Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 16th, 2010, 06:07 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 8/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Lawnmower View Post
In No Man's Land, it says 1 TJ, but I think I see 9 Jungle Brushes. That would be 2TJ. Maybe I'm seeing things.
Bah! Yeah, it looks like that's a mistake. The map does require 2 Jungle Sets. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax
Fulcrum: This was by far my favorite map. I played on this one several times, and found no problem with gameplay.

Just Passing Through: Pretty decent map. Only played on this one a couple times. No complaints really.

Fissure: Easily my second favorite map, I love all the LoS blockers and Heavy Snow, as well the Move glyph in the middle. I do agree with Dok about maybe switching a Glacier and a Ruin to try to give each side more room.

Warden: Only played on this one once. Again no major complaints. Other than the slightly wobbly ruins, there was nothing wrong with the map at all.

Jotun's Gap: Never played on.
Thanks for all the feedback. I've been hearing a lot of positive buzz about Fulcrum after GenCon. I think it's a map that surprises people. It's very basic and doesn't really look like much, but seem to really enjoy the way it plays. I'm really glad to hear it.

I think you and dok have brought up a good point and I'll probably look into revising the build for Fissure here in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedex worker
I'll have to say No Man's Land is my favorite, the theme is really cool, the map looks cool, and when I played on it it played well.
Yeah, No Man's Land is a map that we've had a lot of fun on when we want to mix things up. You can have some really interesting matches on there and really thematic battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R ART0R1US
Occasionally I just look at all the maps in the first post, and it seems pretty apparent that TT is Dignan's favorite expansion. What I also notice is that many of Dignan's maps have split starting zones that are geographically isolated from each other by water or some other terrain feature and that he likes using BftU as low ground when combined with RotV. Dignan, you have some of the most unique maps around and they definitely have their own style.
Yep, guilty as charged. I definitely love the tundra set. From the moment I got it, I've been hooked on using it in maps. I think the best looking maps out there have either Tundra or RttFF (or both).

As for my style, many of my maps tend to have similarities. You've picked up on a few of my typical aspects. I try to mix it up every now and again, but it's tough to shake. My next map will break from my style a little bit and has been pretty interesting in testing.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 16th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fulcrum is also a map I use to teach new players. It's already pretty tough remembering general rules and the powers ofeach army. To have to remember all that plus extra terrain rules.

Fulcrum is great because the strategy is simple. Stay be Jungle. Grab height.

There are no terrain rules besides Jungle and Water, which all relatively simple. There's no worrying over glyphs or which path to take. No question of which height to go to (lava can make this confusing).

Probably one of my favorite maps ever.

~Rednax
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:00 AM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker

Man, I love your maps. You are definitely one of the greatest map makers here. Your maps always looks so visually stunning!

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old August 17th, 2010, 08:29 AM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi View Post
Man, I love your maps. You are definitely one of the greatest map makers here. Your maps always looks so visually stunning!
Thanks, Nadi. I always try and make my maps visually appealing along with solid gameplay elements.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old August 20th, 2010, 03:29 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played a few games on Riposte today. I just wanted to say that it is a great map that remains well balanced while using the split start zones. Something that I've always been a fan of. I can post a battle report if you'd like, but I don't want to spam your thread.

Old August 20th, 2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I played a few games on Riposte today. I just wanted to say that it is a great map that remains well balanced while using the split start zones. Something that I've always been a fan of. I can post a battle report if you'd like, but I don't want to spam your thread.

Thanks, I'm glad to hear that the map worked out well for you. Feel free to post any commentary about the map here or discuss things that happened in your games. However, a full fledged battle report would probably be more fitting in the battle reports section of the forum.

Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:50 AM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 8/22

Update 8/22

Just another map I've been working on for a little bit. I wanted to get away from my typical small footprint maps and open things up a bit. I also wanted to combine some shadow tiles with jungle terrain. In the end, I generated this odd slim map that has some interesting play to it. Enjoy.

Map: In the Shadow of the Hive
Date Uploaded: 8/22/10
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 TJ

Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:45 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Just another great map Dignan! I like how you have the glyphs off to the side to draw action all over the map, as well as some jungle for melee in the middle!
Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In The Shadow Of The Hive is a fun map to play on, and in the games I've played on it, every section of the map saw some action.

Oh, and by the way, 8-move minions are a real bee-yotch to take down on this bad boy. (Curses to you podwest!)

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; August 22nd, 2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: I know. I know. How could I let him have both move glyphs? Hey, it happens.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:06 PM

Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker Killer Lawnmower knows what's in an order marker

Looks great Dignan!!
Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:49 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Getting ready to set this one up. Have to work the next couple of days and my son is at his mom's till school starts this week, but we will get some games on it. I may just use it for my FLGS gameday this week. Another great looking map Dignan.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:33 PM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 8/29

Update 8/29

Another week, another map. I've been working pretty hard on new maps in preparation for NHSD. This one is a bit wasteful. I really just wanted the trees and ended up using three road sets to get the look I was going for. In the end, I just used the road hexes from one set. So, I designed another map (which I'll upload shortly) that uses the left over hexes without the trees to be a "companion map" to this one. Anyway, enjoy.

Map:
Treeline
Date Uploaded: 8/29/10
Requires: 1 RotV, 3 RttFF

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios