Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:08 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Project Pokemon Finalization Thread (Cerulean City added)

Welcome to the Finalization Thread

for Project Pokémon!

(General discussion about Project Pokémon occurs here.)

Project Pokémon Trainer Cards here.
Project Pokémon Playtesting Cards and thread here.
- Kangaskhan
- Bulbasaur
- Dratini
- Sandslash
- Wartortle
- Mankey
- Lapras
- Parasect
- Ivysaur
- Charizard
- Pidgeotto
- Blastoise
- Dragonair
- Jynx
- Primeape
- Kadabra
- Haunter
- Onix
- Venusaur

Project Pokémon Scenarios here.
Project Pokémon Design Thread here.
Project Pokémon Glyphs and Items here and here.

Goals of the Finalization Thread

This thread provides the last opportunity for Trainers and Allies to review and give final approval to Pokemon that have passed playtesting. We will also discuss final card aesthetics including the Pokemon picture, Pokemon background, and overall layout of the abilities text.

Rules of the Finalization Thread

"The most important rule to remember is to please keep things polite. We are all working toward the same goal. Although we will not always agree with one another, all we ask if that you be polite about the way you express your opinions. If you cannot express your opinion nicely simply do not comment. If you find fault with another person's conduct, PM another core group member or myself." -Wulfhunter667

Rules

1) Card designers (and anyone else) can suggest a Pokemon picture and/or background for the Pokemon.
2) The Art Department will be responsible for incorporating all changes to the cards.
3) Votes will be called for when needed.
4) After a final vote on a card, it will move to the Project Pokemon Display Thread.
5) Only one card will be in Finalization at a time.

FINALIZED CARDS

Charmander

Pikachu

Pidgey

Magnemite

SQUIRTLE

SANDSHREW

ABRA

SCYTHER

CHARMELEON

GASTLY

PARAS

CURRENTLY IN FINALIZATION

(Coming Soon--waiting on Kangaskhan and Bulbasaur in playtesting)

PROJECT POKEMON RULEBOOK--Draft #1
I tried to collect all the rules we've generated for Pokemon battles and compile them into a single rulebook. It is still just a draft and needs lots of reviewing.

The Link is here:
Project Pokemon Rulebook - Draft #3

Viridian Forest Expansion Set:

Viridian Forest Expansion Set
Viridian Forest Battlefield (VirtualScape file)

The set includes the Viridian Forest Scenario for Project Pokemon and Heroscape cards for Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Weedle, Kakuna, and Beedrill.

Route 1 Battlefield (VirtualScape file)

Pewter City and Pewter City Gym Expansion Set

Route 3 Expansion Set
Route 3 Battlefield (VirtualScape file)

Mt. Moon and Route 4 Expansion Set

Cerulean City and Cerulean City Gym Expansion Set

Route 14 Expansion Set

Route 15 Expansion Set

Route 5 Information (Powerpoint file)
Route 5 Battlefield (VirtualScape file)

Route 19 Map (VirtualScape file)

PROJECT POKEMON MSE FILES
Create your own Pokemon Heroscape cards!

Below are the links to the Project Pokemon MSE files. After downloading and unzipping the files, following the directions in the ReadMe file. You'll need to install MSE here first before installing the Pokemon card files.

Project Pokemon Card Blanks 1
Project Pokemon Card Blanks 2
Project Pokemon Card Blanks 3
Project Pokemon Card Blanks 4
Project Pokemon Card Blanks 5
Project Pokemon Card Blanks 6
MSE Update Files

Project Pokemon Card Blanks 7 (Johto #1)
(with updated MSE files needed and instructions)

Digimon Card Blanks (optional)

MSE makes creating Pokemon Heroscape cards quick and easy!

Last edited by White Knight; December 29th, 2017 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Added Additional Expansion Sets
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:14 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Project Pokemon -- Finalization Thread

PROXIES

Charmander

Pikachu

Magnemite

Pidgey

Squirtle

Sandshrew

Abra

Last edited by White Knight; December 14th, 2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:03 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, for the image of Charmander I would prefer just the Bulbapedia one, as the images for their Pokemon are all the exact same artist (and, by extension, style).

