Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 15th, 2022, 06:36 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarck View Post
Where did you found the place were ah are asking for card format?
Personnally I am for stick to the existing format which suit really well with all the marker/figures we have to put on card and are visible from the other side of the table. And..to keep a collection with a coherent looking
As far as I know they haven't actually posted a poll anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think you can lock and unlock that thread as needed to prevent posts?
Not 100% as I do not think I have ever locked a thread.
I actually do not have mod permissions anywhere on Heroscapers AFAIK, so I can't lock the thread or do any other kinds of moderation on it. I'm assuming/hoping that our friendly mods/admins that are active in this thread will monitor that one and move any discussion posts over to this thread as they occur.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 15th, 2022, 06:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Ahh, right on. Did not realize that was a mod power.
Cool thread.
Old August 15th, 2022, 07:30 PM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

Man I'm hoping that whatever the release is like that I can buy heroscape from my local game store.

I dislike buying hobby stuff online and I only do it when it is impossible to buy from my locals otherwise. I can't say wouldn't buy from hasbro directly but I can say that I've been playing magic for over a decade now and I've never bought anything from hasbro directly and I never plan to.
Old August 15th, 2022, 07:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You could always make a charitable donation to the game store and buy from Hasbro direct. Works out about the same.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 16th, 2022, 12:28 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Tease me some historical units!!

I thought one of the coolest things about HeroScape was how it had a lot of easily identifiable mainstream tropes. The first Master Set had a Dino, a Dragon, Aliens, Robots, not-Legolas, Vikings, Army Men, Samurai and not-Matrix. There wasn't too much "what is that supposed to be?" until much later and I think that was a huge part of the appeal (and something DnDScape and AotP didn't quite get right). Thus far, it looks like NewScape hasn't quite hit that nail on the head, but I will wait and see.

It is seriously one of my favorite things to do when introducing a group to the game to say "tell me like your top three movies where there is some kind of fighting/conflict" and then I go to the HeroScape display case and pull out the units for it. It never fails to impress!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; August 16th, 2022 at 01:03 AM.
Old August 16th, 2022, 12:34 AM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Tease me some historical units!!

I thought one of the coolest things about HeroScape was how it had a lot of easily identifiable mainstream tropes. The first Master Set had a Dino, a Dragon, Robots, not-Legolas, Vikings, Army Men, Samurai and not-Matrix. There wasn't too much "what is that supposed to be?" until much later and I think that was a huge part of the appeal (and something DnDScape and AotP didn't quite get right). Thus far, it looks like NewScape hasn't quite hit that nail on the head, but I will wait and see.

It is seriously one of my favorite things to do when introducing a group to the game to say "tell me like your top three movies where there is some kind of fighting/conflict" and then I go to the HeroScape display case and pull out the units for it. It never fails to impress!

Right, I'm okay with adding some cross genre figures because it makes sense from a lore perspective, but I still want some "pure" figures that clearly represent the world/time they come from
Old August 16th, 2022, 03:40 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Personnally I am for stick to the existing format which suit really well with all the marker/figures we have to put on card and are visible from the other side of the table. And..to keep a collection with a coherent looking

Not the pool, but the fact they are asking themself which format would be prefer, I dig into the AH discord and didn't find where it have been writed
Old August 16th, 2022, 06:25 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think there's a poll in the Facebook group.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 16th, 2022, 09:10 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not the pool, but the fact they are asking themself which format would be prefer, I dig into the AH discord and didn't find where it have been writed
https://discord.com/channels/8619790...74032273788939https://discord.com/channels/8619790...74032273788939
Old August 16th, 2022, 11:05 AM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!

For cards, I'm old school multi-hex. I bought an old book for holding 300 CD's, and it holds those cards perfectly. I've got my entire collection in a book organized by general, and species, then high to low cost. And it's glorious. I just pass the book around and it's very easy to flip through. I am not excited about new formats. I want everything in new scape to be compatible with old scape.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old August 16th, 2022, 11:11 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I made a flippant comment in the Discord about being really interested to see how a handful of Roman archers are going to be able to stop this new Technodome (today's reveal). While I made the comment in jest, I am a little concerned about some of the new things being full on sci fi war machines. I could believe that knights with swords and bow and arrows can stop robots but when you have literal death machines with metal tentacles rolling across the battlefield, it starts to stretch believability a little too far for me.

Yes I know it's heroscape and believability was always second to fun. I'm glad that's how it is! You always had to check believability at the door when you saw archers taking on machine gun wielding robots. However, while I could believe that a group of Roman's could gain up and overwhelm a robot, I'm not sure I can believe they can overwhelm a tank with sticks and sharp metal objects. I do hope the designers maintain a little discipline in creating something that seems world breaking in the Heroscape universe.

I still want to believe that historical units have a place in Heroscape 2.0.
Old August 16th, 2022, 11:14 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Today's designer notes, referenced above:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 08 - "YOU NEED TO GET YOUR VITAMINS AND MINERALS FROM SOMEPLACE?" - After our decision to create a literal living blast furnace on tank treads, it proved incredibly fulfilling to figure out an accurate tabletop scale to properly allow this monstrosity to consume all manner of enemy combatants, turn them into molten slag, and leave the clinker across the battlefield. I mean really, what is more horrifying to witness? (and yes, it fits on a peanut base…sort of.)
The filename for this image includes "machine_gun_penguin"

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion