Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 25th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Promotions Dept. - SSE 44: Friday the 13th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Cyclops suffers mostly in adaptation - I don't think he's been written interestingly in any of the cartoons/movies/video games out there. Sort of stuck being the straight man.
Yeah but most people think that Superman is a sanctimonious prick, so I'd say Cyclops got the better deal.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old May 25th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Cyclops isn't a crazy-powerful telepath, but he is a much better natural leader than Xavier.

Quote:
Cyclops suffers mostly in adaptation - I don't think he's been written interestingly in any of the cartoons/movies/video games out there. Sort of stuck being the straight man.

If there's an adaptation that doesn't downplay Cyclops in favor of making Wolverine look cool, I've yet to see it.
Old May 25th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Quote:
Yeah but most people think that Superman is a sanctimonious prick, so I'd say Cyclops got the better deal.
I don't find Superman to be a sanctimonious prick, I just find him, from what I see, to be a good man who tries to do the right thing - and that's the problem. That's all he is. I have trouble thinking of a character trait other than 'good'.

If anything, based on the 90s X-Men cartoons, I'd say Cyclops was the one I'd describe as a sanctimonious prick.

~ Lazy Orang, who's not really a Wolverine fan either - mostly I like Beast and Gambit.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 25th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Quote:
I don't find Superman to be a sanctimonious prick, I just find him, from what I see, to be a good man who tries to do the right thing - and that's the problem. That's all he is. I have trouble thinking of a character trait other than 'good'.

If anything, based on the 90s X-Men cartoons, I'd say Cyclops was the one I'd describe as a sanctimonious prick.
The thing is, Superman isn't perfect. Superman stumbles, and falls like the rest of us. He's just a man, but one who was gifted with godlike physical and intellectual power. Superman makes mistakes, but in the end he's a guy who tries to do his best.

The thing about having that godlike power though, is that it makes him feel like an outsider. That's why he and Batman get along so well, they both know what it's like to feel alone in the world. Superman knows that because he has that got like power, he always has to stay in control. If he doesn't, people WILL die. Superman wants to help people, but he's terrified of killing someone by just touching them.

I feel like most people already know this, but for some reason people don't really immediately think of it.

Edit:

Quote:
~ Lazy Orang, who's not really a Wolverine fan either - mostly I like Beast and Gambit.
Beast actually annoys me a little because despite the fact that he looks like a big furry monster, he has a pretty good life. He has lots of friends who care for him, he's had several girlfriends who were genuinely attracted to him, and he's a respected scientist. I understand that being turned into a furry monster man is traumatic, but he should have learned to cope over time because of all of this love. It's almost selfish that he still hates his appearance, even though he's become a very famous figure in the mutant community, and the fact that he hates his own mutant body completely undermines the mutant pride that he preaches all the time.

Gambit's ok. I can't think of any gambit that I've read though, so I only know him as a charming rogue.

Wolverine has basically become a friendly pit bull, as well as a new Professor X. He loves his students and fellow X-Men to death, but if you mess with them he's going to rip off your face, and I kind of love it.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!

Last edited by laughing matter; May 25th, 2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old May 25th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
He's really gotten the short shrift in any movies or television adaptations, which makes the general public think he's just a stick-in-the-mud. I mean, he is a stick-in-the-mud, but it's usually a more nuanced portrayal. He's the guy who spends his free time training or memorizing battle strategy because someone has to. He's the guy who never eases up or relaxes, because that could put the people he loves in the danger. Really, he's the guy who cares too much, which is why recent shift to revolutionary/terrorist makes total sense. He's seen Mutants come close to extinction again and again, and he'll be damned if he's going to let it happen.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 31st, 2016, 09:01 PM

Barry allen is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
He's really gotten the short shrift in any movies or television adaptations, which makes the general public think he's just a stick-in-the-mud. I mean, he is a stick-in-the-mud, but it's usually a more nuanced portrayal. He's the guy who spends his free time training or memorizing battle strategy because someone has to. He's the guy who never eases up or relaxes, because that could put the people he loves in the danger. Really, he's the guy who cares too much, which is why recent shift to revolutionary/terrorist makes total sense. He's seen Mutants come close to extinction again and again, and he'll be damned if he's going to let it happen.
Agreed, that sums him up.
Old June 5th, 2016, 08:37 AM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!

Yup! There is so much more to Cyclops than people generally give him credit for.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old June 5th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Never Forgets

Wow! Somebody's a bit of a neromancer! I think Superman is just as bad lately, but at least Superman had a good depiction in the first two Superman movies.

Old June 16th, 2016, 10:04 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

You demanded him, now here he is! ROVER is ready to destroy!

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old June 19th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Promotions Dept. - ROVER is ready to destroy!

SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 45
PROFESSOR IVO'S AMAZING ANDROID

Amazo

C3G would like to wish all the super-dads out there a happy Father's Day! Nothing defines fatherhood quite like a day out with your son - learning new things, seeing new places, stealing the powers of the Justice League, conquering the Earth...

To celebrate, here's Amazo, the automaton born 56 years ago this month! The might of Martian Manhunter, the will of Wonder Woman, the feats of the Flash, the guts of Green Lantern, the ability of Aquaman, and more, all in one peculiar package.

~C3G Promotions Team
Old June 20th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Promotions Dept. - Amazo!

Nice bonus for my first Father's Day as a dad.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 20th, 2016, 10:53 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Promotions Dept. - Amazo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Nice bonus for my first Father's Day as a dad.
Be sure to rep the LD then. I don't think he gets enough credit around here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy