Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 11th, 2009, 06:00 PM

StealthSuitStanley has disabled reputation
Re: Dayton,Ohio tournament

SSS, Brittany, and Noah are definites as well as Justin and Aaron. Donny B. is still a maybe.

later
SSS

01 out of 10 people don't understand binary.
Old March 12th, 2009, 09:30 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Hey - I don't mean to crash this party, but I wanted to post a link to the Warren, Ohio Tournament here so that everyone saw it. Hope to see you there!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 14th, 2009, 10:15 PM

Marduk has disabled reputation

The tournament went pretty well - for a first tournament, very well indeed. I believe it was 12 people, which is not a lot but again pretty good for a first tournament. Most of the maps were done by Mike Kesler, who is becoming a pretty talented mapmaker.

I went 3-1 and came in second. My army was old Raelin, Sir Gilbert, and five squads of Knights of Weston. My first match was against Father of Julian and his army of Cyprien, 2xMinions of Utgar, a squad of rats and Nakita agents. My knights didn't have too much trouble with the Nakita agents, standing up to their shots without much trouble and FoJ only managed to hit with a single engagement strike. Cyprien, who I like to call "the Pansy of Darkness", tried a lot of inappropriate touching but my manly Knights made short work of him. The minions were a nuisance, but in the end no match for valiant men. The game went to time before I could kill the rats, but the end result was victory.

My second match was against Stealth Suit Stanley, who brought Q9, two squads of blastatrons and three of gladiatrons. I was pleased since the knights should be able to make short work of an army like that. But the entire center of the board was lava field, and Q9 pranced out onto it like he hadn't a care in the world. Naturally I couldn't let him sit there with height advantage and snipe away at my army until he eventually died of whatever soulborg get in place of heatstroke, so in went the knights. And down went the knights, their heavy armor must have been too much for the crust of the lava field... I lost I think five at the end of the first turn and Gilbert took a hit as well, while the soulborg had little trouble. Sheer weight of defense dice and decent base attack eventually turned the tide, though, and when the game went to time (after I'd killed Q9) I had a decent lead.

My third match was versus outforblood, with Nilfheim, Cyprien and his wife, two squads of the 10th and Isamu. I started out doing nearly evenly against the 10th, but they managed to kill Raelin before I killed enough of them to make ofb switch to Cyprien. Cyprien went on a mad killing spree, killing Gilbert with a single chilling touch - most of his chilling touches worked, by the way - and making almost all of his defense rolls then killing one or two knights to bring himself back up to full each turn. When I was down to six knights left, I decided that I'd better ignore him and just try to kill something else before the last of my knights died. That's when my rolling (and ofb's) turned around, and in a couple of turns the pair of knights I'd essentially abandoned to Cyprien managed to kill him. The other knights, two at a time since I couldn't let Cyprien kill some without at least swinging back, moved up and killed of the last of the 10th, then Sonya, and starting to do damage to Nilfheim. Nilfheim fought back, eventually killing a couple of knights; but the ones who killed Cyprien were on the way and ended up killing Isamu in passing. Nilfheim knocked me down a single knight while I had him at one life left; I won the final initiative and put Nilfheim out of my misery. Games don't get much closer than that.

Finally I was up against krugsmith and his army of Laglor, Raelin (old), Q9, the Krav Maga Agents, Marro Warriors, and... something else, I believe either Isamu or Marcu. The rolling was pretty one-sided at first, and I lost a lot of knights to the Krav before I got up to them. I killed one, but couldn't do any more harm for quite a while as my knights were still dying in droves and not getting to attack much before getting killed. Q9 blocked a bridge, and I moved up Raelin in hopes of keeping Q9 bottled up with tough knights backed up with Gilberts attack aura. Naturally, Q9 blew through the knights more easily when they had the extra defense and he managed to finish Raelin off. By this time I had managed to get a few knights around the long way to Laglor and his Raelin, but after knocking Laglor down to three life and Raelin to one, they couldn't make any more headway. Likewise, Q9 was down to one life remaining and I just couldn't manage that last hit on him. Considering the rolls I did very well, and remain convinced that my army was far superior - just one missed defense on Raelin or Q9 in the last six turns or so and I might have ended up winning. Though I can't blame it all on rolls - in hindsight, I should have kept my army in a mass and just put up with sniping from the Krav Maga until I could be sure to keep a steady supply of knights moving up to keep the pressure on. I lost too many knights as they moved out of Raelins aura to attack the enemy and probably would have kept quite a few more alive as a big group under Raelins umbrella.

Malpractice makes malperfect!
Ohio Valley Association of Heroscapers

Art by Susan Van Camp, Copyright 2006. www.artbysvc.com
Old March 14th, 2009, 10:33 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Nicely written Marduk. The turnout I believe was 14 attendees, still not bad for our first tournament! I'll try and do a battle report when I'm less sleepy. The "Pansy of Darkness" and I will see you on the 28th. Tell Gilbert that Cyprien said "hello" from beyond the grave.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old March 16th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Anyone care to update us, or at least tell us who won and with what armies?

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old March 16th, 2009, 05:19 PM

krugsmith Woo who?

Sorry I was preoccupied and i just got the list sent to OVAH. Here is the information update from the tournament.

