Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 30th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

I'd love to play as I found A&A to be fast and simple fun. I'm just a cheapskate now so I'll have to pass on War Room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 9th, 2017, 08:48 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Having backed a few Kickstarted games, and played a few more that other people own, it seems to me that some of them offer 'overproduced' games with cool stuff, that don't have much of a game behind them. I very carefully don't back these, just as I wouldn't buy them retail. Part of the purchasing problem with KS is that since you don't usually get reviews of games before the backing period is over, you can't make educated buying decisions. With what games cost these days, I almost never make a blind purchase in general.

Its been quite a while since I bought a game I didn't like. I suppose resale is always an option for many people, but I've never gone that route.
Old November 9th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great insight chas. Thanks for sharing that.

That has me curious what others feel about the KS process.

I guess I am asking what lessons people have learned from KS and what is most important to you when deciding if you will back a KS?
Old November 9th, 2017, 09:44 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
In another universe, where, perhaps, you and I worked or lived closer together, G-O, I would play games like this. I love everything about it (except the WW2 setting, for visceral reasons), but I would never ever play.
Maybe a retirement home someday. LOL
Old November 9th, 2017, 03:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I have KS several games now but I generally only KS games that have a mini component where I feel I'm getting good value from the acquired minis alone. Then if the game play turns out to be fun and entertaining, great! If the game play turns out bland and forgettable, then I'm still happy with the mini purchase. The GoT game I just recently KS is one I'm not really sure how often I'll actually play if at all. That buy was more about getting a bunch of sweet GoT themed minis for me to (hopefully) one day paint up.
Old November 9th, 2017, 05:55 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Interesting.

Do you think that has to do with your Heroscape association?
Do you think that holds true for the majority of KS supporters?

Does KS get feedback like that?

With something like GoT, I wonder how many backed it just because they like the show, how many for just the minis and how many for the game play?
Old November 9th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I backed Joan of Arc mainly for the minis, but I am also hoping the gameplay is solid. So far it looks like it will be.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old November 9th, 2017, 06:25 PM

Thanks MM!

I am thinking perhaps there will be a higher rate of 'backed for the minis' here on Heroscapers.
Old November 9th, 2017, 07:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I believe the 'backed for the minis' crowd is the majority as I've seen the mini heavy games on KS get backed for hundreds of thousands of dollars (Zombiecided has passed 1 million more than once) while a non mini board game tends to get only tens of thousands of dollars in backing. People like to know they are getting something of a known physical value for their pledge dollars when the game itself is an unknown. You could research the past KS games to confirm this theory, see which ones brought in the most money and I suspect they all have a mini component of some kind.

As for the GoT KS, there are several GoT themed games you can already buy in a store (I own one) so those who did KS the minis one, did so for the minis and/or the game play (looks kind of like Warhammer in terms of game play and that is a popular table top minis game) rather then just because they like the show. My buddy also joined the GoT KS and I know it was only for the minis as he buys and paints WH40K minis but has yet to play a single game of WH40K.
Old November 9th, 2017, 07:12 PM

Thanks YK!
Old November 9th, 2017, 08:10 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

On the note of hundreds of thousands of dollars, White Wizard Games was pretty successful with their Star Realms Frontiers Kickstarter; they broke a million. Their Kickstarter for Sorcerer just got the goal of $100,000 on the first day.

Interestingly, I'm reconsidering my backing of Sorceror. I thought it would have more of a board game / miniature / tactical component, but it seems that the "board game" part is mostly just having three different battlefields or arenas to play cards in simultaneously. And rolling dice (which I do like a lot). I'm not sure what it will do for me that I don't already get from Hero Realms, Star Realms, or occasionally Epic (well, besides dice).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 13th, 2017, 03:46 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I just Kickstarted Richard Borg's The Great War: The French Army Expansion. I got the Early Bird Veteran Package, which will be available for another 66 hours:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games