Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 8th, 2012, 12:52 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker
Re: Which mini-faction would you have liked to seen continue

I have to agree there. So far all Kyrie squads have been weapon based, so I think a shamanistic take on a Kyrie squad and hero would be cool, giving a more tribal, magical feel to them. Magic using kyrie would be quite cool. Of course, Sci-Fi kyrie would still be fantastic.
Old December 8th, 2012, 12:59 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

More Cowboys; Samurai and Monks

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:27 PM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker

I can imagine Aquilla's kyrie as a bit like a squad of weakened Sonlens, maybe all with a different 'minion', so perhaps a bird of some sort, or a spider, maybe even a wolf. They all seem to strike me as Aquilla-type animals, not sure how a wolf would work with flying, but that's just what popped into my head! In fact, I quite like the idea of Aquilla kyries! would anyone like to team up and brainstorm some ideas for them?

Samthegoat
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:29 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

I'd be down for working on some customs. However, I think a squad would have to have each member use the same animal. If you wanted to branch out from that, you'd want to do that with a hero, which would also set them apart from the squads.
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:32 PM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker

What if they have a summoning skill of some sort? like each of the familiars is a common hero, and it has to stay adjacent to one of the kyries at all times? I recon there'll be some way to work this out!

samthegoat
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:37 PM

Then the familiars would have to be figures on their own, not connected to the squad, with an ability reading something along the lines of: "Does not start on the field, must be summoned, etc..." But how would that work with a squad? Would it replace attacking, and if so, how many members would it take to summon? I think a hero who can summon, and then has a sort of "Familiar Bonding" would work quite nicely.
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:43 PM

I like the bonding idea, so perhaps 'after/before taking a turn with [Aquilla's kyrie] you may take a turn with any familiar you control. the familiar must end its turn adjacent to [Aquilla's kyrie]' or something like that, probably worded better!
Samthegoat
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:46 PM

Probably not adjacent, because that's far too limited, and I don't really see what the point in that would be. If anything, make it within, I don't know, 6 spaces? Much more freedom, but still maintains the theme of the kyrie having control over it.
Old December 8th, 2012, 01:49 PM

yeah, I see what you mean. perhaps there could be several different familiars, all with different powers and you can only have one at a time, so maybe a healing one, an offensive one and one that can take damage for the kyrie? I don't know, just bouncing around ideas!

Samthegoat
Old December 8th, 2012, 02:19 PM

Healing might be a bit too strong, but I can see a higher defense melee one, and a higher damage ranged one. That would make sense to me.
Old December 8th, 2012, 02:27 PM

By healing, I don't mean like kelda, just one wound if you get lucky on the D20, and I like the ranger idea, but what animal could that be? I think a 'dragon healing' type power on a low attack and defense creature, maybe a 3 or 4 attack creature with 1 or 2 defense, and vice versa for a defensive one. As for what species they could be, I think a healer would be a small dragon or phoenix, offensive, maybe a bear or wolf, and the defensive one I'm a bit stuck on, any thoughts on other powers or creatures?
Samthegoat
Old December 8th, 2012, 02:30 PM

I've always thought of bears as more defensive as far as symbolism goes, so you could use that. And then for offense, use a wolf or a wild cat. Wild cat would work since Aquilla seems to be very jungle/rainforest based in theme, at least in some areas.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units