Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 10th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Hourman (Rick Tyler) - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Oh, well then I'm wrong about it being purely a better version of Gypsy's power, since her's *is* before initiative, and *can* help Ozy.
Yeah, that was intentional. I wanted to make it as useful as possible in general builds, but I didn't want it being broken in certain combos. Removing Ozy was an easy fix, but I'm still concerned about Joker and Mad Thinker.

Quote:
One other weird idea - Apoc gives Hourman the Reality Gem.
Ooh, that'd be fun. Do you think there's a viable build with those two? I'd be interested in trying it out.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 10th, 2015, 03:03 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Truth be told Apoc doesn't have to give it away - he could just use it himself with Hourman knowledge.

Aside from that I don't see a ton of cross-synergy between them, so I'd just lean towards Hourman, possibly his wife, and then standard Apoc stuff. Forge is nice for his gem-copying abilities.
Old May 10th, 2015, 03:38 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Truth be told Apoc doesn't have to give it away - he could just use it himself with Hourman knowledge.

Aside from that I don't see a ton of cross-synergy between them, so I'd just lean towards Hourman, possibly his wife, and then standard Apoc stuff. Forge is nice for his gem-copying abilities.
Hmm, yeah, if Apoc keeps it that sounds a little stronger. I'll try that build out.

Old May 11th, 2015, 06:14 PM

Hey guys, I was putting together some games for Hourman in an Apocalypse build and I came across a couple odd questions:
1) If Apocalypse has the Reality Gem, can he use it and then activate one of his Horsemen? Or does the "before taking a turn with this figure" wording require Apocalypse to take the turn? I thought we already made a ruling on this type of wording, but I can't remember what it was.
2) How does the Glyph of Replicator interact with the Reality Gem? Can you replicate the Reality Gem and then use it? They have the exact same trigger, so I believe you could use the gem after replicating it, but I'm not certain.

Old May 12th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think he's suggesting something like this:

MIRACLO DOSING
Start the game with 3 purple Miraclo markers on this card. Before rolling for initiative each round, if there is one or more Miraclo marker on this card, you may reveal an “X” Order Marker on this card to activate or deactivate Miraclo Dosing. While Miraclo Dosing is active, Hourman gains the Super Strength special power and adds 2 to his Move, Attack, and Defense numbers. At the end of each round that Miraclo Dosing is active, remove one Miraclo marker from this card.

And then what you have for Miraclo Injection could be used on his dad. It's interesting at least.
Well, I'm not opposed to this version, but the above seems kind of messy to me. What happens if I don't reveal an "X"? Does it continue with the same effect as the previous round or does nothing happen?
If you can activate something and deactivate it, then once activated it stays in effect until deactivated. Seems pretty intuitive to me.

That said:

Quote:
MIRACLO INJECTION
Once per game, at the start of a round before Order Markers are placed, you may place 3 purple Miraclo Markers on this card. Before rolling for initiative each round, if there is at least one Miraclo Marker on this card, you must either reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card or remove a Miraclo Marker. If you remove a Miraclo Marker, for the duration of this round, Hourman gains the Super Strength special power and adds 2 to his Move, Attack, and Defense numbers.
That version works just as well. Does it even need to be that complex, though? Why not just:
MIRACLO INJECTION
Start the game with 3 purple Miraclo Markers on this card. Before rolling for initiative each round, if there is at least one Miraclo Marker on this card, you may remove a Miraclo Marker. If you remove a Miraclo Marker, for the duration of this round, Hourman gains the Super Strength special power and adds 2 to his Move, Attack, and Defense numbers.
What's the upside of all the extra mechanics or decision making?

Quote:
Hey guys, I was putting together some games for Hourman in an Apocalypse build and I came across a couple odd questions:
1) If Apocalypse has the Reality Gem, can he use it and then activate one of his Horsemen? Or does the "before taking a turn with this figure" wording require Apocalypse to take the turn? I thought we already made a ruling on this type of wording, but I can't remember what it was.
2) How does the Glyph of Replicator interact with the Reality Gem? Can you replicate the Reality Gem and then use it? They have the exact same trigger, so I believe you could use the gem after replicating it, but I'm not certain.
What I believe to be the correct answers:

1) No. He'd be required to actually take a turn, not use an "instead of taking a turn" power.
2) Yes. You should be able to replicate it and use it, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 12th, 2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:
MIRACLO INJECTION
Once per game, at the start of a round before Order Markers are placed, you may place 3 purple Miraclo Markers on this card. Before rolling for initiative each round, if there is at least one Miraclo Marker on this card, you must either reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card or remove a Miraclo Marker. If you remove a Miraclo Marker, for the duration of this round, Hourman gains the Super Strength special power and adds 2 to his Move, Attack, and Defense numbers.
That version works just as well. Does it even need to be that complex, though? Why not just:
MIRACLO INJECTION
Start the game with 3 purple Miraclo Markers on this card. Before rolling for initiative each round, if there is at least one Miraclo Marker on this card, you may remove a Miraclo Marker. If you remove a Miraclo Marker, for the duration of this round, Hourman gains the Super Strength special power and adds 2 to his Move, Attack, and Defense numbers.
What's the upside of all the extra mechanics or decision making?
Huh, yeah, we could probably slim it down like that. Though I do worry a little bit about the theme not coming across right, it could easily be misinterpreted that he has three pills or something that each last a round. I think the use of the "X" gives it more of a feel of him doing something to pause the Miraclo, especially when combined with the mechanic of you choosing when to inject it.

I guess it comes down to what people think feels more thematic, and/or if the extra mechanics are worth it for the extra theme. What does everyone else think?

Quote:
What I believe to be the correct answers:

1) No. He'd be required to actually take a turn, not use an "instead of taking a turn" power.
2) Yes. You should be able to replicate it and use it, IMO.
That's how I would play both of them, but I wanted to check with you guys before I actually ran the game.

And, by the way, I did knock out two games with him yesterday, and I'll post them all once I get the third one done.

Old May 12th, 2015, 10:38 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Change the power name to MIRACLO DOSING to go with the streamlined text, and I think that gets across the theme.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 14th, 2015, 07:22 PM

Here's a couple games with the current SP. I was trying to abuse his Hourglass power, and while you can make some nasty combos, I'm not too concerned. For the most part, Gypsy can already do anything he can, but better in some cases. I do want to raise the roll on it up to 11 though, just to play it safe, and because I don't want his main build being one that abuses Hourglass.

I didn't bother running any hero or squad tests because half of his design isn't even useful in those games. I do want to play him with Liberty Belle a couple times before looking at moving forward.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Hourman

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Hourman, Captain Marvel (Batson), Mad Thinker, Vision (1,005 points) VS Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch (Johnny), The Thing (1,000 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Hourman, Commander Rogers, Joker (I), Oracle, Zombie, Diablo (1,000 points) VS Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Phantom Girl, Lightning Lad, Colossal Boy (1,015 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Dark Dimensions (no glyphs or special rules)
Units: Hourman, Apocalypse (with Reality Gem and Space Gem), Cable, Spider-Girl (1,215 points) VS Yellow Lantern (Sinestro), Yellow Lantern (Arkillo), Sinestro Corp Soldier x5 (1,190 points)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: I didn't play him with Jesse and never really got him into battle yet, so I can't judge him very well. Hourglass is a touch strong right now, but I think upping the roll to 11 will solve that.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Like above, I've barely gotten to actually use him yet, so I can't really say much.

Old May 15th, 2015, 11:05 AM

Re: The Book of Hourman (Rick Tyler) - Initial Playtest Phas

Alright, so while I'm working on my Liberty Belle tests, I want to settle which version of Miraclo we want to go with, so that means poll time!

Please vote for which version is your favorite:
Option A:
MIRACLO INJECTION
Option B:
MIRACLO DOSING

Old May 15th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I like A. I think the choice of when to start using the markers is interesting.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 15th, 2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
You get to choose when to start using the markers regardless. The only difference is that in A you have to be prepared to stop using them (with the help of the X) if you don't want to use them all at once.

Feels needlessly complex and cumbersome (and wordy) to me, rather than letting the elegance of the theme and mechanic buried within the power shine through. B for me.

Old May 15th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
You get to choose when to start using the markers regardless. The only difference is that in A you have to be prepared to stop using them (with the help of the X) if you don't want to use them all at once.
Which is what I mean, and what I like about it. With B, you just use the markers whenever you plan to use Hourman in battle. With A, you have to make a choice and commit, or plan to use the up your X.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library