Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 8th, 2013, 09:51 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Red Robin - Design Phase

Maybe cut his move to 5 if he can fly now? Or are you fine with him being that fast?

I'm fine with a flying symbol.
Old March 8th, 2013, 10:12 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I'm fine with Flying as well. 6 move may be much though.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'm still fine with relegating that ability to a Glyph (one that we could possibly release alongside him?) but if you're good with Flying on the card I'm fine with it.
I'd be fine with the glyph approach too, but it sounds like Flying is going to be needed to keep everyone happy with using this mini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Maybe cut his move to 5 if he can fly now? Or are you fine with him being that fast?

I'm fine with a flying symbol.
Great call. I'll throw the Flying symbol on there, drop the move to 5, and send this out to ERB tonight! Thanks, guys!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 9th, 2013, 01:05 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm also dropping his defense to 4, since Flying really frees up his options for the Utility Belt, and I don't want his cost exploding on us.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 9th, 2013, 02:03 AM

Thanks!

Yeah, Attack Plan is meant to be a less effective version of Secret Attack Plan, of course. He's a big time schemer, so I wanted to represent that.

I think it'll mostly come into play when he or his teammates need an extra boost against a figure that's much tougher than them. For instance, if Red Robin ends up staring down Superman, he'll probably use it a lot, because he's not getting very far with just that base attack of 4!

Also, selling out by doubling up with Oracle promises to be fun as well.

But, yeah, you'd want to use it carefully, for sure.

Thanks for the speedy input!
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
Looks good. Cool to see Tim growing up!

Attack Plan will rarely be worth it, me thinks, unless you really need to kill a figure. Still nice to have in certain situations, and an interesting continuation of Oracle's Secret Attack Plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
He used to be Robin (um, at least pre-New 52). Now he's Red Robin. Apparently he has a flight suit or whatever. Anyway, here's what I came up with! As always, your thoughts and comments are much appreciated!

Cheers,
Bats

NAME = RED ROBIN
SECRET IDENTITY = TIM DRAKE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 170

UTILITY BELT 1
At the start of the game, after Order Markers are placed, before initiative is rolled, you may place one Utility Equipment Glyph of your choice on this card. Red Robin cannot lose this Equipment Glyphs by any means unless he is destroyed.

ATTACK PLAN
Before a figure you control attacks with a normal attack, you may reveal and remove a numbered Order Marker on this card and add one automatic skull to that attack.

BO STAFF
After moving and before attacking with a normal attack, you may subtract any number of Robin's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die. For each die subtracted in this way, you may attack one additional time.

FLYING

Old March 9th, 2013, 01:27 PM

Thanks! This is actually (I believe) the first time we've used the Bo Staff power, but it's been floating around on a few write ups previously. Attack Plan is actually a variation on the previously done Secret Attack Plan, but they're pretty close.

I'm glad you're digging him!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
He used to be Robin (um, at least pre-New 52). Now he's Red Robin. Apparently he has a flight suit or whatever. Anyway, here's what I came up with! As always, your thoughts and comments are much appreciated!

Cheers,
Bats

NAME = RED ROBIN
SECRET IDENTITY = TIM DRAKE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TITAN
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 170

UTILITY BELT 1
At the start of the game, after Order Markers are placed, before initiative is rolled, you may place one Utility Equipment Glyph of your choice on this card. Red Robin cannot lose this Equipment Glyphs by any means unless he is destroyed.

ATTACK PLAN
Before a figure you control attacks with a normal attack, you may reveal and remove a numbered Order Marker on this card and add one automatic skull to that attack.

BO STAFF
After moving and before attacking with a normal attack, you may subtract any number of Robin's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die. For each die subtracted in this way, you may attack one additional time.

FLYING
Don't know this character well and all the powers are reused so this design looks solid. Nice work Bats and gang.
Great stuff, David!

Sounds like we need a Beast Boy, Honey Badger form!!

I'll adjust the wording on the Utility Glyph.

Thank you kindly!
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Red Robin

Here’s a great idea for you guys, and you don’t even have to give me credit!

