Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 30th, 2019, 04:14 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Brandis Skyhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
One of my friends really likes drafting Brandis in our games. I don't own him personally, but when we play online matches, he has become a pretty feared adversary between us.

I think a lot of people miss his best use: he is an anti-wyrmling tech. Rolling 5 attack dice is almost a guaranteed kill.

I admit his uses outside that is pretty limited, but what he does do, no one can match him in for the points. Syvarris is good, but just so fragile if anything gets in his face. Also, wyrmlings seem pretty popular. I think I've lost more often to wyrmlings in the tourney scene than any other particular unit.

He has popped up regularly enough in our occasional online games that I am seriously considering dropping $10 for a C-figure lol.

I do wish he was an elf though. What the heck WotC, why did you have to give him the DnD treatment and ruin so many cool synergies.

EDIT: I realized reading the card again that his second special only works against UNIQUES. This is why I prefer the physical cards to look at every 10 seconds of the game with my short-term memory.

We've been playing him wrong over our last few games, but I still think he is well worth the 90 points against wyrmlings.
I know a lot of top competitive players are very aware of Brandis as a Wyrnling counter. Sure, he doesn't get Archer's Glory, but a normal ranged attack of 5 is pretty good against the Wyrmlings.

I brought him to GenCon for the main event. I never ran into wyrmlings (although I was handed an army with a few in a RtW round) but he got Archer's Glory multiple times in the course of the day. I did not regret putting him in my army.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units