Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old August 23rd, 2015, 11:10 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

@Marro_Warlord @Dysole

As far as length and time limit go, those have pretty much been taken care of. Currently, the prompt lasts until someone is committed enough to provide a due date. (Actually TAF, there is no deadline to provide a due date by ) And the length is totally up to the writer. The length is only limited in one direction - you could easily have a three hundred word entry with a ten thousand word limit.

Dysole, your post inspired a spur-of-the-moment vision. Just throwing this out there: The competition becomes monthly or even bi-monthly. We put a lot more effort into the prompts, and turn it into something bigger than the casual style it is now. We could also work on advertising ("Get ready for the monthly writing challenge!"). That way we could have sufficient time to get people hyped up about it. There would also be a better ranking system... maybe we could get the admins involved with titles or something, like they do for online HS?

~TGRF.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 11:21 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

That would be cool. I still won't be able to participate until October probably. It sounds like a cool idea though.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 11:33 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Currently, the prompt lasts until someone is committed enough to provide a due date. (Actually TAF, there is no deadline to provide a due date by )
~TGRF.
Oh, somehow I got that mixed in there when we changed the system. Well, now y'all is stuck with my prompt forever, until someone submits something at any rate.

Quote:
There would also be a better ranking system... maybe we could get the admins involved with titles or something, like they do for online HS?
This is a good idea, provided we can convince the admins that there is actually a Fan Art & Fiction forum on their site.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 24th, 2015, 01:39 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
My Thoughts

You're welcome to try. I know the admins have been generally pretty helpful when I've asked them for publicity for something like CoN or Unit Battle Royale. Just word it nicely and let them know precisely what you want to go up. Xorlof is usually the one who makes it work so I'd start there.

~Dysole, doing my best to be helpful
Old August 24th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Monthly or bi-monthly could help. Worth a try.

How about switching gears for a moment and trying a group write. Sort of like a CoN(I think, never played) where writers take turns. Leave it open for folks to jump in when they can and see where it goes.

If it works out, when the group written story ends, have the next contest based on the group story. It might give folks a chance to recharge their batteries and perhaps spawn some short spurts of inspiration.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 24th, 2015, 10:30 AM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: My Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
You're welcome to try. I know the admins have been generally pretty helpful when I've asked them for publicity for something like CoN or Unit Battle Royale. Just word it nicely and let them know precisely what you want to go up. Xorlof is usually the one who makes it work so I'd start there.

~Dysole, doing my best to be helpful
As far as I know, Xorlof is currently off in parts unknown. He was going to explain the site update to the Codex in June, and we're still waiting for the rundown. That's actually one of the big reasons the Codex hasn't come back yet. I'd probably start with Aldin - he seems to be on top of things.

This would be a big change though. We're talking about reworking this into something very different. I personally like the casual style we have right now, where you can jump in or out at any time.

Because this would be such a big change, I'm going to make a poll thread about it, and see where we stand.

~TGRF.
Old August 24th, 2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Monthly or bi-monthly could help. Worth a try.

How about switching gears for a moment and trying a group write. Sort of like a CoN(I think, never played) where writers take turns. Leave it open for folks to jump in when they can and see where it goes.

If it works out, when the group written story ends, have the next contest based on the group story. It might give folks a chance to recharge their batteries and perhaps spawn some short spurts of inspiration.
That was the exact premise of this tale. The story inspired two ro three separate fan fictions afterwards, one of which is widely accepted as the best fan fiction on this site.

The problem with this is that it leaves no room for structure or development of any kind. Once your chapter is done, someone else takes over. That format is a lot better for writers that just hop in it with no plan. The other problem with this is that I still see the need to somehow draw other people in. That thread was made during the summer, when 'Scape was active. All the kids were out of school. We simply don't have those ranks.

~TGRF.
Old August 24th, 2015, 10:43 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Hop in, no plan, no structure, open to all. Sounds great.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 24th, 2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
My point is it's great for people who write like that. I don't. From what I understand, neither Dysole nor TAF do either. I'd like to continue using this contest to practice my writing skills, including development.
I will add your thoughts to the poll though.
~TGRF.
Old August 24th, 2015, 10:56 AM

I follow. Right on. Best of luck.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 24th, 2015, 11:02 AM

I've posted the poll.

~TGRF.
Old August 24th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
My point is it's great for people who write like that. I don't. From what I understand, neither Dysole nor TAF do either.
~TGRF.
I ain't never done that, so it could be worth a try. Sounds like fun to me, but we'll see.

~TAF, off to check out that poll.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction