Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 10th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Importance of the Nobel Peace Prize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post
Quote:
I can name 3 persons of color who have won the Nobel Peace Prize off the top of my head that were well deserving of the award....
Oh man...

You know what the "I know 3 black people" defense usually sums up, right?

I'm wasn't commenting on the nobel prize win for veiled racism, I was commenting on people complaining about Obama in general.

What are you saying there Ted? I know alot more than 3 black people...so if you were again insinuating that i am a racist then again you are being ignorant.
I think he was (perhaps clumsily) pointing out the common defense of "I know X people" but I'm against X." principle.

IE, Now I like gay people, I have gay friends, but I'm against gay marriage. Usually spoken by the whitest of white people who probably have zero gay friends.

This however, is not a hard and fast rule.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General