Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 10th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Shang Tsung - Public Playtesting

There were moments to me when the Flaming Skulls felt on the strong side. That's because it's swingy as all hell - if you get a skull on the first roll, it'll probably be good. If you don't get a skull on the first roll, it's likely a damp squib. It's a high-risk, high-reward SA. It's definitely worth using if he fails his shapeshift, or if he doesn't have a particularly good offensive shapeshift option. Honestly, the only ability I never used was his unshifted normal attack!
I'm cool with him wanting to shift most of the time - that's the focus of the card. Oh, and you're definitely supposed to be able to shapeshift into dead figures (the only exception to that rule being if they're 'removed from he game', say by Thanos's Permanent Death SA).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 10th, 2019, 12:49 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Intrigued to see what you come up with today, Spidey. Maybe something will show.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 11th, 2019, 04:15 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

My playtests, unfortunately this took a little longer because I played human opponents.
Quote:
- THEME TEST/ Each opponent felt that he was really powerful at times, but felt he was pretty great. Unfortunately, I realized at the end of the night that my army was slightly high at 1010.
- MIRROR TEST/ I don't think is an issue.
- BONDING TEST/ His mirroring both opponents and allies was awesome!
- SYNERGIES TEST/ Loved pairing him with Captain America (C3G, Spider-Man, and Zatanna I. Each offered a really good reason to want to clone them. Cap, to continue his boost and also give him the auto shield in Defense, Zatana for Magical Defense and her other powers, and Spider-man mostly for Spidey-Sense 9 and Swing Line.
- POWER CHECK/ No issues.
- FUN TEST/ Very fun. My favorite part is that he is still formidable when he fails to copy.
- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ The funny thing is my opponents were too concerned that Shang would copy their figures to worry about Spider-man, Cap, and Zatanna. Which lead to some major awesomeness!
- DRAFTING TEST/ Definitely worth it I think.
- USAGE TEST/ In three tests, I used Flaming Skulls only occasionally. He usually had better options to copy and keep.
- STRATEGY TEST/ It is very interesting that the Copy is a "may" because once I copied the right person, I never wanted to switch back or roll again.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Shang Tsung
Army Test
Map: Sewer Entrance Map
Units: Shang Tsung, C3G Captain America, Zatanna I, and Spider-Man (Pete C3G) vs Nightwing, Cyborg, Raven, Starfire, Beast Boy, With T-rex, Ptero, Cheetah, and Bear forms.
Unit Summary
Damage: 1 wound put on Zatanna and Spider-man each. Put one on Raven early. All got Soul Markers.
Abilities: Shang missed 5 of first 6 shapeshifts, but then went on a tear. 3 Shape Shift Markers placed.
Spoiler Alert!

Unit Summary
Attack Damage:
Bunch with Fist Fusillade (FSSA - first rolls – all skulls for 0, 2, 3 wounds, second rolls 0, 1, 2 wounds)

Soul Steal:
Flash and Spider-Man

Shape Assuming Sorcerer:
Spider-Man to get next to Flash. Then Flash (with boost from Cap) to avoid Flash, then Spectre.

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Summary
Attack Damage:
Bunch with Captain Marvel’s stats (FSSA only one on Punisher)
Soul Steal:
Captain Marvel and Captain America

Shape Assuming Sorcerer:
Captain America to keep the boost and raise Defense once. Then Marvel (with boost from Cap) to pummel people.

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Oh, he is awesome. Really thought I was going to go 3-0 with him, but alas Spider-Man failed me in the last match. I think based on how close my games were that he might be better at 270. But I'm willing to also let him ride at 280. Ironically, the lowest point team he faced (with Punisher) is the one he lost to. He is so freaking fun. Love him! He is very well balanced and I think Soul Swap and the Soul Markers are the best thing about him. I wonder if he will become a go-to figure for every build? Now I am leaning toward leaving him at 280, possibly raising him. He is VERY draftable.
GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: His Defense doesn't suck on its own and his Special Power isn't bad on its own. But he can really take advantage of who is on the Battlefield with him, which is so much fun. My friends want to play against him again already!
Tests updated.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee

Last edited by Spidey'tilIDie; March 12th, 2019 at 04:02 PM.
Old March 11th, 2019, 09:05 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

If he was showing that strong, stretching as far as 300 may be appropriate. I don't think we want Shang Tsung to be a character who appears in every army build.

Old March 11th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Though I don't think it's strictly necessary, I wouldn't blink at seeing him at 300. I remember suggesting 290 earlier?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 11th, 2019, 10:02 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I will try to run a set today. It’s probably not needed, but I’d like to have an informed take.
Old March 11th, 2019, 10:22 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I will try to run a set today. It’s probably not needed, but I’d like to have an informed take.
Definitely will help nail down his cost. He feels perfect cost-wise at 280 (quick details of other two tests- One life win and one life loss.) Problem is he is pretty easy to put in any Army as "back-up key piece". I'd love to see your mileage. Maybe I'm overestimating. I was thinking 290 tops.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
Old March 11th, 2019, 05:25 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Shang Tsung

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Shang Tsung(290), Star-Lord(250), Darkseid(380) (920)
vs.
The Warriors Three (920)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; March 12th, 2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old March 11th, 2019, 05:29 PM

Ran a game. I did notice one thing that needs altered, which is his special attack. It wouldn't make much sense to attack 3 different figures, then have the bonuses stack. So to get the bonuses, it should require those attacks be on that specific figure. So either we lock it to just 1 figure for all 3 attacks, or put in wording that only allows the bonus for skulls rolled against that figure this turn, so you can choose to do 2 on 1 figure then a 3rd on another, without the bonuses from the attacks on the other figure.

Other than that, I'm not worried about the design. Didn't get a chance to use Soul Steal, but I figure that part has been more of a focus already in testing so no issues there.

I'd say 280 or 290 is fair. No real preference. We should be good to wrap up once you decide.
Old March 11th, 2019, 07:06 PM
C3G's First Fan

Heh, yeah, I agree. I actually played the SA that way without realizing that was not how it was written. I'm working on my write ups for the last two tests. Gonna try to be a little less specific because that sucker took me 2 hours to write up!
I am leaning toward 280 too.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old March 11th, 2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Heh, yeah, I agree. I actually played the SA that way without realizing that was not how it was written. I'm working on my write ups for the last two tests. Gonna try to be a little less specific because that sucker took me 2 hours to write up!
I am leaning toward 280 too.
I've slowly learned how to make my testing more efficient and a lot of it comes from the write up. I used to detail every move on every turn, but now I play out the entire game and only record the unit's stats (such as when it deals a wound or activates an important power) and then type a one-paragraph summary of the game at the end. My 2-game normal playtests used to take ~3 hours, now I can get through them easily in 1.5 hours.

Old March 11th, 2019, 10:29 PM

Sounds like you streamlined like I did.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library