Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 19th, 2009, 05:02 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: DnD Booster Coming Mar 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I would prefer that custom ideas stay out of threads like this because I like to read these threads, and I don't want somebody to post a custom and then claim it was stolen to make a Heroscape figure. . .
I think many of us here would love to have one of our customs "stolen" and made into a genuine HeroScape figure.
We may say that, but lawyers and corporations see it much differently. Just ask any musician about the phrase "unsolicited" and see how much they smile. If there is even a chance that the figure was designed by someone who was not on the payroll, the company opens itself up to all kinds of litigation.
Then they can pay me! And I'm cheap. How about a free copy of the final product? Is it a deal? I'll email the designs to you on Monday, or is Tuesday better? Anybody? And I swear I won't sue. Send me the paper work I'll sign. ANYBODY?
Old November 19th, 2009, 08:30 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I hope they use this sculpt of Drizzt

Spoiler Alert!
Old November 19th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

[quote=LordRaidorJr;959885]The characters I see coming out...minotaur, More Dwarf Heroes/ Unique Squads, More Black Dragons, Elemtars
Spoiler Alert!

First of all, one or two of those are Huge, so they'd only come out if we got a huge pack. Second, I don't think they'd select something as bland as the Large Fire Elemental (last one).

Third, don't expect them to be called Elementars unless we're rewriting their terminology. I think they chose that 'r' just to coin their own race, as they are natives of Valhalla, just like the Obsidian Guards have their own species name. D&D elementals are categorized as Elementals or Extraplanar.

Fourth, we have limited space (DnD expansions have 40-60 figures each, ours don't), and we have SO many other things that I think are more important than Elementals to represent. Even if they'd be a nice addition, I think its important to go for other things first.

After Drow/Dragon/Troll, the other iconic things to consider are Goblins/Hobgoblins/Bugbears, Illithids(Mind Flayers), some unique types of undeads like Bonewalkers and Liches, Beholders, other Dragons, Maybe Gnolls and Troglodytes, and of course figures that represent classes like Barbarians, Paladins, Rangers, etc.
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:17 AM

Minnion has disabled reputation

[quote=Robotech Master;960343]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidorJr View Post
The characters I see coming out...minotaur, More Dwarf Heroes/ Unique Squads, More Black Dragons, Elemtars
Spoiler Alert!

First of all, one or two of those are Huge, so they'd only come out if we got a huge pack. Second, I don't think they'd select something as bland as the Large Fire Elemental (last one).

Third, don't expect them to be called Elementars unless we're rewriting their terminology. I think they chose that 'r' just to coin their own race, as they are natives of Valhalla, just like the Obsidian Guards have their own species name. D&D elementals are categorized as Elementals or Extraplanar.

Fourth, we have limited space (DnD expansions have 40-60 figures each, ours don't), and we have SO many other things that I think are more important than Elementals to represent. Even if they'd be a nice addition, I think its important to go for other things first.

After Drow/Dragon/Troll, the other iconic things to consider are Goblins/Hobgoblins/Bugbears, Illithids(Mind Flayers), some unique types of undeads like Bonewalkers and Liches, Beholders, other Dragons, Maybe Gnolls and Troglodytes, and of course figures that represent classes like Barbarians, Paladins, Rangers, etc.
I have said it before and will say it again, Gelatinous Cubes, because there is ALWAYS room for Jello.

If I had to pick chars for this I would go with a few of the following
Minsc, his special would be like whip but wold be called "Go for the eyes Boo!"
Gelatinous cubes again, just because killer slime cubes amuse me.
Yes a Lich would be nice.
Throw in a few Hags and some more Giants to keep Jotun company and I think we have things covered for a variety, unless you want a giant space hamster too(I dare someone with a live hampster to put it on HS terrain and take a picture just so we have an idea of scale...)

Aside from that for classic scape I wouldn't mind seeing pirates, maybe some missisipi river pirates if that fits better theme wise..
Mobsters, or at least some 1920s lawmen...
More WWII solders from all sides of the conflict.

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:25 AM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryougabot View Post
My roommate from college always talked about a famous Kinder. For the life of me I can't remember his name, does anyone here know it. If he is in the set, I would get it for my roommate.
Tasselhoff Burrfoot, who did die in the books.
Twice actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I nominate this thread as the nerdiest, most obscure discussion I've heard in the last month. Or more.

Ok, carry on.
I know and isn't it great!

What about a figure similar to Lord Soth from Dragonlance/Ravenloft? I think a death knight would make quite an awesome Heroscape figure.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old November 21st, 2009, 08:46 PM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart

the biggest elemental there is the large fire elemental and its not that big of a piece. but if we are to get an elemental figure i want the large ice elemental it fits nicely on a large figure base
Old November 21st, 2009, 09:13 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I had an interesting thing happen today. My Walmart, which previously was not stocking wave packs anymore had 3 full sets of wave-9 in stock. No big deal there. They had clearanced their wave-9 before, so I took one to one of those scanner things to see if it was also clearance priced and it's scan came up 'Heroscape DND'. Price was regular, just thought that was interesting.
Old November 21st, 2009, 09:22 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWK9000 View Post
the biggest elemental there is the large fire elemental and its not that big of a piece. but if we are to get an elemental figure i want the large ice elemental it fits nicely on a large figure base
Just wanted to point out that the one forming the big molten fist is the Huge Fire Elemental from War of the Dragon Queen.
Old November 21st, 2009, 10:22 PM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

The only thing I want the D&D waves to really be, is something that is reasonably priced in points that can fit in with the current heroscape metagame.

I'd really hate for a 450 point Drizzt character or some equally ridiculous stuff like that.
Old November 21st, 2009, 10:26 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattyZ View Post
The only thing I want the D&D waves to really be, is something that is reasonably priced in points that can fit in with the current heroscape metagame.

I'd really hate for a 450 point Drizzt character or some equally ridiculous stuff like that.
Don't worry.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 21st, 2009, 11:04 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
I had an interesting thing happen today. My Walmart, which previously was not stocking wave packs anymore had 3 full sets of wave-9 in stock. No big deal there. They had clearanced their wave-9 before, so I took one to one of those scanner things to see if it was also clearance priced and it's scan came up 'Heroscape DND'. Price was regular, just thought that was interesting.
It sounds like a deal has been hammered out between WotC and WM prior to production and WM has already gotten ready for it by putting it into its system. This is probably the kind of thing we were looking for with the Marvel waves. Its probably also why wave 9 didn't ring up for most people initally, they were waiting for information or some such thing that happens between buisnesses.
Old November 21st, 2009, 11:39 PM

TheLorax is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattyZ View Post

DnD vs. Robo-rats?

Go get 'em lawful good paladin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News