As for the background, neither seems to fit. The one with Ash seems like something that would be better to use for every single Pokemon because it is so generic. And the rocky one seems better suited to a Rock or Ground type.

The ability area's background should definitely not have clouds. In general clouds should never be used for anything in design. Just keep it a solid color, either a lighter shade of pink or white is fine.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:36 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

I agree that the bulbapedia picture is the one we should always use by default. The charmander's presented look almost too cuddly to be taken seriously (yeah, I know this is Pokemon but still...).

As for the background, I dislike both that were presented. The mountainous one would be great for a rock type though as WA said. I think fire types need a fire background. Nothing too flashy though. An open flame on black background would look good I think.

Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:58 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
I agree that the bulbapedia picture is the one we should always use by default. The charmander's presented look almost too cuddly to be taken seriously (yeah, I know this is Pokemon but still...).

As for the background, I dislike both that were presented. The mountainous one would be great for a rock type though as WA said. I think fire types need a fire background. Nothing too flashy though. An open flame on black background would look good I think.
Or a kind of variation of the Utgar unit backgrounds (not necessarily the same, but volcanoes would be cool, if it meshes well with the cartoony-ness of the Pokemon).

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:20 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, if you are looking for something from the cartoon, why not the volcano from Cinnabar Island? One second, lemme see if I can find a shot of the magma/lava...
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
The ability area's background should definitely not have clouds. In general clouds should never be used for anything in design. Just keep it a solid color, either a lighter shade of pink or white is fine.
Every single Pokemon trading card has clouds for the text, so it's not like something new.

As for the Charmander background, it's hard to find a good anime volcano or fire drawing in the Pokemon watercolor style. If anyone has picture suggestions for Charmander's background please post a link or the picture. I'll look for some as well. Screenshots of backgrounds from Pokemon episodes work well.

I don't know about locking ourselves into the Bulbapedia pictures. The trading cards use a lot of different artists with varying styles. If several people want to use only the Bulbapedia pictures I'll put it up for a vote. Tomorrow I'll add the Bulbapedia Charmander as one of the options.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:14 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Do you all want to see a standard background for each type? Always some sort of lava or flame for fire-type, lightning bolt for electric, etc? That can be done, though the dual types might prove tricky.

I agree with White Knight. The Bulbapedia pictures are great, but we should be open to other images.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:37 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

First of all, Mac and WK, I want to thank you both for working so hard on these cards. The work you have done so far is outstanding and I am sure the finished product will be superb. Second, I personally like the colored text background. Is different without being to harsh to read and I definate change of pace from Classic HS cards. Third, again, I know some of you HATE the CCG, but you really should look at some of the artwork for them. I found these images of CCG cards I think would look fantastic on our card.
Spoiler Alert!

What do you guys think?
Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:37 AM
Caster of Crying

That first card is actually really cool. I don't like the art style on the second card though.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 03:04 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Do you all want to see a standard background for each type? Always some sort of lava or flame for fire-type, lightning bolt for electric, etc? That can be done, though the dual types might prove tricky.

I agree with White Knight. The Bulbapedia pictures are great, but we should be open to other images.
Dual you could do in I think a few ways.

1. Just go with their primary type. Bulbasaur is grass/poison, but you could just do his card as a grass card. Gastly is a ghost/poison pokemon, you could do his card as just ghost. Another good example would be Shedinja who is bug/ghost. Make his card a bug card.

2. You could do partial cards, so make half ghost and the other half poison (for gastly and his line). Personally I don't like this option.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:47 AM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

I like Option one here better. The only problem I see with this is with Pokemon like Swampert, where both types are greatly represented. But I think a swamp background might work in this case.

Maybe like a "Tower of Terror" kind of background for Gastly?

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum