Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 14th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Tul-Bak-Ra in a Hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
...you can't pick up a glacier and put TBR underneath (you didn't think ofthat one, did ya )
Actually, I did:
Quote:
I checked all the BoV maps and none of them have a large enough space for TBR to hide. Now only if he could teleport inside glaciers.

Quote:
I think we will be heading for a ruling along the lines of "TBR cannot teleport to a space that a normal move canot take you to" or something along those lines (obviously my wording is poorly thought out, because it excludes the spaces only flyers can get to, but you get the drift)
Actually, I like it the way it is. People probably would think you a jerk for doing it, but it is a teleport after all. Maybe this is a question for the Rules Team?
Old June 14th, 2009, 02:15 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

It definitely breaks the spirit of the game, but IF (big 'if' there...) you are allowed to move tiles to place a figure then it is still a legitimate move. This will definitely be the cause of a new FAQ entry, either about moving terrain to place figures or to limit his teleport to preserve the spirit of the game.
Old June 14th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Some things simply don't need rulings at all. This is one of them...

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 14th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
So you're implying....
Old June 14th, 2009, 02:22 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Quote:
So you're implying....
No.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old June 14th, 2009, 02:25 PM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I honestly disagree. If there is a space within 10 spaces on the same level that he can fit on, whether it be in clear sight, under an overhang, or under a mountain, it's OK.

Not that I'd ever exploit that in a game or design a map with that ability in mind, however. It is not a good idea to include in a map, but possible nonetheless.
Space under a mountain is not a "space".
Old June 14th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

It would help if you read the Glacier rules.

Glacier Mountains are towers of ice that block normal movement and line of sight. Figures may NOT LAND ON or move through Glacier Mountains.

As I can tell,the hexes under the glaciers when on the map are solid. There for a figure can't Teleport there.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.

Last edited by iceman3317; June 14th, 2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old June 14th, 2009, 06:05 PM

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobu View Post
Quote:
I honestly disagree. If there is a space within 10 spaces on the same level that he can fit on, whether it be in clear sight, under an overhang, or under a mountain, it's OK.

Not that I'd ever exploit that in a game or design a map with that ability in mind, however. It is not a good idea to include in a map, but possible nonetheless.
Sure they can be. As long as there is an overhang with a hex underneath it is a space, regardless of how you can enter.
Old June 14th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
So it needs to be ambiguous?
Old June 14th, 2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobu View Post
Quote:

Yes, a second post.

I believe you and I are imagining different things. Suppose I build a column seemingly out of 7 hex tiles but hollow like so:

6 6
5 5
4 4
3 3
2 2 T

The numbers represent each hex and its corresponding level; T is TBR. TBR should be able to enter the column, right? Is there a difference if this were an entire mountain? He should be able to enter unless there are certain restrictions such as there are against entering glaciers.

6 6
5 5
4 4
3 3
2T2
Old June 14th, 2009, 07:37 PM

smileydude560 Woo who?

I personally think it would be a useful tactic, if you were ahead on points and TBR is your only unit. I would laugh so hard.
Old June 14th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
Quote:
... 1) You can't remove terrain to place TBR ...

... 2) You can't get underneath the mountain with a regular move or flying, but TBR would be able to teleport there without any legal issues. He would be invulnerable and able to attack...

3) I think we will be heading for a ruling along the lines of "TBR cannot teleport to a space that a normal move canot take you to" or something along those lines...
1 & 3) Agreed.

2) My Zombie Pit problem exactly.

Zombie Pit - Above View

Zombie Pit - Side View

Without moving any tiles, Tul-Bak-Ra decends into the pit and then escapes through the walls to a safe unaccessable tile.
This is so easily fixed.

"All open hexes outside the pit on level 1 are not playable and are used for map support"

Done.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's