Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 14th, 2019, 11:57 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Shriek (Waiting On Initial)

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Shriek

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Shriek @160, Icicle, Harley Quinn (I) (440) vs Batwoman, Batgirl (Babs), Nite Owl (440)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Shriek @160, Carnage (440) vs Batwoman, Batgirl (Babs), Nite Owl (440)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Shriek @160, Carnage, Star-Lord, Harley Quinn (I) (820) vs Captain America, Bucky, Venom (C3G), Agent Venom, Atom (820)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Initial in progress. Ran the two smaller games I was thinking about. Feeling alright as a support piece so far. Not super dynamic, because she mainly does her thing passively, but "flying around and whammying people while Carnage brutalizes them" is pretty much on point. I think she'll have more occasion to get directly involved in bigger games, though. Still not 100% sure what I'm doing in game four, but I wanted to run her with Joker once.

Planning on wrapping up this weekend.

Last edited by Ronin; November 15th, 2019 at 11:47 PM.
Old November 16th, 2019, 12:05 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Shriek (Waiting On Initial)

Okay, I ran game three here, and I wanted to pump the brakes and do a little refactor.

I think Maximum Carnage isn't really working for me as-is. I expected it to only come into play every so often, but it feels even rarer than I expected, and that makes it super easy to overlook. It just feels like an element that's going to make the card difficult to play correctly, and isn't hugely impactful even when it's remembered.

Distinctly missing from the card, though, are Shriek's motherly impulses and focus on found family (of monsters).... I think she could use a little something to represent that side of the character and bring it through.

She also pseudo-adopts Carrion and Demogoblin during that story, but Doppelganger (the six-armed Spider-Man monster there) is the one she was tightest with; he actually genuinely thinks of her as his mom and they show up together a lot to this day.

Not sure what I'd do to play up that side of the character yet, so I'll plan on testing Wonder Woman while I mull it over. Totally open to any thoughts here!
Old November 16th, 2019, 01:22 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Shriek (Initial Initial Up, Discussing Tweak

Well, mothers are usually protective. So maybe something that let's her either take an attack for someone else or gets an attack boost when attacking a figure that wounded a member of her family.
Old November 16th, 2019, 01:42 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

She definitely does seem protective in that comic.

If you wanted to resurrect Maximum Carnage, you could always limit it to your figures only and add an attack boost to it. Having to attack + attacking harder feels more like carnage to me.

But, yeah, I'm not sure if forcing players to attack does much most of the time because ... that's kind of what I want to do on my turn anyway, and if I'm within 4 spaces of Shriek there's a pretty good chance I can target her.

I guess if you run her against TMNT and/or with stoppers like Jean Grey there's a chance of forcing someone to hit their own people, but you'd really have to build around that for it to be reliable, I think.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 16th, 2019, 04:19 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
But, yeah, I'm not sure if forcing players to attack does much most of the time because ... that's kind of what I want to do on my turn anyway, and if I'm within 4 spaces of Shriek there's a pretty good chance I can target her.

I guess if you run her against TMNT and/or with stoppers like Jean Grey there's a chance of forcing someone to hit their own people, but you'd really have to build around that for it to be reliable, I think.
For sure. And I expected that effect to some degree, but it's a little more prominent than I realized, and the overlookability of it kinda sinks the idea for me.

After mulling it over, I was kinda thinking about doing an OM rescue/freak-out effect (a la Sif), but we did just do something like that on Red Wolf so I'm leery of going back to the same well too many times. Maybe change it up a bi to be a little more 'actively protective' instead of just avenging someone, though?

Quote:
Whenever a [whatever our tag for Shriek's kiddos is] in your army receives one or more wounds, you may choose to immediately move all Order Markers from that Hero's card to this card. If you do, for the rest of the round, Shriek rolls one additional die when attacking figures adjacent to that Hero.
So it lets her save OMs on destruction, but also lets her bail her kids out when they become unsafe places for OMs.
Old November 16th, 2019, 07:00 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I would just give her the straight up extra attack. The theme holds if her kiddo is destroyed and she's seeking vengeance or if she has to try to fight her way out of engagement with a different figure to get to her kiddos. So the conditional aspect really isn't needed thematically, IMO, and mechanically she's not so tough an attacker that I'm worried about her getting an unconditional +1 attack in those instances.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 16th, 2019, 08:34 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I do think the "saving OMs" power is a well we've been going to a lot recently. But it's thematic here.

I guess mechanically, what armies are we wanting her to gel with? What weaknesses would a Carnage/Doppelganger/Demogoblin/Carrion army have? I'm assuming OM flexibility would be a big one, since none of them are OM management types, so that might be appropriate here.
Old November 16th, 2019, 11:06 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I would just give her the straight up extra attack. The theme holds if her kiddo is destroyed and she's seeking vengeance or if she has to try to fight her way out of engagement with a different figure to get to her kiddos. So the conditional aspect really isn't needed thematically, IMO, and mechanically she's not so tough an attacker that I'm worried about her getting an unconditional +1 attack in those instances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I do think the "saving OMs" power is a well we've been going to a lot recently. But it's thematic here.

I guess mechanically, what armies are we wanting her to gel with? What weaknesses would a Carnage/Doppelganger/Demogoblin/Carrion army have? I'm assuming OM flexibility would be a big one, since none of them are OM management types, so that might be appropriate here.
I think my concern with just the extra attack is that without some kind of other tweak that makes her more apt to get an OM or an activation, it's not apt to amount to much (unless you're talking about a fairly significant attack boost).

Like johnny's getting at, her most thematic allies aren't OM management types and I like encouraging that, mechanically, more than I like the idea of encouraging builds that feature a top-down OM manager.

As an alternative to the straight-up OM save, you could do something more like:

Quote:
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Unique [kiddo] Hero you control and instead of taking a turn with that Hero, you may take a turn with Shriek. During this turn, Shriek may [add to her attack number against figures adjacent to the kiddo she's bailing out, or maybe allow her to attack all figures adjacent to the Hero she's bailing out, whichever. Possibly Starfire-style boost-per-wound on the kiddo effect].
That actually feels like it hits the protective theme a little better for me than the OM save version, while still hitting the right sort of factional mechanic.
Old November 16th, 2019, 11:51 PM

Actually I was just saying to do exactly what you had, just not to restrict the attack boost based on whom she attacked any.

But I like what you've got there. You could do an add to her movement based on figures engaged with kiddo, ala Raven, and then let her attack all figures she's engaged with that turn.

Old November 16th, 2019, 11:54 PM
Symbiotic

Oh, gotcha, my misunderstanding.

I think I prefer the second direction anyhow as well, though. She's already moving for free with Psycho Love (and wants to be fairly front-line with Sonic Disorientation), so I'm not sure if the Raven-style extra move would be a big deal.
Old November 16th, 2019, 11:56 PM

Probably my incomplete wording, looking back. I blame lazy phone posting.

But, yeah, I think you hit the theme better with this newer take.

Old November 17th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Symbiotic

Okay, so right now

Quote:
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Unique [kiddo] Hero you control and instead of taking a turn with that Hero, you may take a turn with Shriek. During this turn, Shriek rolls one additional attack die against figures adjacent to that Hero.
Big question with this direction is to figure out how we're marking out the kiddos.... Carrion, Doppelganger, and Demogoblin don't really have an easy, obvious class or personality overlap. Personality especially would be hard to unify the tag on... you'd need something like "Ferocious, Sadistic, or Insane".

Class-wise, I don't know, maybe there's something you could fold them all into, but nothing intuitive jumps out at me. They're all monsters, but monsters of very different stripes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library