 AM

pixlepix Woo who?

When I learn java a bit more, I might be able to create a virtualscape for MAC.

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
The best online game ever(try it out for a month.)
Old May 12th, 2010, 08:17 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixlepix View Post
When I learn java a bit more, I might be able to create a virtualscape for MAC.
I love you! lol
Old May 12th, 2010, 06:31 PM

pixlepix Woo who?

One question for anyone that knows Java:
How do you actually make applications. I get how to make programs, but how do you make graphics and interfaces.

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
The best online game ever(try it out for a month.)
Old May 23rd, 2010, 11:37 AM

HiTech126 is surprisingly tart

Look here

It runs Windows, too.
Have a Windows application you need to use once in a while? No problem. Every new Mac lets you install Windows XP and Vista and run them at native speeds, using a built-in utility called Boot Camp.

Setup is simple and safe for your Mac files. After you’ve completed the installation, you can boot up your Mac using either Mac OS X or Windows. (That’s why it’s called Boot Camp.) Or if you want to run Windows and Mac applications at the same time — without rebooting — you can install Windows using VMware or Parallels software.*
Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:58 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTech126 View Post
Look here

It runs Windows, too.
Have a Windows application you need to use once in a while? No problem. Every new Mac lets you install Windows XP and Vista and run them at native speeds, using a built-in utility called Boot Camp.

Setup is simple and safe for your Mac files. After you’ve completed the installation, you can boot up your Mac using either Mac OS X or Windows. (That’s why it’s called Boot Camp.) Or if you want to run Windows and Mac applications at the same time — without rebooting — you can install Windows using VMware or Parallels software.*
Yea, I have to buy Microsoft Vista or Microsoft 7.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 04:47 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Mac = evil

-insert signature here-
Old May 23rd, 2010, 07:25 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Mac = evil
Mac=Overpriced

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old May 24th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktheant View Post
Mac=Overpriced
Not overpriced. You are paying for quality. I'm saying Macs are perfect, but Apple does stand behind them and they provide the best customer service ever.
Old May 24th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktheant View Post
Mac=Overpriced
Not overpriced. You are paying for quality. I'm saying Macs are perfect, but Apple does stand behind them and they provide the best customer service ever.
So do other computer manufacturers. The only difference is that the OS and the Hardware come from the same provider in the cas of Macs.

As an IT pro, I can say I have just as many issues with Macs as PCs (when factorign the install base percetange) and I get just as good, if not better, support from Dell, HP, etc as I do from Apple (Of course, I am talking corporate/business support as opposed to home support, but you get what you pay for-which is always less for the PCs )
Old May 24th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Does anyone know if there is a free working equivalent to Parallel Desktops?
Yep, Wine. I run it on Linux and it runs Virtualscape fine. I haven't tried it on OS X but the support page says it should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software