1st-Adam Smith-Q9, Krav, Laglor, Marro warriors, Isamu, Raelin(old)
40 bonus points for OVAH
Round 1: Win vs Noah Joines:L116 on the Height Advantage Highway
Round 2: Win vs Mike Kesler:L 225 on Cold feet cold Heart
Round 3: Win vs Julian Fuqua:L 33 on Garden of Adam
Round 4: Win vs Marduk:L 287 on the Bridges of Aquilla

2nd-Marduk-Sir Gilbert, Raelin (old), 5xKnights of Weston
10 bonus points for OVAH
Round 1: Win vs Father of Julian:L122 on Ruin of Van Kenball
Round 2: Win vs Stealth suit Stanley:L 277 on Lava Fun
Round 3: Win vs Outforblood:L 517 on Height Advantage Highway
Round 4:Loss:L482 vs Adam Smith on Bridges of Aquilla

3rd-Mike Kesler-Marro Hive, 5xMarro Stingers, Raelin(old)
10 bonus points for OVAH
Round 1: Win vs Aaron Lyons:L120 on Puddles
Round 2: Loss:L340 vs Adam Smith on Cold feet cold Heart
Round 3: Win vs Justin Lyons:L80 on xtraction Point
Round 4 Win vs Stealth suit StanleyL:200 on Garden of Adam

4th-Outforblood-2x10th reg, Cyprein, Sonya, Nilfheim, Isamu
40 bouns points for OVAH
Round 1: Win vs Justin Lyons:L373 on Garden of Adam
Round 2: Win vs Brittany Iriarte:L310 on Puddles
Round 3: Loss:L540 vs Marduk on Height Advantage Highway
Round 4: Win vs Tony Arnold:L 511 on Exraction Point

5th-Stealth Suit Stanley-Q9, x2Blastatrons, x3Gladiatrons
20 points for OVAH
Round 1: Win vs Tony Arnold:L355 on Wookies Paradise
Round 2: Loss:L365 vs Marduk on Lava Fun
Round 3: Win vs Johnathan Johnson:L180 on Hives
Round 4: Loss:L375 vs Mike Kesler on Garden of Adam

6th-Julian Fuqua-Q10,Blastatrons,Warden 816,Gladiatrons,Zettian Guards. 2xDeathreavers
Round 1:Loss:L530 vs Brittany Iriarte on Burning Bikiny Bottom
Round 2: Win vs Noah Joines:L170 on Unknown
Round 3: Loss:L530 Vs Adam Smith on Garden of Adam
Round 4: Win vs Aaron Lyons:L220 on Cold Feet Cold Heart

7th-Brittnay Iriarte-Grimnak,Nerak, 2xHeavy gruts, swog rider, Krug, 2xArrow Gruts
Round 1: Win vs Julian Fuqua:L 330 on Burning Bikiny Bottom
Round 2: Loss:L540 vs OutforBlood on Puddles
Round 3: Loss:L530 vs FAther of Julian on Wookies Paradise
Round 4: Win vs Johnathan Johnson:L420 on Lava Fun

8th-Justin Lyons-3xMarden Nagrubs, Isamu, Eldgrim, Tor-Kul-Na, Nilfheim
10 bonus points for OVAH
Round 1: Loss:L535 vs OutforBlood on Garden of Aadm
Round 2: Win vs Johnathan Johnson:L330 on Jungle Rot
Round 3: Loss:L535 vs Mike Kesler on Extraction Piont
Round 4: Win vs Steve Offord:L100 on Wookies Paradise

9th-Father of Julian-Cyprien, 2x Minions, Nakita, Marcu
20 bonus points for OVAH
Round 1: Loss:L490 vs Marduk on Ruins of Van
Round 2: Loss:L510 vs Aaron Lyons on Extration Point
Round 3: win vs Brittany Iriarte:L 373 on Wookies Paradise
Round 4: Win vs Noah Joines:L240 on Bikiny Bottom

10th-Tony Arnold-Marro Hive, Raelin(old), 5xMarro Stingers
20 bonus points for OVAH
Round 1: Loss:L540 vs Steath Suit Stanley on Wookies Paradise
Round 2: Win vs Stephen Offord:L100 on Bridges of Aquilla
Round 3: Win vs Aaron Lyons:L120 on Jungle Rot
Round 4: Loss:L 540 vs Outforblood on Extration Point

11th-Aaron Lyons-Isamu, Otonashi, Sonya Esenwein, Cyprien Esenwine, WO-SA-GA, Zelrig
40 bonus points for OVAH
Round 1: Loss:L535 vs Mike Kesler on Puddles
Round 2: Win vs Father of Julian:L185 on Extraction Point
Round 3: Loss:L525 vs Tony Arnold on Jungle Rot
Round 4: Loss:L535 vs Julian Fuqua on Cold Feet Cold Heart

12th-Noah Joines-3xKnights of weston, Sir Glbert, Nilfheim, Guilty, Isamu
30 bonus points for OVAH
Round 1: Loss:L290 vs Adam Smith on Height Advantage Highway
Round 2: Loss:L245 vs Julian Fuqua on Unknown
Round 3: Win vs Steve Offord:L220 on Puddles
Round 4: loss:L530 vs Father of Julian on Burning Bikiny Bottom

13th-Johnathan Johnson- Army Unknown