Galactus is a lot of fun, because you can use him to tear down your maps. But how about this: what about designing a figure that tears apart figures? That’s right! A roll of 18+ (you might have to tweak this during playtesting), and you can rip off a piece of a figure on the battlefield. Tear off the Invisible Woman’s legs! Grab Mandarin’s rings the easy way by ripping off his whole arm! Yank off Lizard’s tail! And how about those pointy Amazon Warriors’ spears? Off you go!!!

Where are you people going? Come back! I’m a genius, you hear? A genius!!! I can hear you breathing in the Sanctum! You can’t hide from me forever!!!

Hey, it’s the weekend, and we’re supposed to get some great weather. Let’s get it kicked off with a check of this design!

Utility Belt 1
For consistency with Batman II, perhaps: “are placed and before initiative”. And naturally, you had to cut out some of the wording due to Red Robin only getting one glyph.

I love the Utility Glyphs already produced, so there are a lot of great items for Red Robin to march into battle!

Attack Plan

A numbered Order Marker will cost a turn, so it’s pretty pricey. In the right situation, though, it could be handy.

Bo Staff

I like this! Check to make certain that rules lawyers can’t crack this, but the intent of this is that the reduced dice apply to each attack, and not just the first (ex: 3 attacks with 2 dice each is intent, assuming no height or other bonuses).

I like these abilities that allow you the option to adjust attacks/defenses, such as Deathstroke’s Calculated Defense and Dum Dum Dugan’s Marksmanship.

Flying

“Fly, Robin, Fly” by the Silver Convention. A great song from the 1970s!

Final Thoughts

Lots of great stuff, and Red Robin looks like he’ll be fun to play.

This ERB has been checked and clear of any possible subliminal messages.

Old March 9th, 2013, 10:19 PM

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (RED ROBIN)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS with the 5 defense giving him a bit more staying power.

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS with the Titan Synergies, Utility Belt options in the future, and 5 defense for sure. I do wish he synergized better with the Gotham bunch, but he works well with Oracle at least, and I imagine he’ll work well with future Nightwing and Blackbat Titans. Hopefully even Stephanie Batgirl.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS Which Utility Glyph to grab, when to use Attack Plan if at all, whether to subtract attack for Bo Staff, etc.

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.

- What should be the unit's point value? 140.
- Give a brief overview. I was split between 140 and 150, but losing two convincingly to Catwoman at 145 helped clear that one up.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 130-140?
- Give a brief overview. Red Robin doesn’t quite have what it takes to survive well against squads.
Map: Custom
Units: Red Robin vs. Street Thugs x2 (150)
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 120.
- Give a brief overview. This one felt pretty even, until Red Robin’s attack rolls betrayed him near the end.
Units: Red Robin vs. Arkham Inmates x2 (120)
Spoiler Alert!

At this point I upped Red Robin’s defense to 5 and decided to play him at 150 in the Army Tests.

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? .

- What should be the unit's point value? 140-150.
- Give a brief overview. Red Robin, despite the theme of it, really doesn’t fit into this army. He needs to be in a Titan build. He’s also better off with the Shuriken than any other Utility Glyph, except maybe the Kryptonite Gauntlets versus Kryptonians.
Units: Red Robin (150), Batgirl (130), Oracle (110), Black Canary (190), Robin (Damian) (90), Anarky (110), Spoiler (50), Huntress (170) (1,000) vs. Martian Manhunter (300), Flash (250), Wonder Woman (300), Vixen (150) (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 150+
- Give a brief overview. Red Robin felt much better with more synergistic teammates, versus a weaker opponent.
Units: Red Robin (150), Wonder Girl (140), Lagoon Boy (90), Starfire (210), Cyborg (200) (790) vs. Werewolf x3 (390), Morbius (250), Count Vertigo (160) (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IAmBatman; March 12th, 2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:20 PM

Tests updated through the squad tests. I'm upping his defense to 5, and then I like him at 150 so far. I hope to do the Army Tests on Wednesday.

Old March 11th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 12th, 2013, 12:21 AM

I lied. I got a second wind and finished him up tonight. I like him as is at 150. 24 hours on the clock!

Old March 12th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Pre-yea for testing at 150

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You broke a second wind?
Pre-yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library