Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 19th, 2018, 07:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Groot (Baby) - Vote for Initial

Guardian for a Class?
Old June 20th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Okay, I've been thinking about it and I plan to press forwards with this version of Groot (I've decided that, on reflection, Sidekick's the best class I can think of).

NAME = GROOT

SPECIES = FLORA COLOSSUS
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SIDEKICK
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 2

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 75?

RAGTAG TAG-ALONG
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Hero you control, and taking a turn with that Hero, if Groot is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Hero, and neither share a species or class with any other figures in your army, you may take an immediate turn with Groot. During this turn, Groot can only attack figures engaged with another figure you control. You may not take any additional turns with any other figures you control.

CARRIED
Once per player turn, before moving a friendly adjacent Small or Medium Unique Hero, if Groot is not engaged, you may choose that Small or Medium Unique Hero for Groot's Carried special power. After moving the chosen figure, you may place Groot on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure.

TOO ADORABLE TO KILL

An opponent's figure cannot target Groot for an attack or choose him for a special power if it could instead target another figure you control, and may not make leaving engagement attacks against Groot. Cruel, Nihilistic, and Sadistic figures are not affected by this special power.

Is everyone satisfied with this? @Ronin , @Arkham , @Tornado , @japes , @Yodaking , @johnny139 , @Spidey'tilIDie , @SirGalahad , @dok , @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebaer ?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 20th, 2018, 09:59 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'm okay with it. Johnny's version is a lot more evocative. I bet he'll come in higher than 75 (especially now that army-building is easier), but I'm willing to see how it goes.

You do need to rename your version of Carried. It isn't quite the same.

Is he supposed to be able to move during his Tag-Along turn?
Old June 20th, 2018, 09:59 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd consider dropping his move to 4 (or even 3), since he's got stubby little legs and is going to be Carried most of the time anyways. But otherwise yeah, I dig that.
Old June 20th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yes, he is meant to be able to move on his Tag-Along turn - it feels more thematic and shouldn't be a gameplay issue now he has to attack a figure engaged with another figure you control. As for the different version of Carried, I confess I was simply reworking it from what was in the OP without thinking to look up Atom's version, and am happy to change it to that - I have no issue with Tiny figures being able to lock him down or him being carryable by Giant Man and other Large or Huge figures, the only real differences between the powers. Also, great idea johnny for reducing the Move - it's more thematic and makes Carried more valuable. Three feels a bit far - it's at that extreme end where it would need to feel iconic to be justified, to me - but four makes sense.

How do people feel about this:

NAME = GROOT

SPECIES = FLORA COLOSSUS
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SIDEKICK
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 2

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 75?

RAGTAG TAG-ALONG
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Hero you control, and taking a turn with that Hero, if Groot is within 6 clear sight spaces of that Hero, and neither share a species or class with any other figures in your army, you may take an immediate turn with Groot. During this turn, Groot can only attack figures engaged with another figure you control. You may not take any additional turns with any other figures you control.

CARRIED

Before moving a friendly adjacent figure that is not Tiny, if Groot is not engaged with any Tiny figure, you may choose that figure for Groot's Carried special power. After moving the chosen figure, you may place Groot on any unoccupied space adjacent to the chosen figure.

TOO ADORABLE TO KILL
An opponent's figure cannot target Groot for an attack or choose him for a special power if it could instead target another figure you control, and may not make leaving engagement attacks against Groot. Cruel, Nihilistic, and Sadistic figures are not affected by this special power.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 20th, 2018, 03:18 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sidekick actually works well here. Since he can't share a class with the figure he tagging along with it will keep him out of the Titan/Sidekick builds.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 20th, 2018, 04:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I'm okay with Sidekick and move 4 sounds good. Tiny figures preventing him from being carries seems a bit odd though, it made sense for the Tiny Atom but not the Small Groot. Maybe just go back to the Small Carried power name and just drop the Tiny engaged part.
Old June 20th, 2018, 04:17 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, I'm okay with Sidekick and move 4 sounds good. Tiny figures preventing him from being carries seems a bit odd though, it made sense for the Tiny Atom but not the Small Groot. Maybe just go back to the Small Carried power name and just drop the Tiny engaged part.
That feels like it fits, except I was, in all honesty, never really a fan of the Small Carried name (it always felt clunky to me), and it would make less sense now he can't just be carried by Small figures. If we can think of a better name, I'd be for it - or is this a case for having the same power name but slightly different text? It's 90% the same anyway - not much different from what Classic did with Charos's Counter Strike vs. that of the Samurai figures, with other Samurai being immune to a Samurai's Counter Strike but not Charos's.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 20th, 2018, 05:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I was drawing a blank on a name as well, which is why I suggested the small carried. I'm okay with reusing Carried with the tiny engagement part dropped but I don't know how the other heroes feel. How about something like Ride-A-Long or Along for the Ride as the power name?
Old June 20th, 2018, 06:03 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Rag-Tag-Along

Lets go for a Ride

Ride Share

Joy Ride
Old June 20th, 2018, 06:06 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

"Hitch a Ride" would work.

Otherwise perhaps make it Tag-Along and find a new name for Ragtag Tag-Along.

Because I never took it as Groot being carried, he's more riding on their shoulders, head, or back etc.
Old June 20th, 2018, 06:16 PM

I like Hitch a Ride.

Shoulder Mount.

What about re-using Ragdoll's Clingy?

CLINGY
After a figure ends its movement, if that figure was adjacent to Ragdoll during its movement, you may immediately place Ragdoll adjacent to that figure, if possible.

Interesting that one does not have a Tiny restriction. Does that work on thrown DOs?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library