Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 7th, 2016, 12:39 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Gen Con 2016

I won the Planeswalkers event with Jace and the Eldrazi Ruiner as my army (10 points light). I used mostly base spells, with one or two from Zendikar and 1 from the new master set.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 7th, 2016, 07:57 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I won the Planeswalkers event with Jace and the Eldrazi Ruiner as my army (10 points light). I used mostly base spells, with one or two from Zendikar and 1 from the new master set.
Nice work! I can see the Ruiner being really tough to handle in 500 points. I'm hopeful we move towards 600 points being standard. Did you see any other Ruiners? Were any of your matches particularly close or notable?

Also, did you get sweet prizes?
Old August 7th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Grats caps. That is what I was going to run, except with Kiora.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 7th, 2016, 09:39 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
That is awesome! Grats!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 7th, 2016, 11:54 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I got dice, which I thought was pretty sweet as I had never got any before this year.

The Ruiner was good but Jace did most of the work. It turns out that 7 range and 5 attack is really really really good; especially when you can move your minions around with spells and then teleport next to them to the highest points on the map. Imagine that.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 7th, 2016, 01:37 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Nice going, Cap S. Yes, Jace I feel is the Favored Son, and I don't even know MTG the card game.
Old August 7th, 2016, 11:30 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness

GenCon didn't go so great for me this year But I did want to give a shout out to Cleon for what I thought was a very classy move. He was playing Doombaby (who I came to GenCon with) in the last round and was already 4-0 at this point. Doombaby was 3-1 at this point, and he'd more than likely need a win to advance. The two of them had time called when the game was nearly complete. Cleon could have retreated his Alastair for a certain win on time, but he instead chose to march Alastair toward Sgt Drake for a showdown (along with a very angry MacDirk). Anyway, not to oversimplify the situation, but it was probably around a 50/50 chance that he finishes off Drake that turn, and if he doesn't finish him off, it was a near 100% chance that Drake would be able to finish the job. Had Cleon been 3-1 at this point, I wouldn't have faulted him at all for choosing to retreat, but having day 2 already locked up, I thought it was classy to finish the game. It was clear he was aware of the situation too. It's cool to see that kind of sportsmanship
Old August 8th, 2016, 01:08 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I was one of 3 people that went 3-1 in the magic:Arena tournament (not sure who was second in points), and we all got smoked by @capsocrates - I lost withing 5 minutes, his summoner killed my summoner in 2 turns and the he played a card to unsummon my squad. We played again "for fun", and my summoner got killed again maybe within 3 turns - Jace is just too good, I should have just ran away after summoning.

For other events I did horribly. I did not do good in @dok 's 2016 Thusday Night Classic, because everyone took out a lot from my cheezy army and I never played it but was not good at what others brought.

For the C3V/SoV Take Two Chaos of Battle , I did not look at at it closely and though it ran like cut the cake, so brought one too good army (Knights) that whoever won the dice-off at the beginning picked and was guaranteed a win, so it was not fun that the game was decided with a D20 before it even started.

In the main event, I basically just played horrible and still need to improve my game. I went 2-3 and maybe could attribute one loss to a bad match-up, but I really could have won a couple others if I just played better.

Overall I had fun, and hopefully could come back again.

Last edited by lefton4ya; August 8th, 2016 at 08:43 AM.
Old August 12th, 2016, 10:11 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_poison View Post
GenCon didn't go so great for me this year But I did want to give a shout out to Cleon for what I thought was a very classy move. He was playing Doombaby (who I came to GenCon with) in the last round and was already 4-0 at this point. Doombaby was 3-1 at this point, and he'd more than likely need a win to advance. The two of them had time called when the game was nearly complete. Cleon could have retreated his Alastair for a certain win on time, but he instead chose to march Alastair toward Sgt Drake for a showdown (along with a very angry MacDirk). Anyway, not to oversimplify the situation, but it was probably around a 50/50 chance that he finishes off Drake that turn, and if he doesn't finish him off, it was a near 100% chance that Drake would be able to finish the job. Had Cleon been 3-1 at this point, I wouldn't have faulted him at all for choosing to retreat, but having day 2 already locked up, I thought it was classy to finish the game. It was clear he was aware of the situation too. It's cool to see that kind of sportsmanship
Thank you Joe! It came down to my 80pt. MacDirk to his 70pt. 4th Mass giving me the 10pt. edge (in addition to our 110pt. heroes). Like you said I could have won that game by retreating both units because Drake couldn't make it to me in that position. But I knew I was 4-0 and assured day 2, and felt bad he (3-1) was paired with me while the other two 4-0's played (R˙chean and Vegie). So I decided to advance and battle it out; this way he was most likely going to either grab the win if he killed Alastair, or at the least tie me by killing my MacDirk after I killed his Mass. The tie, I think, will also garantee him day 2. So I advanced and it turned out he won the final engagements. There was a slim chance of me killing his Drake but it was very unlikely. Glad to send him to day 2, I know the feeling of being a game away 5th round and it's not fun.

And it was great to see you again dude, it's been awhile. Wish we could have played a game, maybe next year
Old August 12th, 2016, 11:03 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

yep - that Cleon is a class act I tell ya, good guy. It was all so much fun. I need to keep track of my battles, I never remember much by the time I get home,

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old August 29th, 2016, 03:46 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
yep - that Cleon is a class act I tell ya, good guy. It was all so much fun. I need to keep track of my battles, I never remember much by the time I get home,
. Much Love
Old September 7th, 2016, 08:29 AM

Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker Bonesaw knows what's in an order marker

Quick questions- Do these Heroscape tournaments actually appear on the Gen Con event list for anybody to try to get tickets or do you have to be connected to this forum in order to get in. It's just my two buddies and I are already planning on going to the 2017 GenCon, with the main reason being to get in on some 'scape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con