Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old June 16th, 2010, 12:57 PM

mysterium is surprisingly tart
Arrow Joint story discussion thread

Welcome to the place of chatting for the joint story going on. If you aren't a member and want to become one, please chime in here so a new person doesn't just pop into existence.
Also, if you want to compliment our amazing work , this place is great for that. Make yourselves welcome.

Last edited by mysterium; November 11th, 2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: time for the poll...
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:39 PM

Gold1 knows what's in an order marker Gold1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: All authors! Circle story

If I were you I'd get a list of people interested and decide among the group what the overall storyline should be. Also try PM'ing people who have done succesful previous works here and see if they're interested. Its always nice to have some people who know what they're doing around. I sort of see this as the Clone Wars animated series that was run by cartoon network. There was a main story but also a few side battles and such to show how the war was going, something similar could be done here. I'd also advise that when you get your ten writers to set them up in an order to prevent ninjas and such. I'm very interested in the idea but at the same time unsure if it can succeed. This sounds like a fun idea and I think with the right people you can pull it off.

Check out my fanfics.
Ceasefire
JointStoryThread
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:42 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

I'll Participate, but someone has to start first...
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I used to do these kinds of stories back in reading class while I was in 8th grade. May I join in? If not, then I hope this story turns out nicely.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 26th, 2010, 01:25 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Sounds like fun , I've been wanting to write my own fan-fic instead of reading and commenting on everyone else's. This is the perfect way of getting my feet wet. I'm in.
Old June 27th, 2010, 10:58 AM

Okay, here is some information transfer.
Volunteers-

1)Gold1
2)Takanuva
3)flameslayer93
4)bumper15
5)Dragonfire9788
6)Dysole
Now, here is Gold's ideas-

1. Utgar's coliseum. This is based off of the scenario posted by Craig Van Ness on heroscape.com. The theme could be a rescue attempt of some prisoners or an escape attempt by the prisoners themselves. Many viewpoints can be shown from Utgar's fighters to the crowd to the captured allies.

2.Secret ops. Lets say there is an important battlefront which is vital to the war. Both sides want it but Utgar has a current foothold in the area led by one of his cheif leaders (Cypren, Taelord, Ne-Gok-Sa, whoever) He is currently on the verge of pushing the allies out of the area entirely but each general has selected a warrior or two to form an elite group that will cross over into enemy lines and open up a window for the allies to regain ground and remove Utgar from the area permanantly.

3.Seige. A small group of soldiers mixed with allied forces comes to a fortress with the realization that no more troops are coming after them. They are the last reinforcements for a fought after wellspring. Utgar is sending in a vast hoard of gruts, and marro to claim it. Will the fortress withstand the mighty unslaught or will the walls fall beneath Utgar's fist?

Takanuva's idea-

We could have a story that starts in Toril(Or whatever world D&D figures come from) and ends up in Valhalla, and it describes the journey through the Underdark required to get there. The the Generals have to try and convince them to join their different sides(Or they could just make their own side)

So, please discuss what you'd like to do with this.

edit- flameslayer's idea

We could do a story about a kyrie tribe not previously mentioned in HS history. The kyrie weren't known by the generals as they would often be blobs in their vision. These kyrie had their home invaded by rampant goblins and orcs and soon they showed the poor DnD natives some devastating magic and combat moves. Well Utgar gets word and captures the kyrie tribe. Time for a jail break!

Last edited by mysterium; June 28th, 2010 at 05:53 PM. Reason: more sign ups
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:36 PM

We could do a little bit of everything, and have it keep jump ingaround to the different 'stories' within the story. Then in the end it could all be tied together.
Old June 27th, 2010, 06:12 PM

*Tumble weed*
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:39 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takanuva View Post
I'll Participate, but someone has to start first...

"Thie night was moist......"
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:40 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

I like Takanuva's "tie everything in" idea

-Start with Gold's #1 idea, Takanuva's idea and Flamesayer's idea
-These groups meet up and play out Gold's #3
-After battle, remainder of group serves as the reinforcements for Gold's #2.

The beginning of this would be a little hectic, if we did this we would probably have to assign certain "authors" parts, until they all met.
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Say that the various groups(gladiators of coliseum,dnd guys, and kyrie tribe) all get captured/summoned to the arena and have a jailbreaking experience. They go the <fort, castle, whatever> to defend it. After being recognized as veteran fighters, they are sent out to perform a war-changing mission.

As this is a circle story, it could be based on assumptions of what each original theorist believed and then being continued by another and so-on and so-forth. It being a hectic start is what'll make it so fun and challenging.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 27th, 2010, 09:20 PM

Okay, so were going to go with the "tying it in". Would everyone like to go off of there idea? Then we could begin to merge the stories. But, would people prefer this to be a true circle story you write one paragraph, then me, then you, etc.), a more RPG literature work (a story with each of us having a main character), or a group collaboration (we get the skeleton then assign parts to whoever's willing)? I like a combination of the second and third, we have an idea, now we all just try and advance the story.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction