Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old January 9th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Project Pokemon: Glyphs/Items Thread

Welcome to the Project Pokemon

Glyphs/Items Thread

(General discussion about Project Pokémon occurs here.)
(Visit the Playtesting Thread here.)
(Participate in the Design Thread here.)

Glyphs/Items Team
Team Lead: Warlord Alpha
NightSwipe
DeathDoom

Consultants: wulfhunter667,
White Knight

Purpose of the Glyphs/Items Thread
The purpose of the Glyphs/Items Thread is to design the glyphs and items for the Project Pokemon Master Set.
Old January 9th, 2011, 07:52 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Project Pokemon: Glyphs/Items Thread

Warlord Alpha will be leading the Team that will be designing the glyphs and items for the Project Pokemon Master Set.

The main items I'd like to see are Potion, Pokeball, and Great Ball (which we'll need for some of the scenarios in the Master Set). Others will be up to the team.

From the previous thread, here is the most recent list of possible items:

Healing Glyphs:
Antidote
Awakening
Burn Heal
Potions
Full Heal (all status effects)
Ice Heal
Paralyze Heal
Revive

Combat Glyphs:
Guard Spec (disables special attacks)
Dire Hit
X Attack/Defend/Special/Speed

For scenarios:
Pokeball
Great Ball
HP UP

Badges:
Cascade
Boulder
Rainbow
Thunder
Soul
Marsh
Volcano
Earth

Vitamins
Calcium
Carbos
Iron
Protein

Other Items (Pokescape only)
Escape Rope (return all Pokemon to start zone)
Poke Doll (distract Pokemon w/i 4 cls into attacking it)
Repel (prevents Common Pokemon from coming w/i 2 spaces, kinda like Air Elemental)
Itemfinder (view unrevealed glyphs)
Poke Flute (awakens all sleeping Pokemon)

Remember, we have several more Waves to go before this is done, so many of the items can be saved for future Waves.
Old January 9th, 2011, 09:04 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

You'll have to forgive my ineptitude, I never really played the FireRed/LeafGreen games enough times to know the badges for them. I am... well-versed, shall we say? in Gen. 3 and 4.

We could probably have the items on the Trainers, like Treasure Glyphs, and they could be used either at the end or beginning of rounds.

I think I'll wait for a bit more activity before posting some more ideas.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old January 9th, 2011, 09:47 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

If you use the items like treasure glyphs in D&D Heroscape, I think things like "Burn Heal" or "Antidote" are unnecessary because of their very situational usefulness. "Full Heal" to remove all status effects, or maybe something like "Remedy" to remove one status marker (if more than one are possible at a time - i forget what we decided there) would work, however.

The items that remove specific status effects will just be useless too often, though.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old January 9th, 2011, 09:57 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I meant that you would purchase them at stores (or find them in the field) in between games, and they would stay on the Trainer card until activated.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old January 11th, 2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post
I meant that you would purchase them at stores (or find them in the field) in between games, and they would stay on the Trainer card until activated.
I was thinking that way too.

About Status Effects: the general consensus was to allow only 1 status marker at a time. That's how I've been playtesting Paras.
Old January 15th, 2011, 01:48 AM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

Reporting in!
Are we intending to focus primarily on Pokeballs and Potions at the moment?
Old January 15th, 2011, 02:23 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Has anyone considered potions as just one time use draftable items? Something like this.

POTION

Once per game you may use this Potion. Remove (1) Wound Marker from one Pokemon you control.

20 Points?

That would make them simple and much easier to use in a traditional game.

Old January 15th, 2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Has anyone considered potions as just one time use draftable items? Something like this.

POTION
Once per game you may use this Potion. Remove (1) Wound Marker from one Pokemon you control.

20 Points?

That would make them simple and much easier to use in a traditional game.
That's a good idea. Let's keep that in mind as a possibility as we design these things.

As for what we will focus on first, I was waiting on Warlord Alpha to give some direction since he asked to be Glyphs/Items Team Leader. Maybe he's been busy this week...
Old January 15th, 2011, 01:43 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

The whole draftable items would also help when you have your six pokemon max and still have points left to spend.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old January 15th, 2011, 01:49 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

X Attack(or any other stat boost)

At the beginning of the round you may use this X Attack. Add 1 to the attack of any 1 Pokemon you control until the end of the Round. You may only use this effect once per game.

10 points?

Reason behind the low cost. Most pokemon use special attacks, so an attack boost wouldn't be a huge benefit.

Old January 16th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

All right. Just realized that this thread had been made

Anyways, first step is always organization. What needs to get done and how do we plan on doing it?

For what needs to get done, we need to decide how these are going to enter gameplay, how they are going to be used, when they are going to be used, and of course we need to decide what items we have and what they do.

Can anyone think of anything else?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum