Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 14th, 2015, 08:16 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

YK,

Interesting. That was Gale Force 9's first game, before Firefly, and I know they made expansions for it as well. Its not really my kind of subject, although I did see the series. So please tell us more as you play again!
Old November 14th, 2015, 08:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Will do.
Old November 14th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Three player game of Dominion, which I won. Four player Sentinels of the Multiverse game today against Miss Information (win), six player game of Flashpoint: Fire Rescue (we failed miserably, but partially due to playing shockwaves wrong - whoops), and four player game of Pathfinder Adventure Card Game which we won far, far too easily.

We're almost done with the 3rd adventure path in the base box for PACG and it's just too easy. Half the time we don't even have to roll when facing monsters. For veterans of this game, has anyone else had this problem? Does it get harder?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 14th, 2015, 11:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

One of my girls wanted to play Flashpoint @IAmBatman , but the other didn't. So we ended up playing a game of The Hobbit Love Letter (I have that one, the original Tempest version and the Batman version ), and a game of Lost Legacy: Starship.

I won both

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 15th, 2015, 01:40 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Three player game of Dominion, which I won. Four player Sentinels of the Multiverse game today against Miss Information (win), six player game of Flashpoint: Fire Rescue (we failed miserably, but partially due to playing shockwaves wrong - whoops), and four player game of Pathfinder Adventure Card Game which we won far, far too easily.

We're almost done with the 3rd adventure path in the base box for PACG and it's just too easy. Half the time we don't even have to roll when facing monsters. For veterans of this game, has anyone else had this problem? Does it get harder?
Rise of the Runelords suffers from the min max syndrome. The very last fight in the game is tough but that's about it. Skulls and Shackles attempts to fix this by making the variety of checks too big IMHO. Wrath of the righteous heads back to the min max syndrome but makes the checks much much higher which i think is currently working. We are in the last adventure in wrath of the righteous and its very tough but beatable.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old November 15th, 2015, 02:28 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Played Roll for the Galaxy, Artifacts Inc, Red7, Tides of Time, and Burgle Bros at a boardgame marathon today. Had a lot of fun and did pretty well in all of the games.

We played a few things wrong in Burgle Bros, but in favor of the game in some instances and in favor of the players in others. Overall really enjoyed the design, art and thematic mechanics of this game. It's Oceans 11, Mission Impossible, Italian Job rolled up into a tight streamlined coop package.
Old November 15th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Played Roll for the Galaxy, Artifacts Inc, Red7, Tides of Time, and Burgle Bros at a boardgame marathon today. Had a lot of fun and did pretty well in all of the games.

We played a few things wrong in Burgle Bros, but in favor of the game in some instances and in favor of the players in others. Overall really enjoyed the design, art and thematic mechanics of this game. It's Oceans 11, Mission Impossible, Italian Job rolled up into a tight streamlined coop package.

Sounds like fun GP. How'd you like Artifacts Inc.? I have several other games by that designer (City of Iron, Eight-Minute Empire, The Ancient World, Above and Below). I have heard that Artifacts can be kind of longish with 4 players. Not sure if that's just from people that have only played it their first time and it took long because that's the nature of first time plays, or if it's a thing that will happen still after several plays with 4 players.

I've played Roll for the Galaxy once and liked it. I have played Red7 a couple times and didn't really care for it. One of the guys in my group has Burgle Bros, but I haven't gotten a chance to try it. I hope to one time at my group's weekly game nights.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 15th, 2015, 09:58 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Started out a game day with a delve into the mines of Shadows of Brimstone

We played scenario 4 in the adventure book where we needed to find a lost person in the mines. The ranchers son.

The game went extremely smoothly for us as we were able to take down most of our enemies quickly and easily. Our gunslinger is laying out lots of damage and whatever he doesn't kill the rancher takes care of.

Still love the game, but it may be nearing the end of its current run.

After that, we started up Pandemic Legacy

I have to say, this is deserving all of the buzz it is getting. I've played the original Pandemic several times and liked it quite a bit, but Legacy takes it to a whole new level.

The board changing as you go, your characters changing, the decisions you make now potentially having an impact down the road. So much fun.

We got our butts handed to us the first two games but came back and managed a win the first time we tried February. So we will be starting our next session in March.

Our board has already changed quite a bit and I'm really excited to see what is coming next.

Moved on to Evolution after that. This game really caught me off guard. I had only briefly looked at it different times but never really gave it much thought. You spend your turns trying to upgrade your species by giving them traits, adding to their population or their body size, or by adding new species. All in an effort to eat as much food as you can, which provides your victory points at the end of the game. I tried to create the most vicious carnivore that I could, as I saw that all of my opponents were going with plant eaters. The strategy nearly worked as I started having huge turns at the end of the game, I just think I attempted it a little to late as I wound up losing by only 3 points. Really, really fun game. Hoping to play it again soon.

Finished the night with two training missions in Bomb Squad. This is a co-operative game where you are programming a robot to go into a building, disarm bombs and save hostages. You do this by getting cards which you cannot see but show to the other players. You then take turns giving each other "intel" by pointing out what type of cards they have. If you do a good job giving the intel, they can then use the cards to program the movements of the robot. Hopefully, the cards you play will then allow you to achieve your objective. The game is also real time and has an app that controls the timer. The app also talks to you and either tells you good things "You are the best team I've ever worked with", or mocks you. "You should get ready for a loud noise!". We failed miserably both times. I'm not a fan of real time games, but after two plays of this I found it enjoyable and would play again.

All in all, a great, fun day of gaming.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old November 15th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

Rise of the Runelords suffers from the min max syndrome. The very last fight in the game is tough but that's about it. Skulls and Shackles attempts to fix this by making the variety of checks too big IMHO. Wrath of the righteous heads back to the min max syndrome but makes the checks much much higher which i think is currently working. We are in the last adventure in wrath of the righteous and its very tough but beatable.
Hmm, yeah, that's what I was worried about. We're definitely doing a lot of min/maxing. It's become clear that worrying about being successful in secondary traits is a waste of time if I can instead just get better at Strength (I'm a Paladin). Then we have a Sorcerer covering Intelligence, two players covering Dexterity, and two of us covering Wisdom as a secondary attribute, and we have no problem, especially with combat.

There were several places throughout where they should just make the rolls harder, IMO, or do more of the adding of the adventure path number (how many times do I really need to face a Bandit Henchmen in level three? I spent all last game auto killing one at the start of my turn at the Guard Tower just because I felt like "shopping" rather than auto closing it with the 5 strength check).

Quote:

Burgle Bros is one I've had my eye on. Sounds like a lot of fun. Coop games get a ton of play in my group.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 15th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
After that, we started up Pandemic Legacy

I have to say, this is deserving all of the buzz it is getting. I've played the original Pandemic several times and liked it quite a bit, but Legacy takes it to a whole new level.

The board changing as you go, your characters changing, the decisions you make now potentially having an impact down the road. So much fun.

We got our butts handed to us the first two games but came back and managed a win the first time we tried February. So we will be starting our next session in March.

Our board has already changed quite a bit and I'm really excited to see what is coming next.
As someone's who's already finished the game, it's great! Good luck!
Old November 15th, 2015, 11:55 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:

Sounds like fun GP. How'd you like Artifacts Inc.? I have several other games by that designer (City of Iron, Eight-Minute Empire, The Ancient World, Above and Below). I have heard that Artifacts can be kind of longish with 4 players. Not sure if that's just from people that have only played it their first time and it took long because that's the nature of first time plays, or if it's a thing that will happen still after several plays with 4 players.

I've played Roll for the Galaxy once and liked it. I have played Red7 a couple times and didn't really care for it. One of the guys in my group has Burgle Bros, but I haven't gotten a chance to try it. I hope to one time at my group's weekly game nights.
Artifacts Inc is really cool Hahma, I have only played it with 3 and never 4 players but finished under an hour easily. I think length really depends on the players to keep things moving and not stall out when taking their turn. You can't plan ahead very much because your dice roll will dictate what you can do for actions during your turn. I guess you could with extra dice have players roll their dice behind a screen like Roll for the Galaxy and then when their turn is up have in mind what they would like to do. I just haven't had an issue with that.

It is pretty easy to teach to other people and plays for about an hour which feels just about right. For the $16 or so spent I think it was a great purchase and will get many plays. Just don't expect a full blown heavy game. It's more than a filler though, lies somewhere in between.

I've got Above and Below and the new one Islebound that's on Kickstarter on my radar right now.
Old November 15th, 2015, 05:31 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yesterday I played in a Dice Master War of Light Hybrid tourney and went to a Godfathers game day where I played Specter Ops, Legendary and Rattus.

This week I don't have any finished models, but I have a lot of minis that are in progress and nearing completion. I also did my first miniature painting tutoring session.

I worked on the wookies and used some photos too give them all a little different coloration patterns.

I was looking for various source photos of Boba and it was interesting to see how different his coloring is from source to source.

We started a Twin Shadows campaign this week as well.

These mummies are still a WiP as well but were what we accomplished in our first 2 hour tutoring session.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games