Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old March 24th, 2010, 03:13 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Last night I got a chance to play:
Khet x2
Yinsh x2
and Quicksand x2 to let my brain cool down.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old March 24th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I despise normal, old, Risk. But this one, and the normal new version are so much better!
I can't say I despise normal, old, Risk. That being said I haven't played it since I was in highschool
I played it once about 6 months ago, and it was painfully dull. It was just "attack one territory, grab a card..." for about 5 hours, with no decision I made seeming to have any influence on the game. I like games with dice, as seen by how much I play Heroscape and Summoner Wars, but when that's all there is, I don't like it.

Things that are cool about 2210:

1. 5 years. Each player only gets 5 turns, so that puts a cap on the game time and lends a bit more gravity and urgency to your choices.

2. Energy. There's another resource to manage besides your troop count. It can be used to buy new guys and cards, as well as bid for turn order.

3. Commanders, space stations. There are points of interest that you can put on the board, which allow you to direct your attacks and defense to shift the odds in your favor (by rolling d8's) when you need it.

4. Cards. The command cards are cool and fun, and each deck has its own perks.

5. The board changes. Each game, there are 4 devastation markers which eliminate certain territories from the game, and depending on when people choose to go to the sea or the moon, that can also change the lanes of attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 24th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I'm a big fan of 2210 for all the reasons that Jexik stated. This is a much improved version and a whole lot of fun.

It does take a game or two to get the swing of it, since it plays differently than RISK--and you have to read carefully to notice the handful of old RISK rules that no longer apply. One of my top game choices, with the right people.
Old March 24th, 2010, 08:20 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Two quick games of Ninja versus Ninja tonight. My son got a win, which is good. Gotta keep him coming back for more.
Old March 24th, 2010, 09:32 PM

Old Rough and Ready is surprisingly tart

If I don't have time for 'Scape, I usually play something like RoboRally, any form of Risk, Chess, Backgammon, or Settlers of Zarahemla. I try to play with my friends, but I more commonly play with my Grandfather on slow Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Occasionally on Monday to, but the blasted thing called homework tends to limit that.

My Customs (Check Em' Out!)
Star Trek Scape (personal figures) (Going Where No Heroscaper Has Gone Before...)
Chief Engineer (Self-proclaimed) at TrekScape
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:01 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played Warhammer last night and am going to be playing it a ton this weekend at www.adepticon.org.
Old March 24th, 2010, 10:28 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Finally got in a game of 'scape tonight w/ the new figs. Also, when I stopped to pick up my D1 today, the store had just gotten Summoner Wars in stock, so I threw both sets on the pile. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play this weekend.
Old March 24th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I'm playing MYTH: PANTHEONS tonight! w00t!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old March 24th, 2010, 11:49 PM

Lord Zaibatsu Woo who?

I am currently playing Heroquest by games workshop I'm sure some of you have heard of it.
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:16 AM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Zaibatsu View Post
I am currently playing Heroquest by games workshop I'm sure some of you have heard of it.
Do you mean Warhammer Quest, or Heroquest by Milton Bradly?
Played the Capture the flag varient of Doom the Boardgame this evening, as well as a game of Liar's Dice.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:47 AM

Lord Zaibatsu Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Played the Capture the flag varient of Doom the Boardgame this evening, as well as a game of Liar's Dice.

Heroquest by Milton Bradly, good old fashioned simple fun. I hear that Warhammer Quest was a bit more advanced. I have always really enjoyed Heroquest and I hope that DnD scape can give me a thrill close to what Heroquest gave me.
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:12 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Heroquest by Milton Bradly, good old fashioned simple fun. I hear that Warhammer Quest was a bit more advanced. I have always really enjoyed Heroquest and I hope that DnD scape can give me a thrill close to what Heroquest gave me.
I agree that Heroquest is pretty simplistic, and that is it's redeeming strength. You can get in and out in an hour and not have to worry about a Brain Burster situation.

Warhammer Quest is the natural evolution of Heroquest - player characters and monsters have more stuff, more abilities, and more options. You can play with a GM, or totally cooperatively thanks to some simple and intuitive "Monster AI" rules, and you can add in campaigning rules or just do "One Shots". There are a ton of custom tables online for WHQ for more Dungeon Tiles, Events, Monsters, Scenarios, etc.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games