Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old September 13th, 2016, 09:38 PM

Monochrome_Night is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Purely ATOP Custom Scenarios

Does anyone have any custom scenarios that only use the three AOTP sets that they have tested and use? I never got to play Heroscape, but I've seen objective-based gamemodes on it and I'd really like to play some scenarios like those in AOTP.
Old September 13th, 2016, 10:26 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Purely ATOP Custom Scenarios

So far, it looks like no. With that said, each of the AotP sets so far has had at least one scenario. If you have all three sets, that makes for, I think, over half-a-dozen scenarios.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 14th, 2016, 09:47 AM

Our group of four has one of each set, but we still feel the amount of scenarios is very low, especially after taking a look here at Heroscape stuff and seeing how many different scenarios exist. Often there's only three of us playing AOTP, and we don't always want to play Free-For-All or the newer Ambush scenario. We never got to play Heroscape, so we're not able to translate scenarios form that into AOTP.
Old September 14th, 2016, 03:14 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Have you tried the Eldrazi Ruiner scenario in Zendikar?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 14th, 2016, 08:18 PM

Yeah, twice. It's fun. The Ruiner is so OP lmao.
Old September 15th, 2016, 10:06 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

See all the heroscape Official Maps & Scenarios including the combined PDF of them all. I know you are asking for AotP scenarios, but many of them have special scenario rules and goals that can be easily adapted for Magic:Arena, irregardless of the terrain or map, especially some of the Lost Scenarios.
Old September 15th, 2016, 10:22 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

I was doing a demo of AotP for some newbies and we did a 2 vs 2 game. I used Treasure Glyphs from Heroscape for the "Revenant's Tome" (because it has a book on it).

The scenario was that there were pages of a great magic spell book on the battlefield. When a Planeswalker had the book they could cast a Spell from a different color (since we had 4 players the color that wasn't chosen was the color of the spell book).

There were 4 treasure glyphs on the board, but only 1 was the spell book.

URZA'S ANCIENT TOME
When a planeswalker with this treasure starts their turn, they may draw a card from the Urza's Spell Deck. That planeswalker may cast a spell from Urza's Spell Deck as if they were that color of planeswalker.

When this planeswalker takes 1 wound, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 3 for each wound received beyond the first. If you roll a 13 or higher, nothing happens. If you roll a 12 or less, choose an opponent. That opponent places this treasure glyph on an empty space within 2 clear sight spaces.

You mention that you don't have Heroscape, so you can proxy or buy glyphs a al carte:
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p303612.html
Old September 16th, 2016, 01:11 PM

Thank you for your suggestions. I will be looking into the Heroscape stuff.
Old March 30th, 2017, 01:35 AM

Fineas Woo who?

I am making a campaign book for the cannon story of shadows over inistrad and eldritch moon tonight. I will post it when I finish. It uses all three sets. It will require making maps from books but they are quick to set up compared to classic heroscape with the cardboard terrain. I will have a page or two with papercraft terrain like the helvault and the cathedral stain glass, but those will be optional
Old August 20th, 2017, 12:52 PM

DireHalfling is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fineas View Post
I am making a campaign book for the cannon story of shadows over inistrad and eldritch moon tonight. I will post it when I finish. It uses all three sets. It will require making maps from books but they are quick to set up compared to classic heroscape with the cardboard terrain. I will have a page or two with papercraft terrain like the helvault and the cathedral stain glass, but those will be optional
Any chance you completed this?
Old August 30th, 2017, 05:38 PM

obisean is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireHalfling View Post
Quote:
Any chance you completed this?
Seconded. This sounds like a really fantastic project. I'm even willing to throw some assistance behind it, if needed.
Old January 15th, 2018, 01:05 PM

Dragnaxx32 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
I think we'd all like to see this. Any progress, or have you given up?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender